+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Thanks lilmac for the info. Currently if the quality of workmanship remains what it is $500,000 is asking way too much.

I have family in Southern California and when I was palnning on moving out there last summer (not that I could afford a condo) two bedroom condos in santa Monica were going for around $600,000 on up ( not near the water) and even way out in Pasadena they were charging $550,000 so I would imagine a place with a view of the ocean would sell for 800,000 in Malibu.

I agree this show is pretty juicy.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I would not buy those apartments. The only room I liked-- room 2-- they trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    I would imagine a place with a view of the ocean would sell for 800,000 in Malibu.
    I agree, except I'm gonna keep saying it: these places are Malibu in mailing address only as they are literally the first "Malibu" building in the 18 mile strip of coast known as such. If anyone needs to look up property values, check Pacific Palisades, specifically the area known as the Sunset Mesa, which covers all of the condos and homes that you see in the background from the aerial shots. This building is on Coastline Drive, by the way, just up from the intersection with Surfview Drive, off Pacific Coast Highway.

I rode down Pacific coast highly (PCH they called it) and man those places looked nice.Way to rich for my blood. I am curious to see how these couples are able to remodel these condos because if it were me ,Home Depot and IkEA would be where I would be shopping. So far I'm so caught up in the drama and the personalities that I forgot about the remodeling portion.

I just finished watching it on TiVo and whoever said the suit dude had to go, was right. "We don't do it like this in Malibu." Oh please! This isn't a $6M beach house. This is a condo. Some of the raunchiest places you will find around here are in Malibu, leftovers from before the rich and famous got here. Teardowns are all over the place. Please don't take him to be a true representative of the way Malibu thinks of itself.

I don't know if anyone is curious, but there was a gorgeous Mediterranean Villa on the hill in all the outdoor background shots. It has a name: Villa Leon. It's a private home, built in the 1920's and one of the first homes in the area. It's privately owned. It is one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen, but if you drive on PCH underneath it and look up, you will not envy the owner. A tremendous amount of hillside has slid out beneath it, taking most of the front terraces. I'd be scared to death to own it.

One more thing--when was the last time you spilled something in a parking lot and had to clean it up yourself? They let the management know. I assume they went in for more paint. But why did they sit there after that? Janitorial staff is hired for a reason. This was a retail establishment. Oops, I spilled it, sorry, bye. I doubt Sears' liability attorneys would approve of customers cleaning up hazmat. I don't get that part.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    One more thing--when was the last time you spilled something in a parking lot and had to clean it up yourself? They let the management know. I assume they went in for more paint. But why did they sit there after that? Janitorial staff is hired for a reason. This was a retail establishment. Oops, I spilled it, sorry, bye. I doubt Sears' liability attorneys would approve of customers cleaning up hazmat. I don't get that part.
    Yea, I didn't get that either, as a customer I would report the spill then go back and get more paint, but for Jayna to clean that up. Definitely wierd. And of course there was Sam pouting about wasting time but was she helping by refusing to help Jayna clean up. You know we must be in the presence of greatness or a saint because Sam has never made a mistake and she just cannot understand or tolerate it in others.

Yeah, didn't Ram-bo Sam say they were at the store 5 hours or something close to that. Come on and the way she came into the condo afterwords still P.O'd and stomping through the house like that was the last can of paint in the entire city. When I had to work retail and a customer spilled something I preferred that they didn't try and clean up the mess because they often make it worse and just got in the way and what was that girl using ....a rag to clean up oil based paint...from asphalt.

Yeah, didn't Ram-bo Sam say they were at the store 5 hours or something close to that.
    There is a Sears about 15 minutes away from the building, too, but they didn't go to that one. It's smaller and a little run down in Santa Monica. I suppose for production reasons they had to go to a different one--who knows how far they had to drive for it?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Who lived in those apartments before the contestents moved in. I've seen crack houses cleaner then those Malibu Apartments.
    The production team worked several months preparing the units for the show. This is not the way the previous tenants left them.

The 1970s-era Malibu building the producers eventually bought was originally used for rentals and was empty. No one had to be evicted.

"It took five months to get it to just the skeletal work," says Haimes. Work included a new roof and drainage, new air conditioning and plumbing.

Don Kaplan
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/29658.htm
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread