+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    I want to be realistic: these people are not designers and they are not professional construction workers. The results they churn out are going to be "unfinished" at best. That pony-wall looked like crap.

Supposedly these people have been chosen because they have some skill and experience at renovating. You do not have to be a designer or professional carpenter to do a good job. The shows on HGTV are proof of that. As was TNT's home improvement reality show from last year.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    With the time limit considered, look at the job they did.

Is that what you expect in a malibu complex on the beach? I certainly wouldn't, especially if each apartment BARE went for 800,000 dollars.

The floorboards not being finished like in apartment 1? In 5 days, I don't expect livable environments in the "upper class" strata to suddenly materialize.

Hey does anyone know what the price would be on a, these look like they are 2 bedroom condo's in that area. Ana is the one who threw out that $800,000 figure and I would question that.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    Can't stand Kim that much but if they are evicted, we'll see EXACTLY how much work gets done between Barney and Rose and the other couple (the couple who ended up telling Barney and Rose they were up for eviction). Frankly, Barney irritates the sh&! out of me.
    So right. How bizarre that they're so keen on axing Carl and Kim when they can barely handle the job with a full team. They already lean on Brad and Lew a ton. Don't any of these people think?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Hey does anyone know what the price would be on a, these look like they are 2 bedroom condo's in that area. Ana is the one who threw out that $800,000 figure and I would question that.
    I saw after the show ended that they will put the units up for auction. If you go to the website it says bidding will start at $500,000.

Thanks lilmac for the info. Currently if the quality of workmanship remains what it is $500,000 is asking way too much.

Who lived in those apartments before the contestents moved in. I've seen crack houses cleaner then those Malibu Apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Who lived in those apartments before the contestents moved in. I've seen crack houses cleaner then those Malibu Apartments.
    Heh.

And... if Malibu is anything like moving to Westchester County, NY.... you could definitely find a crack house that would go for $500,000 plus. Gawd, I looked at some nasty places out there. ::shiver::
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Broadway .

Man I thought crack houses were supposed to drive property values down...Guess not in Malibu or Westchester,Ny.

I think I'm going to refer to this show as The Complex Maliboo Hoo Hoo cuz I heard to much crying. Right now I don't like Sam and I don't like Kim. Sam is a pig of a women who blows things out of proportion and Kim acts like she's queen bee.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I love this show!

It's about time we have a new reality show that isn't recycling contestants! I don't see it being "Playing it Straight"'d...we've been in a dryspell for some months now..it'll gain momentum!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread