+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    ARRRRRGH! These people (Scotty and Sam or Erik and Jayna) are obnoxious enough separately, as a team.....I think that they all should be taken out and shot. I guess their strategy is stick together because they know eventually the other team gonna get booted. The test will be when or if they do rooms seperately. I suspect that Erik and Jayna will be gone next, because of Erik's ADD. Then again, if Rose can't contribute, and their next room isn't better, they'll be gone. I have to say Apt #3 was the best (though they should have had a bigger TV. I seems to me that simple design with quality workmanship and finishes will the most improved. The stripes and soffet did nothing for Apt #2.

Oh, and if Lew ever breaks up with Brad, HE'S MINE!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by KarenAnn
    Sam's a loudmouth, but it doesn't mean she's a bad person. She also provides a lot of entertainment. Although the team should have voted off either Scotty and Sam or Erik and Jayna. Those people are sliding into war . . .

Carl and Kim are very charming, even if no one on the show trusts them. I didn't like the part where Steve says he and Nicole should win because they're all-American and cited their having been the captains of the football team and cheerleading squad as evidence of this. That annoyed me incredibly.

Actually, I like the empty-ish room. It was quite pretty. The stripe-y room was pretty nice too.
    I couldn't stand Steve and Nicole at first with that comment either- but I liked how firm Steve was with Sam and Scotty about the whole "alliance" thing. Honestly?? I can't stand Barney and Rose (?)...Rose is lazy. I don't care HOW old you are- lift a damn finger.

Can't stand Kim that much but if they are evicted, we'll see EXACTLY how much work gets done between Barney and Rose and the other couple (the couple who ended up telling Barney and Rose they were up for eviction). Frankly, Barney irritates the sh&! out of me.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Newbie
    I don't understand why anyone would volunteer to be project manager when they know they don't get a vote. Seems like a very very dumb setup to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gajic
    I don't understand why anyone would volunteer to be project manager when they know they don't get a vote. Seems like a very very dumb setup to me.
    They didn't know that at the time. Although how they're going to convince anyone to be next week's PM is beyond me.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What pissed me of initially was when the teams met up and Barney and Rose met Dave and Ana and immediately the comments about the age. Barney was obviously yanking Dave's and Ana's chain about likeing western decor.

Just because they are 38 years older than you does not mean you disrespect them. Dave's comments about Barney being 70 or 80 were out of line, the guy's 67. He is not that much older than your parents. I guess this means Dave and Ana hate their parents. May they both be blessed with many children that have huge attitudes and many problems. Maybe they will do us a favor and off themselves when they both hit thirty because then their lives will be over cause they are old.

What's with Jayna going on and on about crown molding being middle class. She obviously does not watch House Hunters or Double Agents, where all the clients want crown molding and architectual detail. Constantly quoting Architectual Digest did not endear her to anyone. And yes the rich do have crown molding in their homes, I have even seen it in Achitectual Digest. She must have been reading the Jayna version.

Jayna was way out of line calling Scotty a redneck the way she did. Considering the way these 2 couples are arguing about everything I am surprised that Scotty didn't go balistic.

I agree with was it Dave, saying that Rose and Ana did not appear to be doing anything. Seems people like Barney but Rose is a problem.

By day 2 didn't any of the couples realize that they will have to compromise. Or did they just pick couples that are comprised totally of bitch queens and their pussy whipped twits.

Oh, BTW Sanyika, man talk about a stereotype, you are lazy.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-31-2004 at 07:51 AM.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Didn't it turn out that the two couples that were "nominated" for eviction (I'm not on the Big Brother thread am I? ) were the project manager's couples? I guess people don't like being told what to do on this show. How are they going to get anyone to be project managers next week?

I'm not impressed with Mr. Malibu in the dark suit. I understand that Malibu has an image, but give me a break. Either you like it or you don't, save the "Not good enough for Malibu" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy

I'm not impressed with Mr. Malibu in the dark suit. I understand that Malibu has an image, but give me a break. Either you like it or you don't, save the "Not good enough for Malibu" speech.
    Totally agree with you. The 'not good enough for Malibu' is going to get real old soon. I watch enough House Hunters which is based in LA and some of the beach property they show ain't all that grand. Some of these places are 50 or 60 years old and not put together that well. Remember not everybody out in California is super rich.

Having watched the first show, I have determined that NOT ONE of these people would be welcome to do ANYTHING to my house. Sheesh. What a bunch of imbeciles.

(Yes - I'll keep watching )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

where did the money go

What get's me is that these couples are given $10,000 dollars to redo the rooms and is doesn't show. The one unit had a $5000 dollar plasma tv but still where did the money go. I wish we had a breakdown.

I have seen nicer rooms on Home to Go and Decorating Sense and for a lot less money.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    I want to be realistic: these people are not designers and they are not professional construction workers. The results they churn out are going to be "unfinished" at best. That pony-wall looked like crap.

+ Reply to Thread