+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I forgot to mention that MalibuPam..the paint "cleanup" scene was funny and all because of RamboSam (good nic), but pissed me off cause of the phoniness.
    There's no way that a business would have the customer clean up paint that was spilled. No way. That part bugged me about the show..cause you just KNOW the producers set it all up.
    Last edited by Maveno; 09-01-2004 at 04:52 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Unit #1 pictures

Here's some pictures of the units. Unit #1 really didn't add much value, as therre wasn't much done to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Unit #2 pictures

Unit #2 was probably the most "finished" unit, though I think that more value would have been added with simpler touches. The wall stripes, which repeat the stripes from the quilt probably would have been better on the wall behind the bed, creating more focus there, just my opinion.

From the pictures it looks like they actually may have started some work on the bathroom, hmmm?
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-01-2004 at 06:00 PM.

Unit #3 pictures

I know many have stated that they thought Unit #3 looked like a hotel room. I wasn't sure that they meant that as a good thing. I'd like to think so.

Unit #4 pictures

I have to say that I was surprised at this design. I think that it's weakness was execution more so than concept.

FORT Newbie
    Kind of OT, but I really like the tall furniture things (armoire, maybe?) in Unit 2. The doors look kind of mirrored. Anybody know where they got those. I don't think it was Sears...lol

Thanks for the thumbnails of them; I never would have been able to describe them.

LG.
    thanks for the pictures, Chorita.

I think the result was that unit 3 added the most value (and cost the least, there is a math problem in there somewhere), and that unit 1 added the least value to the Complex.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

At the end of the premiere fox showed a website www.complexonfox.com if people wanted to auction. Well I went there to see if I could access some floorplans and see how big the rooms were and how many of them there were, and quess what? You can't get to that site. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I wonder why. Think fox pulled it for lack of interest????

BTW there are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. But isn't it weird that the front door opens right into the bedroom, that's why Monique wanted that wall built and Erik put in those bookshelves. Is that weird or what? That 's why I wanted to see the floorplans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    At the end of the premiere fox showed a website www.complexonfox.com if people wanted to auction. Well I went there to see if I could access some floorplans and see how big the rooms were and how many of them there were, and quess what? You can't get to that site. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I wonder why. Think fox pulled it for lack of interest????

BTW there are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. But isn't it weird that the front door opens right into the bedroom, that's why Monique wanted that wall built and Erik put in those bookshelves. Is that weird or what? That 's why I wanted to see the floorplans.
    The auction site worked for me it's a link to Premier Estates, the estate auction company that will sell the property. There are no floorplans or dimisions posted there, but they can arrange viewings.

I noticed the floorplans on the show and I think that the door in the bedroom is actually a back door to the condo. My brother used to live in a similar hillside condo in California and he also had door in the bedroom like that. I think it might be a code thing, a second exit from the building for fire, earthquake or landslides.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    The auction site worked for me it's a link to Premier Estates, the estate auction company that will sell the property. There are no floorplans or dimisions posted there, but they can arrange viewings.

I noticed the floorplans on the show and I think that the door in the bedroom is actually a back door to the condo. My brother used to live in a similar hillside condo in California and he also had door in the bedroom like that. I think it might be a code thing, a second exit from the building for fire, earthquake or landslides.

Wow, that's scary to have that second door because of big 3 reasons why everyone wants to live in California.

I guess it spooked me cause I would be uncomfortable having an outside access to a bedroom and I was sleeping in there.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-02-2004 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread