+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Complex: Malibu" coming to Fox on August 30

"The Complex: Malibu" coming to Fox on August 30

"THE COMPLEX: MALIBU" TO PREMIERE WITH TWO-HOUR EPISODE MONDAY, AUGUST 30, ON FOX

Sears is Sponsor of Competitive Home-Improvement Series Based on Australia's Most Successful Show Ever

From the creators of AMERICAN IDOL comes a new kind of makeover show. THE COMPLEX: MALIBU moves real-life couples into a cliffside apartment building in Southern California's coastal enclave of the rich and famous, and puts their construction, interior design and, most importantly, their relationship skills to the test with the chance to win a large cash prize. Home renovation under normal circumstances can be stressful enough to tear a relationship apart, but when couples are forced to keep within a tight budget and faced with strict deadlines and competitive neighbors, the stakes are even higher. Following a special two-hour premiere on Monday, August 30 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, the series will air in its regular timeslot on Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning Monday, September 6.

Nationwide retailer Sears, a sponsor of THE COMPLEX: MALIBU, has partnered with FOX and FremantleMedia in this unscripted series that gives contestants a budget to renovate their unit by a specified date.

Eight couples will compete for the opportunity to restore and redecorate one of four units. Under tight deadlines, the couples will battle each other for control of the units, while trying to add the most value to each of the rooms. A panel of real estate professionals - an interior designer, a real estate agent and an architect - will rank the rooms from best to worst and help decide the couples' fate: who stays and who goes. The renovated units will be sold at public auction, and the couple whose unit nets the highest-percentage profit will receive the profits from ALL of the units.

The eight couples participating in the competition are:

Barney (67) and Rose (64) from Hauppauge, NY
    Brad (37) and Lew (39) from Phoenix, AZ
    Carl (30) and Kim (30) from Las Vegas, NV
    Dave (26) and Ana (27) from New York, NY
    Erik (31) and Jayna (28) from Dallas, TX
    Steve (28) and Nicole (27) from Chicago, IL
    Sanyika (24) and Monique (26) from Washington, DC
    Scott (32) and Sam (31) from Canton, GA

THE COMPLEX: MALIBU is based on the hit Australian show, "The Block," now in its second season for Channel Nine in Australia. The first season finale last August drew the highest rating of any show in that country in 15 years.

Sears, FOX and FremantleMedia will support the show through a multi-faceted marketing program, including advertising, point-of-sale and on-line promotions, public relations and product integration. The partnership provides Sears with an opportunity to reinforce that Sears is a fun place to shop and to showcase relevant and innovative merchandise. Terms of the partnership were not disclosed.

THE COMPLEX: MALIBU is produced by FremantleMedia North America, Inc. Ted Haimes ("Married By America," "Temptation Island," "The History of Rock 'n' Roll") is executive producer.

FremantleMedia North America
    Based in Santa Monica and with offices in New York, FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) is one of America's foremost producers of reality-based entertainment programming for television. In 2004, FMNA will launch THE COMPLEX: MALIBU and the second season of THE SWAN on FOX. Additional credits include AMERICAN IDOL (FOX), which received five 2003 Emmy nominations and scored the highest-rated season or series debut on any network in the 2003/2004 season; "The Price is Right" (CBS); "Family Feud" (syndication); "Oliver's Twist" (Food Network); "Date Patrol" (TLC); "American Juniors" (FOX); and "Cupid" (CBS). FMNA is a division of award-winning international television production company FremantleMedia, which creates drama, entertainment and factual entertainment programming in more than 40 countries and territories. FremantleMedia is a wholly owned subsidiary and the content business arm of the publicly traded RTL Group, one of Europe's largest television and radio broadcast companies. The RTL Group owns 23 television and 22 radio stations in eight countries, and is a division of leading integrated media and entertainment company Bertelsmann AG.

Sears, Roebuck and Co. is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services. With revenues in 2003 of $41.1 billion, the company offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through more than 2,300 Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the U.S. and Canada, which includes approximately 870 full-line and 1,100 specialty stores in the U.S. Sears also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears is the only retailer where consumers can find the Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End brands together - among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the largest provider of product repair services with more than 14 million service calls made annually.

THE COMPLEX: MALIBU is based on the hit Australian show, "The Block," now in its second season for Channel Nine in Australia. The first season finale last August drew the highest rating of any show in that country in 15 years.
    I don't anything about the Complex but I can tell you that The Block was a fantastic show to watch. The Block 1 really focused on renovations and this was when 'do it yourself' renovating was huge in Australia. The Block 2 which is currently broadcasting now focuses more on the couples since there is alot of conflict between each couples.
    Since the Complex is basically a copy of the Block, I suggest you guys don't miss this show.
    I rather lurk than post.

This FOX show actually sounds like a good one. I will definetly be tuning in!

What's this??? A reality show filming right under my nose and I read about it here?

OK, since they said "cliffside" and not "beachfront" I can think of two good condo projects it may be. One is just north of Point Dume, and the other is really close to me just across the highway beside the restaurant Geoffrey's. Film crews have been parking near it this past week, but I haven't noticed anything there previously. I suppose they could have gone way north past Zuma/Trancas; I'm not so familiar with what's up there. I will be really disappointed if it is in the large complex that's tucked between my kids's school and the shopping center, because there is nothing glamorous about that place past the address. I will do my FORT duty and keep on top of this.

OK, there is a picture of the building in the promo shots now, and I know right where it is. It's on Coastline Drive, just uphill from PCH across from a small rocky beach in an area called the Sunset Mesa. If this place is really in Malibu, it is BARELY in Malibu by a couple of feet. In fact, 12 years ago when Chris and I got married, we were in escrow on the house immediately downhill, NEXTDOOR, on the corner of Coastline and Surfview, which was in Pacific Palisades (it didn't work out--bad geology). I thought the Malibu addresses began further up the hill. Anyway, the Malibu area is something like 18 miles long, and this place is SO on the edge that to call it part of the "enclave of Malibu" is pretty silly. Our town center, with itty bitty movie theater, drug store, and supermarket, is a good 8 miles north. "Enclave of Pacific Palisades" would be a little more accurate.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    OK, there is a picture of the building in the promo shots now, and I know right where it is. It's on Coastline Drive, just uphill from PCH across from a small rocky beach in an area called the Sunset Mesa. If this place is really in Malibu, it is BARELY in Malibu by a couple of feet. In fact, 12 years ago when Chris and I got married, we were in escrow on the house immediately downhill, NEXTDOOR, on the corner of Coastline and Surfview, which was in Pacific Palisades (it didn't work out--bad geology). I thought the Malibu addresses began further up the hill. Anyway, the Malibu area is something like 18 miles long, and this place is SO on the edge that to call it part of the "enclave of Malibu" is pretty silly. Our town center, with itty bitty movie theater, drug store, and supermarket, is a good 8 miles north. "Enclave of Pacific Palisades" would be a little more accurate.
    You MIGHT be splitting hairs a little too finely, I mean it's a "Reality TV show", not real life. "Malibu" is gonna be more accessible, have more cache, if you will, in middle America, than Pacific Pallisades.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

OMG! Big Brother meets Trading Spaces
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

This is the funniest show I have seen in a while!!! Fox found some doosies,huh.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    What's funny about it to me is that they are "auctioning" off these joints when all is said and done!! I wouldn't buy one of these places if it was in the middle of heaven.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

The Complex: Malibu
    FOX 2 Oct 01 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
    Series/Reality, 60 Mins.
    Episode #107.
    With one week left, four couples struggle to complete the remaining rooms in their units.

Producer(s): Ted Haimes.

Original Airdate: October 1, 2004.

IT’S CRUNCH-TIME FOR THE FINAL FOUR COUPLES
    ON “THE COMPLEX: MALIBU”
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, ON FOX

With only one week to go, the four couples work hard to restore and redecorate the remaining rooms in their units. A panel of real estate professionals – an interior designer, a real estate agent and an architect – will rank the rooms from best to worst and the winning couple is rewarded on this episode of THE COMPLEX: MALIBU Friday, Oct. 1 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CX-107) (TV-PG; L)

Host: Tyler Harcott

--------------------

The Complex: Malibu
    KTBC Oct 08 07:00pm Add to My Calendar
    Series/Reality, 60 Mins.
    Episode #108.
    The four units are auctioned to the public; the winner is revealed.

Producer(s): Ted Haimes.

Original Airdate: October 8, 2004.

**SPECIAL DAY AND TIME** / **SEASON FINALE**
    “THE COMPLEX: MALIBU” -- (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) In Stereo-CC
    THE UNITS ARE AUCTIONED OFF AND A SUMMER OF HARD WORK PAYS OFF FOR ONE COUPLE ON AN ALL-NEW “THE COMPLEX: MALIBU” FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, ON FOX - ON A SPECIAL DAY AND TIME The final four couples make finishing touches to their units. Potential buyers tour the complex and the public auction is held. The renovated units will be sold at the auction, and the couple whose unit nets the highest-percentage profit will receive the profits from ALL of the units on the season finale episode of THE COMPLEX: MALIBU Friday, Oct. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CX-108) (TV-PG; L)

Host: Tyler Harcott

-------------

Just a few updates. From Yahoo! TV, and FOX, respectively.

Looks like we only have 2 more episodes, and the real life auction is this Saturday.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread