+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Boy that was the most entertaining show I have seen. Glad Lauren won, she really kicked some serious butt today. I really was cracking up throughout the game.

Lauren knows how to play poker way better than she was letting on. She played damn near every hand perfectly all the while exhibiting this little confused girl routine. Now that was acting!!! Sean Astin hasn't got a clue about the game and was way over his head, Matthew Perry didn't get cards all night basically. The only time he won all night was just the blinds in the pot, and when he did get a great hand, everyone folded on him since he played so conservatively. They knew he was holding big cards.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

this was so entertaining to watch, it got me to comment on it.

This ep had it all. The beginner (Sean), serious type (chris), aggressor (Lauren), conservative (Matt), and Sara who seemed more concerned that she did 'right thing to do'. and a lot of odd banter to keep the audience entertained.

Lauren deserved that win. She seemed confused at the beginning, but i think she realized how conservative everyone was playing and took advantage. Anyone notice how few flops there was in this game too?

also, they should have a 2nd place finishers' matchup. seems like the more serious players end up 2nd place. have the Masterson brothers and Norm play each other with Wanda harassing everyone again.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Very enjoyable episode! Although all the cracks about "girl on girl" action was getting to be a bit stale and overused, I still found everyone to be really funny.

I was hoping Chris was going to win. I think he relied on his chip lead too much.. cause he laid back and basically watched Lauren sweep the felt with every hand. Had he of jumped in and did some good bluffing, I think he could have stopped her trainride to victory.
    I cracked up pretty hard when Sara threw Phil's book to the floor when she was sent packing to the losers lounge!

I really like this celebrity poker. So far everyone is keeping it pretty entertaining.

Yes Itachi808, there weren't a lot of flops AT ALL. This episode was more of the bluffers game...which is fun to watch also.

The only thing that really bothered me, I mean REALLY bothered me.. was the stain on Chris's shirt sleeve!!! Gahhhh! I don't care of Mother Theresa stained my shirt, I'm NOT going to wear it on national television! I kept staring at it whenever they panned to him. Very annoying.
    I missed the very beginning, where I think they explained it.. but I heard Phil or Dave say during the show that it was Tiger Woods who stained his shirt. Did I hear that correctly?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, I saw the whole show and to my knowledge, that was the only time that the explanation of that stain was mentioned.There was no mention of it at the beginning that I know of either. It was bugging me too that he would be on tv with a stained shirt.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I didn't even notice the stain until it was mentioned

It was a good episode. This is pretty much the only "reality" show my husband will watch, and he doesn't even play poker. It's fun though. I knew Lauren was going to win early on. She seemed to be the only one playing. Mathew waited to long to make a play, and as Maveno mentioned Chris relied to heavily on his early lead
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Maveno, I saw the whole show and to my knowledge, that was the only time that the explanation of that stain was mentioned.There was no mention of it at the beginning that I know of either. It was bugging me too that he would be on tv with a stained shirt.
    Ok. Good. I was on my front porch and I thought the only part I missed was the explanations of the game.
    I can't believe you missed it the whole time cali! It was so big.

Couple of things I forgot to mention..

I thought it was funny when Dave was describing the players as if they were boxers.
    "And we have Lauren, playing in the green..".. "Sara playing in the blue top..".. Dave is funny! Also, the "sailboats"..

Mathew had a big drinking problem for a while there...I was proud to see him drinking coffee!! Kudo's to him!

On another token, I wonder why they gave Sara a smaller pint of beer when they brought her drink out?

Did anyone else see when Sara sat on the loser lounge couch, that Sean grabbed her beer out of her hand and drank from it?? She said, "Uhh..okayyy" and looked at him funny-like...then he handed it back to her.
    That was really strange. I made my gf laugh hard cause I said, "oh..yeah, lets see him TRY and drink from MY beer!!" Lots of editting and bleeping woulda happened.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I noticed Sara switched to margaritas after that in the LL. Maybe she figured Sean would keep his hands off those.

Thanks for the updates! I thought Shannon Elizabeth was on this week .

FORT Fogey
    I can't believe I missed this! I love Sean Astin and Christ Masterson. Stupid me for not noticing it was thursday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast