+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave Foley will host second season of "Celebrity Poker Showdown"

Dave Foley will host second season of "Celebrity Poker Showdown"

DAVE FOLEY TO HOST THE SECOND SEASON OF BRAVO'S 'CELEBRITY POKER SHOWDOWN'

ALL NEW TWO-HOUR EPISODES TO PREMIERE THIS SPRING

NEW SEASON TO FEATURE TWO TOURNAMENTS AND FIFTY CELEBRITY PLAYERS

NEW YORK -- March 19, 2004 -- Comedic actor Dave Foley has signed on as the new host of Bravo's "Celebrity Poker Showdown." The new twelve episode season will feature Foley along with returning expert commentator, poker champion Phil Gordon. Season two will premiere in the spring with a new two-hour game format.

"I am excited to be working with Bravo and 'Celebrity Poker', said Foley. "I wanted to be on 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,' but apparently I did not meet the requirements for either category."

Currently seen on NBC's hit comedy "Will & Grace," Dave Foley is best known for his role as the beleaguered news director Dave Nelson on the NBC sitcom "NewsRadio" and as a founding member of the Canadian sketch comedy group "The Kids in the Hall." Foley has leant his unique voice to several animated features and will appear in several films this year including Sundance's "Employee of the Month," "Childstar" and "Ham & Cheese."

"We are extremely pleased to have Dave Foley as the host of one of our most popular series," said Jeff Gaspin, President of Bravo. "Foley is a tremendous comedic talent who I am certain will do a wonderful job calling the action this season."

Foley's co-host Phil Gordon is a world class poker player who has won nearly $1,000,000 in poker tournaments in the last two years including a 4th place finish in the 2001 World Series of Poker, a first place finish in the World Poker Tour: Aruba (professional division) in 2002 and most recently a first place finish at the World Poker Tour: Bay 101 Shooting Stars Tournament earlier this month.

The second season of "Celebrity Poker Showdown" will be much like the first, however it will consist of two separate tournaments of twenty-five celebrities. Each week, five stars of television, film, music and sports will compete against each other for a piece of the $250,000 prize pool in a game of No Limit Texas Hold'em poker for the charity of their choice.

Each week a new crop of stars will take to the table to challenge their peers. The winner from each week's game will go on to compete in the championship final sixth episode. The tournament will then begin all over again, with a whole new batch of celebrities. Viewers will have the inside track on the hands the different players are holding via hidden cameras. They will also be able to hear from the eliminated players, who will watch the remainder of their respective matches from the 'Loser's Lounge,' via closed circuit television.

The inaugural season of "Celebrity Poker Showdown" garnered spectacular ratings for Bravo, with the finale generating 1.7 million total viewers, more than one million viewers 25-54 and a 1.66 household rating.

"Celebrity Poker Showdown" is produced by Picture This Television in association with Bravo. Marcia Mul? and Bryan Scott, Andrew Hill Newman and Joshua Malina are the executive producers. Frances Berwick, Amy Introcaso-Davis and Shari Levine are the executive producers for Bravo.

Bravo, an NBC Cable Network since December 2002, is currently seen in 75 million homes and was the first service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. Today, Bravo offers innovative arts and entertainment programming with a unique point of view featuring original series, feature films (both independent and mainstream), theater, dance, music and documentaries. Bravo boasts critically-acclaimed original programming -- including "Inside the Actors Studio" hosted by James Lipton, Emmy Award-winning "Cirque du Soleil Fire Within," and the newest hit series "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and "Celebrity Poker Showdown." For more information visit www.bravotv.com.

Oh thank GOD! I hated Kevin Pollak, and have been a fan of Dave Foley's since "Kids in the Hall." I hope it's a good match. I'll definitely make sure to tune in more for the sophomore season.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I think he might be a better match with Phil than Kevin was. Plus, he's funny.

Can't wait for this show. I was wondering when they were going to announce it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Well, this guy HAS to be better than the guy with the hat..I dont even remember his name. But Jimmy Fallon spoofed him on SNL, so you know he was bad.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

You must really dislike him, Wenders, if you couldn't remember his name after it was mentioned twice in this very thread! You must have a mental block against him--which I wish I had, because personally I can't stand him.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I can't hate Kevin Pollack too much, because he's in my favorite movie (The Usual Suspects). But he had no personality.

I love Dave Foley. I'm so glad he'll be replacing Kevin Pollack. I'm also glad to see this show come back, although I hope they will get more celebrities who actually know how to play poker.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I can't hate Kevin Pollack too much, because he's in my favorite movie (The Usual Suspects). But he had no personality.
    Wow, I love The Usual Suspects, and I had completely forgotten he was in it. I must have the same memory repression that Wenders has!

Dave Foley is awesome! I won't miss Kevin Pollack a bit. He's a good actor, but a terrible commentator. If I had to listen to one more of Kevin's random Christopher Walken impressions I was going pitch a fit. I'll bet Phil loosens up a bit with Dave. Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast