+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave Foley will host second season of "Celebrity Poker Showdown"

I love Dave Foley. He is funny so I'm hoping he does a good job. Normally I like Kevin Pollack but he wasn't very funny talking about poker or he wasn't a good match with Phil.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Dave was on last night's World Poker Tour episode, which was the L.A. Invititational, with celebrities and pros playing.

Dave went out #11 (out of 196), and was the last celebrity remaining in the game. The reason? He'd never played poker before, and no one could get a read on him. Apparently, he was lucky as hell, and crazy to match.

I guess that gave him the poker bug, since he agreed to host this.

Saw that, and they said that the pros were most impressed by Mimi Rogers playing. She is in the second tourney.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Is there any news on replacing Dave? I'm so disappointed after seeing him host Game 1.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Replacing him? Lord, I hope not. He's great with his witticism and helps the show TONS when it's "lagging" imo.

It's funny when he comes out to the table as if he's been kept in a cage the whole game and he's about to go crazy.

I've always been a Dave Foley fan.. for yearrrs. Of course Kids In The Hall, but also on News Radio.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think he did better this time, and should get better as the games go on. He just needed to settle in some.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I did like Dave much better on show 3, he seemed looser and more funny. He is pretty funny when he comes running out to the table. I think he is used to moving around more then what he is doing.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I'm willing to give Dave more time to get used to his new gig. He was brilliant in KITH and nearly all of his other projects, so I hope he'll be able to settle in with this new role. Even Conan took a while to settle into his Late Night role, and now he's a a late night legend (I think I was one of the only people that first season that wanted to give him a chance).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I, for one, enjoy Dave Foley more and more as each episode adds. His silly made-up names for the directors of the "Texas Hold-em Basic" and "The Hands" films. His insane rantings when it is time for Phil to call the chip count. His favorite names for the pocket - double 8s are called "snowmen" and he likes to call them "double infinities" And when they do show him on camera, he is always mugging for the camera. I love Dave
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

And don't forget the double 7's are something like "hangmen walking" and double 4's are "sailboats". I love Dave!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast