+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Antes Up for Second Season of CPS

Bravo Antes Up for Second Season of CPS

BRAVO ANTES UP FOR SECOND SEASON OF 'CELEBRITY POKER SHOWDOWN'

TWO-HOUR FIRST SEASON FINALE WILL AIR AT A SPECIAL TIME ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 13

LOS ANGELES -- January 7, 2004 –– With the success of the first season of the “Celebrity Poker Showdown,” Bravo will begin production on a second season this winter, it was announced by Jeff Gaspin, President of Bravo. The new season will be filmed in Los Angeles and will air later this spring.

When “Celebrity Poker Showdown” first premiered on December 2, 2003, it achieved Bravo's second highest series premiere rating ever with a 1.59 household rating – just 0.02 behind the premiere of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

On Tuesday, January 13 (8-10 p.m. ET), the inaugural season will conclude with a special two-hour episode beginning one hour earlier than its normal time period.

The winners of the first 5 games, Paul Rudd (“Friends”), Richard Schiff (“The West Wing”), Nicole Sullivan (“The King of Queens”), Willie Garson (“Sex and the City”) and David Cross (“Arrested Development”), will face off to see who will be crowned the first ever “Celebrity Poker Showdown” champion, and win $100,000 for the charity of their choice. Just for making it to the finals, fifth place will win $7,500, fourth place will win $10,000, third place will win $12,500 and second place will walk away with $20,000 for their charity.

“Celebrity Poker Showdown” is produced by Picture This Television in association with Bravo. Marcia Mulé and Bryan Scott, Andrew Hill Newman and Joshua Malina are the executive producers. Frances Berwick, Amy Introcaso-Davis and Shari Levine are the executive producers for Bravo.

Bravo, an NBC Cable Network since December 2002, is currently seen in 75 million homes and was the first service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. Today, Bravo offers innovative arts and entertainment programming with a unique point of view featuring original series, feature films (both independent and mainstream), theater, dance, music and documentaries. Bravo boasts critically-acclaimed original programming -- including “Inside the Actors Studio” hosted by James Lipton, Emmy Award-winning “Cirque du Soleil Fire Within” and this summer’s breakout hit “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.” For more information visit www.bravotv.com.

I was pretty impressed with the caliber (over all) of the celebs they got for season 1. I wonder who they will get for the next run. Should be interesting.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I hope they replace Kevin Pollak. Really. He is a miserable host. Just dreadful. And if they can't find anyone that has some chemistry with Phil Gordon, he should probably be replaced too, (not that I've given up adoring him).

I'm embarrassed for Kevin every time he opens his mouth, and that can be somewhat distracting. I still like the show though. I could watch poker all day long, regardless of how lousy the players and hosts are.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I know what ya mean Z. I guess critiquing Poker with humor is harder than I thought. I honestly believed he’d be a good host, but it’s… well… boring.

I guess I have to agree, normally I like Kevin Pollack but he just doesn't seem to be good fit for the show.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I agree. Love Kevin, just not what he has been doing on this show. Maybe its the hat...

I love Paul. He may be a bit "dry", but he knows his stuff and they just need to find someone to pull some good insight and humor out of him.

I am with Zhora, I could watch poker all day long too. Whenever I go to Vegas, I find myself watching the tables instead of gambling myself. Much easier on my wallet that way too!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I hope they replace Kevin Pollak. Really. He is a miserable host. Just dreadful. And if they can't find anyone that has some chemistry with Phil Gordon, he should probably be replaced too, (not that I've given up adoring him).

I'm embarrassed for Kevin every time he opens his mouth, and that can be somewhat distracting. I still like the show though. I could watch poker all day long, regardless of how lousy the players and hosts are.

I absolutely agree Zhora.

I would LOVE to be able to play, but I'm not a celebrity.
    But, seriously....how many of us have sat there imagining ourselves playing?! I know I have, and everytime I do...lo & behold... I always win!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Happy to hear they are doing another.

My big wish is that they get more celebs that know how to play the game. Oy, the last episode was painful.

Welcome to The FORT Sauterelle!

I know what you mean about their lack of poker prowess. Yikes. I couldn't believe Scott in that last game. Even after lessons with Phil he wasn't able to figure out that having a high card doesn't mean you win when up against 2 pair. :rolleyes
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    ...I love Paul. He may be a bit "dry", but he knows his stuff and they just need to find someone to pull some good insight and humor out of him...

I agree. I love it when he says "So-and-so has a 72% chance of winning this hand" That BLOWS me away!

Once, I can't remember which round, he said "In order for _____ to win he'll need _____, and there is a 7% chance of that happening"... Then he got the card, I turned to my husband and said "WOW! What are the odds?" (I was serious!!)

Yep, he told me: "7%"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast