+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 5 players - January 6 & Post show discussion

I wanted Mimi to win. I thought she played very well. David Cross is not funny at all, who told him that he was? He pretty much came across as an ass too. For someone that has played cards since college, Scott didn't have a clue about anything. Definetly way over his head.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

This episode was sad. The show clearly hooked up the "unknowing" people to play together. Here's what I thought of them..

David: What an idiot...how disrespectful to his religion when he threw his yhamika (sp?). Also, he got real lucky that Mimi chickened out on those last hands.

Carrie: Holy Moses. Was she a wreck, or what?! She couldn't decide whether to keep her glasses on or not, let alone BET on a hand. I couldn't believe she made it as long as she did.

Tom: I think he was there to fill a seat..either that, or to get drinks for everyone else.

Mimi: She was the only one that had any knowledge of what to do, and had to coach Carrie along the whole game. She should have won, but she chickened out.

Scott: He should pay EVERYONE back who went to his drunken concert...the jerkoff. He won the first hand and thought he was the master_of_the_game. Oh yeah..he should cut his hair.
    --------------------------------------------------

Can't wait for the big ole showdown.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

yeah, you pretty much summed it up there Maveno. I was shocked when David threw his yhamika ... I think that there are different spellings, but I don't know any of them, so I'm sticking with yours... I thought there was a *u* and an *l* in there though.

I actually didn't like him too much at all.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think it is spelled jarmaluke.

I like David Cross, but his humor is dry and this was not the forum for it. He got extremely lucky when he was going head-to-head with Mimi. Scott was a doofus. Tom was the tamest I have ever seen him. I think Carrie was just trying to confuse the players. Mimi was a great player, it really was a shame that she couldn't pull off a win. The final round should be a good one!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Newbie
    I think Mimi's biggest problem was she didn't adjust very well to head's up play. Hands that you would fold with six at the table, you need to play when its one on one.

What shocked me the most is that Tom Green wasn't the biggest ass.

Don't bet against a bald guy at a celebrity poker table. Bald guys were 3 for 3.

SHOWDOWN CHAMPION, NICOLE SULLIVAN!!!

Yup, that there is my prediction ladies and gents! Not because she's the only female either...it's simply because I love her humor! She has great bluffing techniques and nobody really knows how to read her.

You can all pay me now.
    Last edited by Maveno; 01-07-2004 at 07:22 PM. Reason: error in shpelling
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

she rocked her show
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    yeah, you pretty much summed it up there Maveno. I was shocked when David threw his yhamika ... I think that there are different spellings, but I don't know any of them, so I'm sticking with yours... I thought there was a *u* and an *l* in there though.

I actually didn't like him too much at all.
    Just FYI = it's yarmulke in Yiddish, keepaw in Hebrew.

I don't think it was a real one cause he didn't go and get it right away. Aren't they supposed to have it on at all times?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I don't think it was a real one cause he didn't go and get it right away. Aren't they supposed to have it on at all times?
    Well, that depends on how observant they are. Only very Orthodox or Hasidic Jews have their heads covered at all times. Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist basically wear the yarmulke when at synagogue or elsewhere while praying. I don't know, but I'd suspect David Cross falls into the latter group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast