+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    like you don't find plenty of fishies at Canterbury, hazy. The place is flooded with walleyes
    Nothing like these fishies though. The all in move by Richard with nothing was very nice.

Ever play LG (at Canterbury that is)?

I should be studying for finals. Damn poker shows.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

LG.
    Richard has staged quite a comeback, and Timothy just lost to a flush of John's (on the river, none the less), so it's a much more even game.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    hazy, we take an annual summer associate junket to Canterbury where fun-lovin' associates and partners go bet firm money to show our summers how much "fun" it is to be a lawyer here. yeah, we're fun like that all the time, not just when trying to lure in our choosy prospects.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    I should be studying for finals. Damn poker shows.

Same here. It's just that poker is so...tempting.

And I really hope that John doesn't win. I mean really. C'mon, Busefield. Roast him like a ham sandwich.

LG.
    the loser lounge is very quiet for people who all know each other. I was expecting more comments from the peanut gallery, esp. with Allison joining them so early.

LG.
    three players and only 10 minutes left. Hmmm, this is going to have some quick action coming up.

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    hazy, we take an annual summer associate junket to Canterbury where fun-lovin' associates and partners go bet firm money to show our summers how much "fun" it is to be a lawyer here. yeah, we're fun like that all the time, not just when trying to lure in our choosy prospects.
    Remind me to put in for a summer associate position at your firm (now wouldn't that be weird?) - either that or just tell me what day you're doing it and I'll show up.

I agree - a lot is gonna have to happen quick. Richard has been playing much better. The old dude (I don't know his name) is just a little too passive weak to have a shot and Timothy is short, so I imagine Richard will pull it out.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

LG.
    Kevin's William Shatner impersonation was pretty funny. Can't believe Timothy dropped like a hot rock there.

LG.
    Richard won! Unbelievable comeback. And, even worse hats than Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Wow, that is quite an article about Martin Sheen, John! Thanks for posting the link. I really had no idea that Sheen was such a "moral" activist. I loved him in Badlands and Apocalypse Now but that has been the extent of my interest in him. In fact, I can't think of any other starring roles I've seen him in, just a few other disposable supporting roles that could have easily been filled by anybody. I've never seen an episode of The West Wing.
    He's always been an activist and has actually had a long and successful film career. Made well over 100 movies and almost as many TV films and appearances.

Remember "Wall Street" -- where (life imitating art, he played Charlie Sheen's airplane mechanic father. Just a few other box-office biggies,
    "Catch Me If You Can", "Apocalyse Now", "Taxi".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast