+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Willie maybe lucky....but did anyone really want to see Ben Affleck win....and in the high pressure moment did you notice how it suddenly became very hard to read Willie....and Ben gave stuff away....Still Willie did have luck on his side...

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    grr.. I don't think Bravo canada is carrying it .. ..

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Willie maybe lucky....but did anyone really want to see Ben Affleck win....and in the high pressure moment did you notice how it suddenly became very hard to read Willie....and Ben gave stuff away....Still Willie did have luck on his side...
    I wanted him to win I hope Willie is the first one out in the finals, lucky bastard.

I wanted Cheadle to win, but from what I'm reading here, I'm impressed with Willie. What the hell was Emily doing going all-in with a pair of 3's? She deserved that.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Does anyone know if there was a time limit to the game....? that last hand seemed very speculative to risk your entire pot on unless the rules required it...

and I am looking forward to next weeks battle...talk about mind messing what is up with four pairs of glasses...and poker is always more fun and funnier to watch with a bunch of wise cracking freinds....

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I wanted Cheadle to win, but from what I'm reading here, I'm impressed with Willie. What the hell was Emily doing going all-in with a pair of 3's? She deserved that.
    She was an idiot. I was embarrassed for her. Not just when she went all in, but every time she opened her mouth. Which, sadly, she did far too often.

I hope that all the women in this tournament aren't as moronic as she was. Ugh. We literally had to mute the television when she was giving her post-elimination interview. Unfortunately, we also had to mute it during Don's interview too, since she would. Not. Shut. Up.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar

Poor Ms. Proctor. I think I saw her on a talkshow on Monday. She really has a love of talking. The bad thing is that the love of talking is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Anyways, which one of y'all is recapping this for its addicts?
    Greenie and Zhora will be collaborating on a recap.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    She was an idiot. I was embarrassed for her. Not just when she went all in, but every time she opened her mouth. Which, sadly, she did far too often.

I hope that all the women in this tournament aren't as moronic as she was. Ugh. We literally had to mute the television when she was giving her post-elimination interview. Unfortunately, we also had to mute it during Don's interview too, since she would. Not. Shut. Up.
    Ugh, I know what you mean. I kept trying to *will* her to shut her mouth. If every woman they have on there acts that idiotic (all in with a pair of 3's :rolleyes), I'm done with it. I'm hoping the West Wing gal will do us proud.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Fade to black
    Willie was a lucky fish. The only hand he actually played well was the one against Emily and her pair of 3's. He called large bets with draws and large bets with nothing and hit every time but one. Now, a lot of people would say that's poker, and it is, but I want people like Willie at my table any time, any where.

It was a fun show to watch though, although Pollack's hat has got to go.
    Last edited by hazyshadeof; 12-03-2003 at 06:02 PM.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast