+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you play Texas Hold'em?

Did you win John?
    Who shot who in the what now?

No, I went out in the second hour, going all-in with 3 of a kind, and both the guys that called me hit their straight on the river. I then went over to the non-tourney tables, and took some money from our Bill, who then spent most of the rest of the night leeching it back from me.

He's a pretty good player, by the way.

Aww that's too bad, John. That river always gets me too.

We should have some sort of FORT poker tournament like we do with the Fantasy Football.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    I play! I got a free $15 from 7 Sultans with no Credit Card required. It worked out pretty well and I played on that free $15 for quite a while.

I've mostly stuck to B&M games though. I love playing at Binions in Vegas. Lot's of fun! Expensive hoby though.

Yesterday, I played in a $5 entry-fee 1-table sit and go game. I ended up 3rd (out of 9), and won $9. That was a fun hour. I only went out third because I went all in with a flush, and one of the other guys had a full boat.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Sit and go's are fun stuff. 7 Sultan's spreads the games online from $2.50 up to like i think $100. I really recommend once you get your game going to play livce though. Online is just not the same feel!

As for your flush getting taxed by the full house....well that's poker really LOL. One of the most important things I'd recommend is playing other peoples cards instead of your own. Follow betting patterns and the like.

Check out rec.gambling.poker on Google groups or through your newsreader. A whole newsgroup of serious poker heads and there are usually some good tips up there!

Good luck!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Aww that's too bad, John. That river always gets me too.

We should have some sort of FORT poker tournament like we do with the Fantasy Football.
    I'm in for a FORT poker tourney. I spend way too much time on pokerstars! Got a nice hat and sweatshirt from them though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345