+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phil Gordon, Co-Host

Phil Gordon, Co-Host

[IMG]images/img/hosts_gordon_pic.jpeg[/IMG]

Phil Gordon is a world-class card player, adventurer, traveler and accomplished businessman who has won nearly $1 million in poker tournaments since his debut as a major player during the 2001 World Series of Poker championship. Before taking up the game professionally, Phil graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology at 20, worked a 2-year stint at Lockheed Missiles and Space, and then joined Netsys Technologies, Inc. as its lead software engineer and first employee. Three years later, Cisco systems purchased the company for $95 million.

When not playing poker, Phil enjoys traveling and has been to over 50 countries on six continents. His travel narratives are available to the public at his award-winning site, www.pgordon.com. Phil is currently undertaking "the greatest road trip in sports history," to raise money and awareness for the Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation. Daily updates from the road are available at www.ultimatesportsadventure.com.

Phil was also a finalist on the World Poker Tour stop in Arbua (I think it was Aruba). Anyway, he is darn good, but not as arrogant as the majority of the pros seem.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I think you need a bona fide expert to co-host a show like this
    "That's Numberwang!"

absolutely fluff.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

...And if the "bona fide expert" just happens to be an incredibly tall, brilliant, athletic, rich world traveler with a sense of humor - all the better. (Did I mention that I think Phil is a little on the hunky side?)

Fade to black
    Phil is also a member of the infamous Tiltboys who write about their hilarious escapades inside the world of poker (and out). Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.tiltboys.com/

He poured water on his head in Aruba.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

incredibly tall, brilliant, athletic, rich world traveler with a sense of humor
    Let's see... I'm 60% the man Phil is. I'm not saying which 60, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    He poured water on his head in Aruba.
    I'll always remember that from your Top 10 Moment, Paulie.

If his last name was Hellmuth he might have poured the water on Juha's head.

Oh, and John, you have 100% of the good stuff from that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I'll always remember that from your Top 10 Moment, Paulie.

Perhaps my pride is misplaced, but I'll always feel like I brought poker to the FORT with my WPT Top 10 moments.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread