+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

What a disgrace.

Lindsay Lohan in Early Talks to Play Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime Movie

The actress is in early talks to play the big-screen icon in a television movie for the female-skewing cable network, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The project is not a new one and has been in development at Lifetime since last May. Independent producer Larry Thompson, who previously worked with the cabler on its 2010 telepic Amish Grace, is overseeing the project.

Lohan, a former child model turned actress (and singer), has -- like Taylor -- seen her fair share of career highs and lows. Since debuting in Disney's 1998 remake of The Parent Trap, Lohan starred in features including Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded.

More recently, Lohan in November was sentenced to jail time due to a violation of her probation. The actress, who failed to attend court-ordered therapy sessions, was also kicked out of the Downtown Women's Center, where she had been assigned to complete community service hours, after arriving late. Lohan ended up spending less than five hours in jail on Nov. 7 due to overcrowding.

Lohan, a longtime fan of Monroe, posed for the January/February issue of Playboy, for which she reportedly received $1 million.

Re: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

I agree. That would be a shameful casting choice.
    captain likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

no kidding !!! I see nothing even close to being similar and I'm actually a fan of both, but to say Linsday should play a legend like Elizabeth taylor, well IMO thats disgracefull. Aside from that, I don't see anything of the two that are at all similar.

If I'm being so honest, I actually always thought Delta burke looked a lot like Elizabeth Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    no kidding !!! I see nothing even close to being similar and I'm actually a fan of both, but to say Linsday should play a legend like Elizabeth taylor, well IMO thats disgracefull. Aside from that, I don't see anything of the two that are at all similar.

If I'm being so honest, I actually always thought Delta burke looked a lot like Elizabeth Taylor.
    I always thought Delta did as well. Also Sherliynn Fenn, who I believe played her in a TV movie.

I do not want LL to play Elizabeth Taylor. Bad casting. She doesn't look like her, sound like her, act like her, she doesn't have that luminous shine Taylor had. Plus I always thought, and this is before all her drug problems came to light, LL should play Ann Margaret.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think LL is a poor casting choice, too, for a few reasons.

That said, in terms of looks and charismatic presence, who could really play Liz? She lit the screen up like no one else, even when she was 12 years old.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

there is nobody like her, there will never be anybody like her. such a shame she is gone now.

Well, from what I read, the other one vying for the role is Megan Fox. As much as I hate to say it, I think Lindsay could pull her off better than Megan Fox. Unless she has lost it all in her recent troubles, Lindsay USED to be a pretty good actress. Although I agree with most of you - I wish there was an option c out there!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Well, from what I read, the other one vying for the role is Megan Fox. As much as I hate to say it, I think Lindsay could pull her off better than Megan Fox. Unless she has lost it all in her recent troubles, Lindsay USED to be a pretty good actress. Although I agree with most of you - I wish there was an option c out there!
    I think Linday Lohan is a dreadful choice. Elizabeth Taylor exuded sex appeal & class even through all of her scandals, divorces, etc. I don't attribute either of these traits to Lindsay, either in her acting or personal life. Posing nude, sleeping around & public substance abuse aren't sexy or classy, just trashy.
    With that said, she's a better choice than Megan Fox. Megan is gorgeous, like Liz, but her acting is dreadful.
    I agree, they need Option C.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I've been trying to think of some other choices, but it's not easy. Keira Knightly has the looks, but not the acting chops. Maybe Liv Tyler?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast