+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

Re: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Lindsay's not a bad actress. She needs to take care of herself & want to get better before resuming her career.
    What she's been doing lately career wise smacks of desperation moves to get people to look at her.
    I know, can you say "Playboy"??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vivian Leigh--so feminine; so in control.

I use to collect Elizabeth Taylor movies. I imagine Lindsey could do her British accent (probably even with her scratchy voice) in an impressive way. She has visited the dark side. That could bring depth. She has the height and fake cans to mirror Liz's real ones.

I am sure people are not kidding about all of Lindsey's substance related work issues. If they are not afraid of her messing up, go for it. I would not have the patience.

I use to marvel at (wish I had linsey's flawless skin and lean figure). I do not marvel at that anymore.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Every time I figure she's a total loss, I think of Robert Downey Jr. He brought himself back up from depths Lindsay hasn't even seen yet, but it wasn't because someone told him to, although they tried. He did exactly what you said, he took a good hard look at himself & saw what he'd become & decided to clean up his act. He concentrated on himself, not in fooling others in order to work. And look what it's done for him!
    Lindsay's not a bad actress. She needs to take care of herself & want to get better before resuming her career.
    What she's been doing lately career wise smacks of desperation moves to get people to look at her.

It's certainly possible for Lindsay to turn things around as Downey did, and he's an excellent example of someone who hit bottom and then proceeded to revive his career against all odds. But, as you said, he had to do it by concentrating on himself and really wanting to change. I'm not sure Lindsay is in that frame of mind yet, though she certainly should be at this point. I guess if I were a director, I'd be looking around to see who else I could get on whom I could definitely rely. If it were a small part in the picture, that would be one thing--but it's a lead playing an icon. I think Lindsay's got more work to do on herself before she's ready to take on something like that. Plus, I think some Taylor fans might be offended by the choice because Lindsay looks, well, so ragged right now and you don't want to have a strike against the movie before it's even released. She just seems like such a big risk to me.

Another person who's turned her life around after tanking her career is figure skater Nicole Bobek. She just looks so happy now when she skates--she's joked that sometimes even she would like to slap the smile off her face, but she knows it wouldn't work. She was very fortunate that she had people within the skating community who were willing to stand up for her and give her a second chance and she knows it--even her former and present coach, Richard Callahan, said he knew she was serious about changing her life when she consistently showed up on time and ready to work, which she never did during her Olympic eligible years. She hasn't got all her jumps back, but what she does have back looks good and she was always a good artistic skater--she was definitely one of the best interpretive skaters at the last Improv on Ice (which you can see on youtube, if you're interested). She's also doing some coaching of younger skaters at her Florida rink and teaching power skating to hockey players there.

Mark Wahlberg too. I agree with you - the biggest difference for Lindsay is that, at least publicly, she has not admitted she has a problem. It is always others trying to conspire to keep her down. Her mom is on the bandwagon too. And unless and until that turns around, she will not get better.

What about Scarlet Johannsan? My guess is she wouldn't do it, since I think it is a Lifetime movie. Just reading everything others have said describing Taylor in this thread, she is the type of person who came to my mind is being a good person to play her. Or even Michelle Williams, given how well she did with Marilyn Monroe.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

considering its a "lifetime" movie. I really don't care one way or the other, but being a huge fan of taylor I do care. IT wouldn't upset since its just made for tv movie that doesn't count much. Of all the low rent actresses, who else but linsday can really play her? It to me seems like a movie to watch on a really rainy and borring day.

FORT Fogey

If it's "only" a Lifetime movie then all the more reason to open up the field of potential candidates to some potentially talented unknowns--or at least audition a few actresses who aren't necessarily as well known. They'd be cheaper and perhaps more grateful for the break--and potentially be less liable to cause problems. A bigger movie, from a huge studio, might be able to afford delays if there were problems that I doubt Lifetime can. They need to be even more careful of hiring a possible liability.

And really, is there a huge public out there awaiting the next Lindsay Lohan film? How many of the films she's done as an adult have really been genuine hits? Is she famous for being a great actress or for her exceedingly public failures?

I'm going to throw out a couple of names that I suspect most people will disagree with, but I think Natalie Portman could do it. Possibly Emma Watson; she is very young, but has developed into quite a good actress makeup could age her as the role requires. Liz was British after all, and in that vein, perhaps Rosamund Pike or Carey Mulligan. They'll never find anyone as beautiful as Liz anyway and makeup can do wonders.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If it's "only" a Lifetime movie then all the more reason to open up the field of potential candidates to some potentially talented unknowns--or at least audition a few actresses who aren't necessarily as well known. They'd be cheaper and perhaps more grateful for the break--and potentially be less liable to cause problems. A bigger movie, from a huge studio, might be able to afford delays if there were problems that I doubt Lifetime can. They need to be even more careful of hiring a possible liability.

And really, is there a huge public out there awaiting the next Lindsay Lohan film? How many of the films she's done as an adult have really been genuine hits? Is she famous for being a great actress or for her exceedingly public failures?
    I actually enjoy Georgia Rule when its on TV. I know lots of people that do.

I'm thinking with Linsday's recent appearance on SNL, she will most likely be getting the role in this movie. If she didn't already. I'm curious does anyone know why she was hosting SNL and what she there promoting it for?

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    I'm thinking with Linsday's recent appearance on SNL, she will most likely be getting the role in this movie. If she didn't already. I'm curious does anyone know why she was hosting SNL and what she there promoting it for?
    It's been announced. She did get the role.
    Apparently it's only about the relationship with Richard Burton. Not her life or acting career.
    I hope when/if her full life story is done, it's done with a better choice for star. Someone the viewers can love.
    Elizabeth Taylor wasn't a scandal free person by any means. She was the queen of the gossip pages in her time & deserved most of it, but there was something about her that the fans loved, & that never went away. Plus, she always took care of herself & didn't let her looks go.
    Florimel and chicagodiva like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast