+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

Re: Linsday Lohan in talks to play Elizabeth taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been trying to think of some other choices, but it's not easy. Keira Knightly has the looks, but not the acting chops. Maybe Liv Tyler?
    Keira Knightly is too thin, Liz had curves. Liv Tyler... those lips just don't shout Elizabeth Taylor to me. Megan Fox might look okay, but actingwise? Blech!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think I'd rather take Lohan over Megan fox. I just don't see any acting talent with fox. Can you just imagine her playing Taylor. Gosh I would rather prefer lohan over that one !

FORT Fogey

I wonder if there might be a talented, but largely unknown, young woman out there who would be better for the role than LL, whom I just don't see as Elizabeth Taylor at all. Since the subject matter is Elizabeth Taylor, people will be interested just because it's her story. They don't necessarily need a "name."

Also, if they're going to do Taylor's entire professional career, they're really going to need more than one actress--she was something like twelve in National Velvet. It would look ridiculous to have the same actress playing her in National Velvet and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Or Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Or Cleopatra.

In addition, I heard that they're looking to shoot the film in Canada, which raises issues about whether LL could even get the court's permission to film there and if Canadian law would permit it (I can't remember the specifics in the report, but there are apparently Canadian laws that might prevent someone on probation in another country from working in Canada...or something like that).

She was even younger than twelve when she did the Joan Fontaine/Orson Welles version of Jane Eyre. She played Helen, Jane's friend at the orphanage who died. Although she didn't get a screen credit, she is totally recognizable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

she was also in Lassie. That was her first movie I believe.

You can't tell me that there are not any better choices than Lindsey Lohan or Megan Fox. Yuck to both.
    Florimel, KatesMom and Fanny Mare like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

The recent photographs of Lindsay Lohan don't scream Elizabeth Taylor to me. The problems she's had are showing up on her face, and she looks, well, like she was rode hard and put away wet. Taylor, at that age, was truly beautiful and her skin was flawless. Think Father of the Bride. Then think of what LL looks like now. I just don't think there's enough make-up in the world....

And it's really sad, because Lindsay is talented and she could be pretty, but right now, she just needs to concentrate on herself and getting completely healthy more than she needs to play Taylor. I still think a relative unknown might be better than many of those currently being suggested. There's got to be someone out there that's a decent match to the role. I keep remembering what they went through trying to cast Scarlett O'Hara. Practically every woman in Hollywood who could get tested for the role did--and now it's hard to imagine anyone but Vivian Leigh in the role. Not that Leigh was exactly an unknown but she wasn't a Hollywood star and wasn't that well known to American audiences either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I keep remembering what they went through trying to cast Scarlett O'Hara. Practically every woman in Hollywood who could get tested for the role did--and now it's hard to imagine anyone but Vivian Leigh in the role. Not that Leigh was exactly an unknown but she wasn't a Hollywood star and wasn't that well known to American audiences either.
    If I remember correctly, they wanted Bette Davis for that role, but her studio wouldn't release her to do it. As good an actress as she was, I can't imagine her in that role, just Vivian Leigh.

I hope they go in another direction from Lindsay. You're right about her rough looks, I can't imagine her even coming remotely close to the sweet & flawless beauty Liz had at that age.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If I remember correctly, they wanted Bette Davis for that role, but her studio wouldn't release her to do it. As good an actress as she was, I can't imagine her in that role, just Vivian Leigh.

I hope they go in another direction from Lindsay. You're right about her rough looks, I can't imagine her even coming remotely close to the sweet & flawless beauty Liz had at that age.
    A ton of women were considered for Scarlett--Bette Davis, Tallulah Bankhead, Joan Crawford, Paulette Goddard, Katherine Hepburn, Jean Arthur...just about anyone who had any kind of name at all. Women who wouldn't test for anything anymore agreed to do tests. It was a nightmare.

But to get back to Lindsay, the way you put it is right--at the same age, Elizabeth Taylor had a sort of sweetness and vulnerability about her that Lindsay just doesn't have anymore. It's not like I'm a huge Elizabeth Taylor fan either. I like her in some roles and don't care for her in others. But you'd have to be blind not to see the differences in the way she and Lindsay look at a similar age. Besides, Lindsay really needs to concentrate more on herself than on her career right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Besides, Lindsay really needs to concentrate more on herself than on her career right now.
    Every time I figure she's a total loss, I think of Robert Downey Jr. He brought himself back up from depths Lindsay hasn't even seen yet, but it wasn't because someone told him to, although they tried. He did exactly what you said, he took a good hard look at himself & saw what he'd become & decided to clean up his act. He concentrated on himself, not in fooling others in order to work. And look what it's done for him!
    Lindsay's not a bad actress. She needs to take care of herself & want to get better before resuming her career.
    What she's been doing lately career wise smacks of desperation moves to get people to look at her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast