+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Already Controversy Over The X-Factor

Re: Already Controversy Over The X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I only ever heard of Cheryl Cole because she was dating Derek Hough from Dancing With The Stars. In fact, there were rumors in the past she was considered by producers to be a contestant because of their relationship. I've read they're now broken up, though I don't know if that's true.
    Hubby said he could swear she was married to Ashley Cole, a big soccer star in Britain.

I knew she was a judge on British XF, but that's all I ever knew. Because comments from her camp were coming up that at least one of the reasons she was canned was due to her accent, I went and looked up clips of her and was surprised. She wasn't hard for me to understand at all. Most talent shows I watch have at least one Brit on the panel, and I don't think she would have been any harder for me to understand than them. Sometimes when they really get going, their accents bring part of the fun
    That's part of the reason why I love watching SYTYCD, Nigel's accent.
    I do feel bad for her. I don't know what the story is, but I'm not sure I buy she knew she was getting fired and was all happy about returning to the British version. Simon may have fully believed she was going to do that, and I read he was surprised she didn't since she'd be considered the head judge over there, and would make more money. However, it seems like FOX and Cowell are the ones looking bad in all of this.
    Yes, I used to really like Simon, but now my admiration is tarnished somewhat. He should have stuck to his guns and never fired her to begin with. What a mess.

I don't like Nicole, but I'm really tired of these shows being about the judges, anyway. Shouldn't it be about the contestants? I could care less who Simon's Girl Friday is, who has chemistry on the panel, whether something got slipped into Paula's Pepsi cup (I think they're going to be a sponsor), or who makes her cry and spit out rainbows and sunshine first. I feel like this show isn't going to be the big deal they're making it out to be. We already know the concept, it's another singing show, Paula and Simon aren't anything new or surprising, the host may tank, and who knows where Nicole and the other guy will fall into place. I feel like they're just cannon fodder by FOX. I like The Voice's concept a lot better, even if it doesn't seem much different from this show. And, I like their judges a whole lot more.
    Amen to all of the above, including your comments about The Voice.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Hubby said he could swear she was married to Ashley Cole, a big soccer star in Britain.
    She was married to him but they split up when his philandering ways were revealed. I don't know if she and Derek Hough were dating but they were(are?) good friends at least. She was put forward for the judge position by Cowell so it didn't have anything to do with Hough. Actually I read a story that the American producers of the show didn't like her dating Hough and wanted her to break up with him. Which seems weird- I don't know anything about Hough but I don't think he is a bad character?
    Last edited by CCL; 06-12-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Here is A UK article about what happened with Cheryl and the X-factor.

Cheryl Cole: 'I'm better off without The X Factor' - X Factor News - British TV - Digital Spy
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I read an article that had a quote from Nicole's manager, which said Cheryl was never intended to be a judge and this was all a publicity stunt to generate interest close to the premiere. Her manager claims Nicole was never going to co-host, and would always be a judge. Which to me is a bad publicity stunt, because if that's the case, it doesn't seem Cheryl was let in on it. They apparently are going to show Cheryl judging, so I suppose they'll milk the incident into a bigger deal than it really was when she's suddenly gone. To the casual viewer, I doubt they even know who Cheryl is (I never did except for her dating Derek Hough), nor that there was any playing of musical judges in the first place. Why the need for all the drama in the first place? It'd be kind of funny if Nicole wound up bombing as a judge, or being disliked. I didn't like her when she was on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I read an article that had a quote from Nicole's manager, which said Cheryl was never intended to be a judge and this was all a publicity stunt to generate interest close to the premiere. Her manager claims Nicole was never going to co-host, and would always be a judge. Which to me is a bad publicity stunt, because if that's the case, it doesn't seem Cheryl was let in on it. They apparently are going to show Cheryl judging, so I suppose they'll milk the incident into a bigger deal than it really was when she's suddenly gone.
    What a mess.

To the casual viewer, I doubt they even know who Cheryl is (I never did except for her dating Derek Hough), nor that there was any playing of musical judges in the first place.
    I had never heard of either of these ladies until now.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

UGH!! Went to the Dallas taping of TXF last night. Admittedly, I don't know the format of the show and can only relay my observations. Nicole only says something that has previously been stated by another judge OR she says something utterly, utterly stupid. IE last night she asked several contestants "If you were an animal, what would you be?" She also asked a contestant who had just finished singing Shine Down's Second chance, "Did you write that song?" she was totally serious, she is a blooming idiot. At the beginning, during introductions she actually said that she watched Paula Abdul when she was a little girl and wanted to be like her when she grew up. As a woman in my forties I have to say, way to make friends and influence OLD LADIES Nicole!! As for LA, he seemed to have good comments but they rarely let him talk. He sat on the end, a la Randy Jackson. Paula and SImon bantored and commented as the did on AI. Absolutley nothing fresh or innovative. It was pretty boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12