+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Apparently he completely rewrote his material between Detroit and Chicago, so it isn't just that Detroit has better taste than Chicago...although it may be that as well!
    I'll believe "he" rewrote it about the same time I believe Santa Claus ate those cookies I left on that table late last year.

Somebody rewrote, maybe, but if so it wasn't Chuckie Sheen. Obviously he had some busy little hired beavers working 24/7. Even so, I doubt it could have been THAT much better. So I still question the local audience's taste level. I mean just buying the tickets in the first place already makes that questionable.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Proof of sorts than it a way Sheen is right that he can still be entertaining. When someone else is writing for him (since Sheen's Korner proved he SUCKS when nobody is)...

Funny or Die Presents Charlie Sheen's Winning Recipes
    I didn't find that video to be particularly funny but I sure was envious of that "outdoor kitchen." Wow!

I'll believe "he" rewrote it about the same time I believe Santa Claus ate those cookies I left on that table late last year.

Somebody rewrote, maybe, but if so it wasn't Chuckie Sheen. Obviously he had some busy little hired beavers working 24/7. Even so, I doubt it could have been THAT much better. So I still question the local audience's taste level. I mean just buying the tickets in the first place already makes that questionable.
    Apparently they retooled the entire "show" and it now has a moderator (a radio "personality" from a Toronto station) and the substance is taking questions from the audience rather than just a Sheen rant.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Charlie Sheen Tour: Four Attendees Give Their Take on Cleveland Show

the actor got another standing ovation; he also received one in Chicago on Sunday night after being booed the previous evening in Detroit. As with the Chicago crowd, Cleveland chanted "Detroit sucks!" before the show started.

The Cleveland reception perhaps isn't surprising as Sheen often wears hats and T-shirts featuring Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians logos and played Cleveland Indian Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn in Major League. He also came out onstage in an Indians jersey.
    In other words... pandering.

Ben Heckerman, Akron, Ohio
    "I love Two and a Half Men and Major League, and Hot Shots was one of my favorite movies growing up. So I'm a big Sheen fan. We paid 80 bucks for our tickets and would have paid more
    In other words... an idiot. And what's someone who paid $80 gonna say? "I was a fool for paying that much"? Hardly.

Gina Snyder, Heckerman's fiancee

Anytime he said anything remotely cool, everyone in our [section] howled and stood up. It felt like Animal House."
    Err... "Cool"? And Charlie Sheen in the same sentence? Does. Not. Compute.

Julia Love, Copley, Ohio

I paid $80 to go see him, and I would have paid four times as much, easily. As funny as it sounds, it was part of history in the way he came up with the new quote. Every time he says something new, people are going to wear it on a T-shirt, and I was there when he quoted that phrase. You can't put a price on that."
    Good. Lord.

Ken Love, Julia's husband

"Sheen is the kind of guy who every guy wishes he had a friend like that. I'd give anything to have a guy friend like Sheen. I would live on his couch."
    Ehem. Would it be amiss to suggest that Ken here is a bit of a loser? NOT WINNING, Ken.

Just heard on the radio that he's now trying to trademark 21 (?..I think that's what they said) of his catchphrases like Tigerblood and Winning so people have to pay him to use them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

In other words... an idiot. And what's someone who paid $80 gonna say? "I was a fool for paying that much"? Hardly.

Good. Lord.

Ehem. Would it be amiss to suggest that Ken here is a bit of a loser? NOT WINNING, Ken.
    It certainly doesn't say much for the intelligence of people who would pay even one thin dime to hear a guy who is clearly delusional, drug-addled, and egomaniacal rant and spew forth random words and sayings in answer to prompts from a "moderator" and the audience. Hard to believe how anyone can call this entertainment.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Good. Lord.

Krom- I totally second your comment about being present for historical Charlie. Pretty much a complete waste of space.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Multiple media sources are reporting that, after negotiations with High Grant fell through, CBS is finalizing a deal with Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen on Three and a Half Men. I might actually watch the show now! I know some people don't like Ashton, but I think he's a doll. Everything I've read about him and his relationship with his brother makes him a-okay in my book.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sorry, but I really don't like Ashton at all.
    I would never watch the show if he was on it.
    NEPASue likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread