+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

  1. #61
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,010

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    It wouldn't surprise me, hep. The pictures of him yesterday drinking "Tiger Blood" and waving a machete were totally fake too - he had his thumb over the top of the bottle when he was "drinking."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,843

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    I don't think it's fake. Why would you fake something that causes you to lose your kids, job and most friends?

  3. #63
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,010

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Oh, I think he's crazy, but he's acting even crazier. A lot of this stuff is totally staged because he's probably trying to make money - celebs get money all the time for tweeting various products. It's clear he's unbalanced, but he's definitely doing what he needs to do to get as much attention as possible.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think it's fake. Why would you fake something that causes you to lose your kids, job and most friends?
    I don't think that Charlie Sheen is faking it either. But I do think that he is now playing to the audience by pulling some of those recent stunts like with the machete. He seems to be really enjoying all of the attention that he is getting - unable to see the reality of how he is actually being perceived by the majority of us. Personally, I am sick of him and all the media coverage that he is getting.

    Look up hypomania on the web....as stated by Dr. Drew Pinsky. I truly believe that Charlie is bi-polar. Then just add in his addictions, and he is one messed up dude. I was never a fan of his show Two and a Half Men - or of him in general. Just not my cup of tea.

    I don't think that he will be seeing any of his children any time soon. I certainly hope not - for their sake.

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Now that Charlie Sheen is waving a machete around in public, couldn't someone step in and insist on a psychiatric 72 hour hold, as he is a clear danger to himself and/or someone else? Somehow, I think if an average person--you know, someone who isn't a warlock with Adonis DNA--were waving a machete in public and claiming to be drinking tiger blood (whether he is or isn't), someone would be calling the cops and having that person hauled in. At least I'd hope that would be the case.

    I feel really bad for his parents, children etc. Maybe his twins aren't old enough to understand what's really going on, but clearly his oldest daughter is. They're caught in the middle of this mess, whether they want to be or not, and so far, there's been basically nothing they've been able to do, because Charlie doesn't think he needs any help.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,146

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Look up hypomania on the web....as stated by Dr. Drew Pinsky. I truly believe that Charlie is bi-polar. Then just add in his addictions, and he is one messed up dude. I was never a fan of his show Two and a Half Men - or of him in general. Just not my cup of tea.

    I don't think that he will be seeing any of his children any time soon. I certainly hope not - for their sake.
    I saw that on CNN. His explanation made total sense. Just wait til he comes down!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,843

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Todd Bridges of Different STrokes fame, says he acted like CS when he was doing drugs. He thinks CS is too and that the claims by CS that he is clean are false. He may be right. There are varying opinions on what is going on.

    We won't know for sure unless he is actually admitted to a medical facility and somehow it gets out then. Remember it was never really clear about Brittany Spears when she was committed. Drugs or mental? Maybe both?

    I just read that Brooke has requested that CS have a mental health evaluation completed before he has time with the boys again. Great idea and I think that any judge would order it. I just hope it's not one of those where they go down a list and ask him, will you hurt anyone, are you hearing voices, etc. He could lie his way out of it. He would tell them what they want to hear. They need to look at ALL the facts. You can't take the word of a person like him. Why don't people realize that?

  8. #68
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Todd Bridges of Different STrokes fame, says he acted like CS when he was doing drugs. He thinks CS is too and that the claims by CS that he is clean are false. He may be right. There are varying opinions on what is going on.

    We won't know for sure unless he is actually admitted to a medical facility and somehow it gets out then. Remember it was never really clear about Brittany Spears when she was committed. Drugs or mental? Maybe both?

    I just read that Brooke has requested that CS have a mental health evaluation completed before he has time with the boys again. Great idea and I think that any judge would order it. I just hope it's not one of those where they go down a list and ask him, will you hurt anyone, are you hearing voices, etc. He could lie his way out of it. He would tell them what they want to hear. They need to look at ALL the facts. You can't take the word of a person like him. Why don't people realize that?
    I really doubt that Charlie will submit to psychological testing. The reason being that the results of those findings can be used in other litigation that he's purportedly pursuing.

    If the family court judge decides he's too unstable, based on professional testing and reports, to have unsupervised visits with his kids there is no reason that Warner Brothers cannot use that same documentation in their counterclaims against him.

    He needs money now, and I think those needs will be his "guiding" force in the short term. I predict he'll drop the custody issue if he's ordered by the court to undergo psych evaluation.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  9. #69
    FORT law638's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    He's 45. He's not their problem anymore, especially since he doesn't really listen to anything they've had to say in the past 20 years.
    Age is not an issue. If you are a threat to yourself or others, this is a condition for involuntary commitment. Doesn't have to be his parents, could be the police that goes in front of a judge. They could hold him for 72 hours for evaluation & after a hearing in front of a judge, could be released or held involuntarily for as long as the judge deems necessary.
    Last edited by law638; 03-10-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

  10. #70
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

    Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    Age is not an issue. If you are a threat to yourself or others, a condition for involuntary commitment.
    I mention his age only to reference the fact that his parents have not been responsible for him for over 25 years. They don't have much contact with him, either, from what I have read.

    Committing someone involuntarily is a difficult process. Even if theatrically waving a machete around for the paparazzi was admissible evidence, that commitment would not exceed 72 hours. Courts are extremely reluctant to commit people involuntarily. The burden of proof imposed by law is quite heavy absent a suicide attempt or serious assault. In my state, a court order would not keep him committed for more than 2 weeks after that 72 hours. There would be hearings every 2 weeks if the commitment was mandated. And, at any time he stopped evidencing the behavior, he would have to be released.

    Maybe the "Goddesses" should give it a shot. They live with him. And given Sheen's inclination to physically abuse women, they'd have credibility.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 03-10-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: ave
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.