+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Two and a Half Men

Mel Gibson...his name is coming up again everywhere as part of "famous drunken rants" discussions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Mel Gibson...his name is coming up again everywhere as part of "famous drunken rants" discussions.
    Thanks! I completely forgot about him.

I liked the show when it first started, when it was about more than his sex life.

I feel for those working on the show and think Charlie needs a good slap from reality.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Never liked this show at all. Just didn't find it funny. Know TONS of people that do though.

As for Charlie Sheen I think he should be ashamed of himself and should seek help for his obvious substance abuse problems as soon as possible. The way he's handled this entire situation is so disgusting. All those people out of jobs because he couldn't keep his temper and mouth in check....so deplorable. I can't imagine what his family is thinking.

I also almost died laughing when I heard that Charlie Sheen claims he has made Chuck Lorre all of his money and that CL owes him everything. I checked IMDB and Chuck Lorre has been involved in TONS of shows including Charles In Charge, Cybil, Roseanne, Dharma and Greg, Grace Under Fire, and The Big Bang Theory! Charlie Sheen is just straight up delusional!

They just said on the news that John Stamos was going to replace him (unconfirmed). I hesitate to heap disgust on him because his recent slew of interviews indicate there is something seriously wrong with him. Since I haven't walked a mile in his shoes, I don't know the chicken from the egg with his recent partying/mental-emotional problems.
    I would also like to add that his role in 2 1/2 men glorifies the drinking, loose ladies lifestyle. All the people making that the most popular show are part owners in this.
    Count your blessings!

In his recent interviews he's looking like he hit some uppers pretty hard recently. His face is really showing it. It's obvious he's not eating well based on that and combined with him bouncing off the walls like he has has been it just screams drug binge to me.

I'm not disgusted by him but sad that he can't get his life under control.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think it's pretty clear now that Charlie's only hope of starring on a TV show would be in the reality TV genre.

Maybe he, Mel Gibson, and Tom Cruise could do one together.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Regular

This has been him for 20 years. He has been no different since the start of 2 and a 1/2 men. They just signed him to a 2 million per eps contract a couple of months ago. His personal life has nothing to do with his performance on the show. This is all about ego. Everything he has done or said has been like this for years the difference now is he talked negative about producers, writers, executives and the creator. Even after all that happened in the past few weeks they were ready to start filming again until he crapped on those in charge. So they dont care about him or his life they care about the money he makes them and now him putting stuff out there (which he shouldnt do)

That all being said those other workers and staff have made a lot of money off of Charlie. He never missed work, he was never high or drunk on set. If chose not resign his contract because he wanted to move on would he be wrong because all of them lost their job? No. He didnt do this the executives did. [mod edit] Its just now they decided to be tough on him because their egos were hurt. [mod edit] Everyone only care a show was cancelled when they miss out on seeing that show. No one cares about the crew!

Its so easy to go after and blame Charlie for everything now. [mod edit]
    Last edited by Mariner; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    This has been him for 20 years. He has been no different since the start of 2 and a 1/2 men. They just signed him to a 2 million per eps contract a couple of months ago. His personal life has nothing to do with his performance on the show. This is all about ego. Everything he has done or said has been like this for years the difference now is he talked negative about producers, writers, executives and the creator. Even after all that happened in the past few weeks they were ready to start filming again until he crapped on those in charge. So they dont care about him or his life they care about the money he makes them and now him putting stuff out there (which he shouldnt do)

That all being said those other workers and staff have made a lot of money off of Charlie. He never missed work, he was never high or drunk on set. If chose not resign his contract because he wanted to move on would he be wrong because all of them lost their job? No. He didnt do this the executives did. [mod edit] Its just now they decided to be tough on him because their egos were hurt. If the producers or CBS cancelled the show after season 3 because of ratings would it bothers any of you that the crew lost work? No it wouldnt because shows get cancelled all the time and none of you ever have spoken out about the crew. Everyone only care a show was cancelled when they miss out on seeing that show. No one cares about the crew

Its so easy to go after and blame Charlie for everything now. [mod edit]
    I have never watched a whole episode of this show. Not a fan. I had no opinion of Charlie Sheen's antics as reported in the tabloids other than he appeared to be a complete jerk in his personal life/relationships.

However, after his recent PR blitz on radio and TV, I have to come to think he's truly mental. As in off-the-wall ranting, nsane, and possibly dangerous to himself.

He was lucky to be employable for as long as he was. He says he's "special." I'll buy that. But I think his employers are sick of his brand of special, and I find no fault with them for pulling the plug on this show. It's their show. Not his.
    Last edited by Mariner; 03-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

In his current ragged, thin state, I keep thinking he's Dr. Oz when I see him on tv.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread