+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

FORT Fogey

Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

When Shelly Long left Cheers the ratings went way up when Kirstie joined the cast. We will see the same thing with this. I have never watched the show because I have never liked Charlie Sheen. I will definately tune in now. Ashton is one terrific actor and man.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Hopefully Kucher will breath new life into the show for those of us who quit watching a while ago.
    Even before Charlie Sheen's latest series of mishaps I didn't like the guy. He's creeped me out for years. His character, Charlie, I've disliked from the beginning. I watched it for Jon Cryer, Ryan Stiles, Holland Taylor & the ex-wife (don't know the actress's name). The kid could be funny too. The best episodes were the ones that featured Allan.
    After a while Allan started acting too much like Charlie & I just quit watching.

I'm not much of an Ashton Kucher fan, but I'll tune in to see what it's like now.
    I agree, I disliked that Allan became more and more like Charlie, with the kid being a mini me.... Now Ashton often plays a more nice and lovable type person, so hopefully they won't have someone else in there who is out creeping the Allan of today. The role models being presented to the kid always bothered me no end.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Can I just send out some kudos to Denise Richards? She is just so classy in all the interviews she has done in the last year and classy is not the first word I would have used to describe her. TBH, never liked the girl or thought she could act, but this woman has been in a relationship with the world's newest trainwreck and has conducted herself with grace. She gets It. She understands that ANY bad word against your ex affects the child. She's had many opportunities to trash the ex and yet always takes the high road. Because she understands that what she says will affect her children. She understands and expresses that her relationship with Charlie is totally different from the dad/daughter relationship. As it should be. Men can be dastardly husbands, but great fathers. Obviously these kids are gonna find out on their own who/what their dad is and it will be disappointing. She can hold her head high, knowing that she didn't influence her children's thoughts and that they came to the same conclusion based on what they KNEW.

Mad props to the woman, because I might not be so kind, I'm not that evolved (YET), someday I might be THAT forgiving. Today, I am not.
    Hyper likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Can I just send out some kudos to Denise Richards? She is just so classy in all the interviews she has done in the last year and classy is not the first word I would have used to describe her. TBH, never liked the girl or thought she could act, but this woman has been in a relationship with the world's newest trainwreck and has conducted herself with grace. She gets It. She understands that ANY bad word against your ex affects the child. She's had many opportunities to trash the ex and yet always takes the high road. Because she understands that what she says will affect her children. She understands and expresses that her relationship with Charlie is totally different from the dad/daughter relationship. As it should be. Men can be dastardly husbands, but great fathers. Obviously these kids are gonna find out on their own who/what their dad is and it will be disappointing. She can hold her head high, knowing that she didn't influence her children's thoughts and that they came to the same conclusion based on what they KNEW.

Mad props to the woman, because I might not be so kind, I'm not that evolved (YET), someday I might be THAT forgiving. Today, I am not.
    I've read that even Charlie, via Twitter, is saying he likes Denise's book. Now, that may or may not be an endorsement that means much to the general public, but I would imagine that it's important to her/their kids that their parents are able to be publicly civil to one another, in spite of everything.

I agree that Denise Richards has been extremely classy throughout the Charlie debacle.
    Two years ago, people were writing her off as just another Hollywood bimbo.
    I'm so glad she's proven them wrong.

As far as Ashton on the new show, I've never thought anyone was irreplaceable.
    However, if they had replaced Charlie with someone whom I think is talented, I'd certainly watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

So, did anybody watch the premiere with Ashton?
    What did you think?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You're welcome to start a thread in the Non-Reality Shows forum to talk about the show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011