+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

Re: Charlie Sheen and 2.5 Men

I'm with you, Critical. I never watched because I can't stand Sheen, but I do like Kutcher. Fox News put up a couple of his tweets that seemed to confirm what hasn't been formally announced as yet.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ever since I saw Ashton on an episode of Oprah many years ago, I've been a fan. He was so sweet talking about his brother and their relationship, as well as talking about Demi. I think people believe the dopey character he has played is actually him, but it's not. From everything I've seen, he's a really sensitive, thoughtful person away from the public persona. Plus, he's just really nice to look at!

I HATE Charlie Sheen and would never watch anything he's in. Not only do I find him personally repugnant, I think he's a terrible actor. I LOVE John Cryer and Conchata Ferrel, as well as the rest of the show's cast. I'll definitely check it out if Ashton joins the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I do watch the show regularly, but in my opinion the loss of Sheen can only improve it. He was, to my mind, always the weak link. The rest of the cast is fantastic and I'm glad they get to keep their jobs. I wanted Ryan Stiles to take on a more regular and equal role in the show because he is one of those fantastic cast members, but I'm willing to give Mr. Kutcher a shot.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Count me in as someone who will be giving it a shot, but I don't have (m)any expectations for how the changes will play out.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I do watch the show regularly, but in my opinion the loss of Sheen can only improve it. He was, to my mind, always the weak link. The rest of the cast is fantastic and I'm glad they get to keep their jobs. I wanted Ryan Stiles to take on a more regular and equal role in the show because he is one of those fantastic cast members, but I'm willing to give Mr. Kutcher a shot.
    I agree with your whole post.

Here's a tweet from Ashton Kutcher Thursday night.

"What's the square root of 6.25?" The answer, it turns out, is 2.5."
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Whatever Charlie Sheen is now, I have to say I thought he was very entertaining on 2 1/2 Men. It's a well-written show and I thought his character was well done. I actually didn't watch the show until all the publicity surrounding Charlie's departure, and started watching the reruns on a cable channel. He's burned too many bridges to go back to TV, and probably movies as well. I can't stand Ashton Kutcher, never understood his appeal, so I have no interest in watching the new version. But I'll probably continue to watch the re-runs of the original.
    NEPASue likes this.

Kiz

The Clicker - It's official -- Kutcher to join 'Two and a Half Men'

snip...Kutcher won't be playing Sheen's character, Charlie Harper. Sources told THR that Lorre has come up with a way to introduce Kutcher's character that will satisfy CBS and Warner Bros. Inside word from those close to the show also indicates that the sitcom is heading into production ASAP...snip
    Sorry, MizDaisy , it appears Kutcher will be the on the show next season, at least if Today got it right. I didn't watch the 2.5 Men when it first came on because of my dislike of Sheen, but a friend twisted my arm, and I started watching second season. Like you, I thought Sheen was very funny for the first few years, but his character got old for me. I'm glad you're ejoying the show, and one good thing, you have plenty of reruns to enjoy .
    Last edited by Kiz; 05-13-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Oh, well. I read Kutcher has a huge following on Twitter, over 6M, so he'll no doubt bring a younger demographic to the show. I doubt they'll miss me.

Hopefully Kucher will breath new life into the show for those of us who quit watching a while ago.
    Even before Charlie Sheen's latest series of mishaps I didn't like the guy. He's creeped me out for years. His character, Charlie, I've disliked from the beginning. I watched it for Jon Cryer, Ryan Stiles, Holland Taylor & the ex-wife (don't know the actress's name). The kid could be funny too. The best episodes were the ones that featured Allan.
    After a while Allan started acting too much like Charlie & I just quit watching.

I'm not much of an Ashton Kucher fan, but I'll tune in to see what it's like now.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ever since I saw Ashton on an episode of Oprah many years ago, I've been a fan. He was so sweet talking about his brother and their relationship, as well as talking about Demi. I think people believe the dopey character he has played is actually him, but it's not. From everything I've seen, he's a really sensitive, thoughtful person away from the public persona. Plus, he's just really nice to look at!

I HATE Charlie Sheen and would never watch anything he's in. Not only do I find him personally repugnant, I think he's a terrible actor. I LOVE John Cryer and Conchata Ferrel, as well as the rest of the show's cast. I'll definitely check it out if Ashton joins the show.
    I agree with you. I've seen Ashton in more serious roles and he's by far a better actor than Sheen, and I loved hearing about his relationship with his brother. If they don't write him as the same sort of character he's played in the past I think he'll be great. I admit I did like Charlie in the show when I first began watching 2.5 men in reruns, but he grew old for me. I won't miss him a bit and I'm happy that he didn't sink the entire ship. All of those people should not be out of work because one guy is a total ass.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread