+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

She's old enough to mock now, I say, so give her a dedicated topic.

Aside from the usual dumb nekkid picture stuff, the ridiculous clothes she wears, and now her bongtastic use of psychoactive drug salvia, there's this gem...

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...-Bully-And-A-B

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4125748;
    She's old enough to mock now, I say, so give her a dedicated topic.

Aside from the usual dumb nekkid picture stuff, the ridiculous clothes she wears, and now her bongtastic use of psychoactive drug salvia, there's this gem...

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...-Bully-And-A-B
    Between the parental trouble/split-up, the young stardom, the inappropriate clothes/actions/words, I have 2 words to say about her future direction .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .....................Lindsay Lohan
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

Anyone who didnt see this coming must be from another planet. She was raised in a far to entitled way not to grow up feeling that she didnt have to answer to anyone for her behavior.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

When "Hannah Montana" first became really big, I subtly steered my daughter away from the Disney channel. It was too late for my niece and she thought Miley was all that. I bet her mom Miley would turn into Britney Spears and she'd be wishing they'd never heard of Hannah Montana. She disagreed and was convinced otherwise. Years later, she's paying up.

I always like betting on a sure thing.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

I dont want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy. - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4125912;
    When "Hannah Montana" first became really big, I subtly steered my daughter away from the Disney channel. It was too late for my niece and she thought Miley was all that. I bet her mom Miley would turn into Britney Spears and she'd be wishing they'd never heard of Hannah Montana. She disagreed and was convinced otherwise. Years later, she's paying up.

I always like betting on a sure thing.
    Eh, it doesn't matter. Kids get tired of trendy performers faster than they outgrow their shoes. My 7-year-old still watches HM but she could care less about Miley Cyrus. She also still watches Sonny With A Chance and the Camp Rock movies despite Demi Lovato entering rehab. The Jonas Bros. have already run their course at my house. Next year it will be something else. I fawned all over teen stars when I was young and plenty of 'em were living wild, it was just covered up more effectively. Personally, I don't find anything shocking or newsworthy about an 18-year-old taking a hit off a bong. Or, for that matter, getting their party on. It's a stage that many will pass through, lord knows I did.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The kid in the background had a bad case of the munchies. He was tearing up those Frosted Flakes right out of the box.

I think she's just another young girl who grew up with the trainwrecks of hollywood. As well, her parents, who certainly helped her not grow up into a responsible young lady. Sure teenagers make mistakes, but they usually learn from them!

She's just another in a long list of started out great and went downhill from there.

FORT Fanatic

How can anyone at the age of approx. 12 and have mobs of people adoring your every move and your life is an open book with parents encouraging this not end up badly? This is just not normal for young people and it is difficult for adults to handle much less kids......

The only media person who I feel who has escaped this fate is the actress Dakota Fleming...who so far has parents who have kept her grounded and not full of herself.....

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4126057;
    Personally, I don't find anything shocking or newsworthy about an 18-year-old taking a hit off a bong. Or, for that matter, getting their party on. It's a stage that many will pass through, lord knows I did.
    Sorry, but I cringed at this statement. I DO find it shocking that Miley Cyrus is shown taking a hit off of a bong, but maybe I am just too old to understand how that is no big deal.

I disagree that it is a stage that young people have to go through, because not all young people are mature enough nor strong enough to understand the path that they are going down is a slippery slope. Sadly, though, these young people are often time the "breadwinners" of the family and never get to have an normal childhood.

I find it sad that this is what our society has come to. So many people look up to celebrities as their "heroes" when our heroes should be found within our own families, schools, churches, etc. etc. These are where the true heroes are found - not those superficial characters whose fame is fleeting and who offer nothing of real substance to our young people's lives.

Miley Cyrus is possible just one bong away from ending up like many of those who have gone before her, and she will never be able to go back and recapture the childhood that she has lost all in the name of fame. I think that that is a big price to pay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast