+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Re: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4137161;
    I think everything has to do with the parents of child stars. If they even allow their child to become a star (which I'm against), they can put the brakes on how much exposure their child has. I think the problem happens because the parents get caught up on the celebrity bus and it's all downhill from there. How can anyone expect anything different from their children who are given everything, treated like royalty, etc etc. Of course, they're going to act out. It'd be a miracle if they didn't. I think it's amusing (in a very sad way)how so many of these parents become "celebs" themselves, like the Lohans, Cyruses, Spears, etc.
    Miley is thumbing her nose at her parents and all the adults who have been in charge of her life so far, for taking away her childhood and any chance at a normal life. I'd choose a normal life anyday to the perks of celebrity-hood but I'm odd that way.
    I agree that Miley is "thumbing her nose" at her parents and most likely her "handlers" right now, but I also see her thumbing her nose at her Hannah Montana fans as well.

She is always so defensive when called out on her bad behavior that is in direct contrast to her squeaky clean Hannah Montana image. She is unapologetic and instead makes it appear that "those fans" have no right to voice their opinions. In fact, Miley can be downright rude when dealing with her fans.

I did not know that Walmart pulled their Hannah Montana merchandise from their shelves. But that is interesting.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Walmart did not pull the HM gear off its shelves because it wanted to express disapproval of her behavior.

These products have a history of problems with toxicity going back to 2007:

Will Wal-Mart-sold Hannah Montana brand lead paint poison your children? - BloggingStocks (December 2007)

Wal-Mart pulls toxic Miley Cyrus trinkets - Health - Kids and parenting - msnbc.com (may 2010)

More lead found in children's products | California Watch (November 2010)
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I haven't been to a WalMart store in a while, but out of curiosity I checked online and found just about everything Hannah Montana (CD's, books, blankets, toothpaste, etc.) and Miley (her clothing line) are listed as "not sold in stores". I wouldn't have figured the stores would do that; it was surprising to me. I wonder if it's out of disapproval, or some other reason.

As for Miley trying to get away from the image built for little girl fans, and develop into a mature artist - I think her last concert tour (with her brother's band opening) was clearly targeting an older audience, and - as silly as this sounds - isn't her Hannah Montana character playing out a similar conflict of mature music v. young fans (minus the scandals, of course ) on that series? I think for a while now Miley has been showing in a lot of different ways that she doesn't want to be that role model to kids anymore. And I agree that this latest behavior is a "thumbing her nose" kind of thing from a girl who's grown up too quickly with so much fame at a young age. The comment upthread about her not having the maturity to realize the damage she's doing - so true.
    remember to play

I am beginning to think that Disney need to write a better "behavior" clause into all of their contracts. It has worked for the Harry Potter principals.
    I cringe every time my child wants to watch the Parent Trap ala L'Lohan.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;4164071;
    I am beginning to think that Disney need to write a better "behavior" clause into all of their contracts. It has worked for the Harry Potter principals.
    I cringe every time my child wants to watch the Parent Trap ala L'Lohan.
    Miley Cyrus and Lindsey Lohan are no longer under contract to Disney so if they want to basically piss away their fan base that is their business. It is too bad and so sad to see these girls think that they need to show they are grown up by having public drunken or drugged displays and having sex with anything and then twittering about it or having their "friends" save it on their cameras and then upload it to You Tube.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Tattle: Let's give Miley Cyrus a hand - Philly.com

Tattle: Let's give Miley Cyrus a hand
    January 28, 2011|By Howard Gensler

LET'S HAVE a hearty Tattle round of applause for Miley Cyrus, who has been voted the worst celebrity influence of 2010.

Amazingly, the dis-honor wasn't voted by angry parents whose tween daughters wanted stripper poles for Christmas, but by the followers of AOL's JSYK.com (Just So You Know) - a website targeting 9- to 15-year-olds.

Miley, 18, who successfully defended her crown from 2009, tallied 58 percent of the 99,000 votes.

BANGShowbiz.com says Miley "beat off" competition from rehabbers Demi Lovato and Lindsay Lohan; "Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood; Kanye West, who behaved like Kanye West; and "Gossip Girl" star Chace Crawford ,who was arrested for possession of marijuana.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Miley Cyrus’ Bong Video Causes ‘LOL’ Crisis

Bwahahahahahahaha...

Editors for Miley Cyrus‘ upcoming film LOL aren’t in a laughing mood right now—and the former Hannah Montana star’s dalliance with salvia is to blame for their dour mood.

An insider for the film reveals to Us Magazine that technicians are scrambling to alter the film—which contains a scene in which Cyrus’ character, Lola, smokes marijuana with a guy pal—so that viewers aren’t reminded of the scandalous video that leaked late last year, featuring Miley smoking the legal hallucinogen salvia from a bong.

According to the source, LOL‘s pot scene “can’t be reshot,” forcing editors to employ “tricky editing and effects magic…they are erasing all traces of her inhaling or being in the same shot with the actor.”

The drastic chop job has forced editors to excise Cyrus’ “entire arm” from the scene, the insider notes.

Extraordinary measures? Maybe. But the source notes that the movie’s execs are intent on not conjuring Cyrus’ salvia video in any way:

“The studio doesn’t want to take any chances having the controversy affect the film.”

But while everybody else has been working overtime to snip any reminders of Cyrus’ real-life brush with the bong, the source notes that the 18-year-old actress was unfazed by the media hubbub while filming the movie:

“Miley didn’t seem to care.”

Judging from the public reaction to the bong video, Miley might be the only one to boast such nonchalance over the matter.

Miley continues her quest to dirty herself up.

Another tattoo...

Hook up with one of Amy Winehouse's exes. Meaning that guy better be using a triple-reinforced condom.

Also, Jeremy Piven grosses me out by discussing his friendship with Miles-to-go.

I don't get how anyone is surprised that child stars that become hugely famous, crash and burn before long. They lead a very unnatural life while other kids are learning how to cope with the real world by just going to school and playing with their friends. There was nothing normal about Miley's childhood and she can thank her lousy parents for that.

A nightmarish battle of two media geniuses...

Grammy Awards Red Carpet: Snooki And Miley Cyrus Become Instant BFFs

You may now projectile vomit. Aim low, so as not to mess your monitor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast