+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Re: Miley Cyrus: Party(ing) in the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4126388;
    Sorry, but I cringed at this statement. I DO find it shocking that Miley Cyrus is shown taking a hit off of a bong, but maybe I am just too old to understand how that is no big deal.
    I personally wouldn't give a rat's ass if she was smoking pot, but I give even less of a rat's ass considering that what she was smoking (salvia) is perfectly legal and really shouldn't be the cause of a massive national knicker-twisting.

Not that I'm a fan of the tacky little tart or anything.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I agree that sometimes the partying is a stage they go through. I went through it and my son, after he graduated last year went through it. His little stage lasted quite awhile and he's just now coming out of it. I had to use tough love and told him he had by a certain date to clean up his act or he was going to find himself homeless. He's at a job interview right now as we speak. Difference is...he has a set of parents who actually pays attention and tries to steer him in the right direction. I feel that a lot of these kids in the business do not have that. Their parents are only concerned with the revenue they bring in. Lindsey Lohans parents come to mind. Her parents are quick to send her messages via the media, but neither one of them actually grabbed her up by her shirt collar and said "Listen, missy. This is how things are going to go from here on out". And I think that's the problem with a lot of kids these days....the parents want to be their friend instead of their parents. Not me. I figure once I get them on their adult path and they find their footing, THEN we can be friends. Until then, I still have the job of parenting.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

Yes, Linsday got way out of control, but, do you really think either parent could have stepped in with the legal system ready to punish one of them for the slightest offense? I can be pretty sure in the fact that if one of the parents had taken Linsday's collar and told her that she had to sit up and fly right there would have been one if not more court hearings. Accusations of abuse would have flown wild and free. Yeah, both parents really messed their kids up in the Lohans case, but the legal system being misused didnt help either.

She's desperately trying to shed the "Disney Darling" image, and I think she's made some major mistakes along the way. I understand the idea of wanting to grow out of it, but she needs to be smart about what choices she makes.

She's had a stable childhood, so my hope for her is that she learns from these mistakes and gets on with her career without following in the footsteps of Lohan, etc.

Personally I wish that she would just fade away. It makes no sense to me that these "Disney stars" or "Nick stars" are making all of this money when they have little to no talent. The idea that they are something special goes to their heads and this is what happens. To bad Billy Ray was more intent on jump starting his failed career that he sold his daughter out to be on tv again. I really wish that these kids would not get a contract unless they could actually sing live without the use of autotune or whatever they now use. Miley is no exception. She doesn't have the talent to back up what she is making. It's a shame that the parents can't seem to be parents anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;4127339;
    Personally I wish that she would just fade away. It makes no sense to me that these "Disney stars" or "Nick stars" are making all of this money when they have little to no talent.
    The only two Disney kids that I like (and think have actual talent) is Selena Gomez and Miranda Cosgrove. You never hear anything negative about those two and they are both very active in charity work. But I also get the feeling that their parents are very much involved in their careers. Same with Taylor Swift, although she isn't a Disney kid.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

A lot of people go through a young, dumb age, but she also has chosen to be in a position of role model. She has to have people working with her that talk to her about her choices. I think that it is idiotic to act like this for what attention, doesn't she get enough already? I wish that when these youngsters that have the fame act like this that people would quit talking about them, and move onto someone who knows what they have chosen and makes better choices.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Miley certainly isn't the first . . . . and that's what gets me.

Too many are willing to take the attitude that this is what HAS to happen to someone who finds stardom at a young age.

How did we become a nation of people who aren't shocked when the same thing happens repeatedly, under nearly identical circumstances?

If there was a long line of young people who were putting bombs in mail boxes and then climbing up on top to wait for the explosion, how long would it take for someone to say "Hey, maybe this isn't a good idea"?

If she really wanted to be the role model she portrayed herself to be, she'd have set an example and been a leader instead of a follower.

Call me jaded, but I see her as just another rich kid who was pimped by has-been parents.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4126113;
    How can anyone at the age of approx. 12 and have mobs of people adoring your every move and your life is an open book with parents encouraging this not end up badly? This is just not normal for young people and it is difficult for adults to handle much less kids......

The only media person who I feel who has escaped this fate is the actress Dakota Fleming...who so far has parents who have kept her grounded and not full of herself.....
    I would include Jodie Foster, Marie Osmond who seemed to escape the media trap. Drew Barrymore had some bad moments as a very young drunk but has seemed to turn her life around and produces some interesting films. I also think the Olsen Twins did well with the exception of a couple of bouts of anorexia.

Ah, there is Alyssa Milano from Who's the Boss and Solier Moon Frye from Punky Brewster, Natalie Portman and Anna Paquin.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4130740;
    I would include Jodie Foster, Marie Osmond who seemed to escape the media trap. Drew Barrymore had some bad moments as a very young drunk but has seemed to turn her life around and produces some interesting films. I also think the Olsen Twins did well with the exception of a couple of bouts of anorexia.

Ah, there is Alyssa Milano from Who's the Boss and Solier Moon Frye from Punky Brewster, Natalie Portman and Anna Paquin.
    Milano and Frye both did the young 20-something no longer easily employable nudie/exploitation film career track though. And really neither was famous enough to BE in that position Cyrus, Spears, Hilton, etc. have been in, where they're on top of the world, with the arrogance to match. Portman and Paquin... maybe. Maybe they were famous enough, but both were also serious actors from way back, so their mindset was always a bit elevated.

The Olsens did okay, I guess. The Anorexic one suffered from a disease, not a lifestyle choice, so that's different. And I'd argue that Drew Barrymore almost fits that too. Sure, Miley, Paris, Britney, etc. are all drug takers and drunks, but Drew was a bonifide addict, as compared to those others--who are more nitwits and egotists, who just happen to be substance abusers on top of that. Whereas underneath it, Drew was a nice girl, I think (although admittedly she has the commonality with most of these other girls of having a nightmarish selfish pig of a parent).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast