+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

FORT Newbie

Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Just who does he think he is??? He is a 2 bit actor for godsakes, not a rocket scientist. He's not researching a cure for cancer or famous for any major humanitarian efforts. He is famous for cheating on his wife of 28 years who bore him 7 children, verbally abusing (sexually) a female officer, hurling racial slurs at African Americans and Latinos and being a Holocaust denier (just as his father is) He is as close to Nazi as you can get. Where does he get off treating women, Jews, Latinos and African Americans like they are slaves????
    I am under no illusions that his current girlfriend is just using him for money
    (cuz he ain't got anything else going for him), but the fact that she was smart enough to tape him verbally and physically abusing her (hit her several times in the face and knocked out several teeth WHILE she was holding their child)) makes me hope that we wake up and stop treating these morons as the second coming.
    Some of the stupidest people alive are actors; it requires absolutely no education and most actors are loaded down with emotional baggage and a need to be "adored" and the center of all attention.
    I am so ready to kick this pathetic excuse for a human being to the curb and never hear his name uttered in Hollywood again.

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Horsnhound01;3972567;
    Just who does he think he is??? He is a 2 bit actor for godsakes, not a rocket scientist. He's not researching a cure for cancer or famous for any major humanitarian efforts. He is famous for cheating on his wife of 28 years who bore him 7 children, verbally abusing (sexually) a female officer, hurling racial slurs at African Americans and Latinos and being a Holocaust denier (just as his father is) He is as close to Nazi as you can get. Where does he get off treating women, Jews, Latinos and African Americans like they are slaves????
    I am under no illusions that his current girlfriend is just using him for money
    (cuz he ain't got anything else going for him), but the fact that she was smart enough to tape him verbally and physically abusing her (hit her several times in the face and knocked out several teeth WHILE she was holding their child)) makes me hope that we wake up and stop treating these morons as the second coming.
    Some of the stupidest people alive are actors; it requires absolutely no education and most actors are loaded down with emotional baggage and a need to be "adored" and the center of all attention.
    I am so ready to kick this pathetic excuse for a human being to the curb and never hear his name uttered in Hollywood again.
    Yipes!!! Angry much? Remind me never to tick you off. (No offense......really)
    I agree with a lot of what you say. I also have no pity for philandering men, famous or not, & adding abusiveness to the mix makes them even more dislikeable, if that's possible. I wish they'd all get the public embarassment that Mel is getting.
    However, I wonder exactly what the girlfriend did to set off such a hateful diatribe. I agree that the girlfriend is using him for fame & as a meal ticket. Getting pregnant was probable all part of the plan. She's an opportunist at best.
    The fact that she happened to record him was no coincidence. I'll bet it was a setup. I think she deliberately knew what buttons to push to set him off.
    I believe the man has alcoholism & anger managemet issues as well as marital fidelity issues, but as for the violence situation, I have a feeling that a lot of that is either exagerated or fabricated.
    I have no love or admiration for Mel, but I'd hate to have my every move, as well as everything I say while angry, made public & scrutinized.
    He's got boatloads of money as is. He'd be smart to just step out of the hollywood/movie life for a long while until he's at least attempted to cleaned up his act.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

However, I wonder exactly what the girlfriend did to set off such a hateful diatribe.
    What did she do to set it off? How about Mel is just a loud mouth racist sexist piece of garbage and is capable of going off all by his lonesome because he has serious issues? What did the cop do that set him off when he started his tirade against Jews? Obviously Mel has problems and doesn't need to be provoked to be an ass***e
    Last edited by fluff; 07-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Kao

I'm really tired of victim-blaming. Granted, anyone should know that a guy that would leave his wife and 8 kids for you is a bad job, but it doesn't mean that you deserve abuse. I don't care if she IS a gold digger.

I knew he was a creep ever since that cop stopped him, but good Lord, he really topped himself with his latest tirade. Reading the transcript was bad enough. Listening to the tape makes you realize just what a vile human being he is. Here's a key moment:

On tape, a teary Oksana is heard asking Mel, “What kind of a man is that who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face?

“What kind of a man is that?” the Russian musician repeats.

The Braveheart star responds: “You know what — you f**cking deserved it.”
    Other shining moments are when he tells her "Stay in the f*****g house! I'm not giving it to you, but I'll let you stay there" and threatening to bury her in the rose garden.

The reason why she probably taped it is because victims of domestic violence ARE NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY. They are either told that they "did something to set that man off" or some other okie-doke. And the further up the socio-economic scale the abuser is, the more likely it is that she won't be taken seriously. When this was first released, most of the comments were "Yeah, right, this golddigger is lying because she wants his cash. Where's the proof?" So the tapes were released and people are still tripping over themselves to justify his behaviour. I don't think he's mentally ill; I just think he's a vile human being who hates anyone who is not like himself. Thank goodness she taped it, because otherwise NO ONE would probably believe her. Word around the campfire is that pics of her mauled face (and dental records proving that her two front teeth were knocked out) are going to drop soon as well. Unfortunately, people will continue to support him because they either harbour the same thoughts about women and minorities that he does, or they'll excuse it by saying that he was drunk at the time/she's trying to get that cash.

*shakes head*

FORT Fanatic

My dad always told me, If you sleep with a snake you wake up with a snake in your house. In my humble opinion these two both crawled in bed with a snake. Mel is the worst of the two by far, but she is no prize either.

I wish people in America would realize that actors are just todays court jesters and as such should not be speaking on how to run the country or world. Jest jesters jest! So many people today dont seem to understand that the only thing it takes to be an actor is the ability to read the words that someone else wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3972722;
    What did she do to set it off? How about Mel is just a loud mouth racist sexist piece of garbage and is capable of going off all by his lonesome because he has serious issues? What did the cop do that set him off when he started his tirade against Jews? Obviously Mel has problems and doesn't need to be provoked to be an ass***e.

Well said, Unklescott. Thank you.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-10-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3972722;
    What did she do to set it off? How about Mel is just a loud mouth racist sexist piece of garbage and is capable of going off all by his lonesome because he has serious issues? What did the cop do that set him off when he started his tirade against Jews? Obviously Mel has problems and doesn't need to be provoked to be an ass***e

Absolutely! After that first tirade, I swore off watching any more of his movies. That's how I can get my point across to him -- he won't make any more $$ from me! Really sucks that Gibson is such a p.o.s. because Braveheart was one of my most favorite movies but it's just not the same to me anymore. I wish this guy would slither back in the hole he came from.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Does he get any money if I buy "Pocahontas?" I really like this movie but I am totally opposed to Mel Gibson.

I have not watched a Mel Gibson film since I realized he was an anti-Semite after the release of that Passion movie. Then, after his first rant, I wasn't surprised to learn that he is hates everyone different from himself with equal venom. I've disposed of every DVD of his that I owned. He'll get no more dollars from our house.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

MRD

I used to like Tom Cruise too and what he did wasn't nearly as bad as what Mel did. And Tom's box office is still suffering. Look's like Mel's will now too. Good. He deserves it. I can't believe he is such a jerk. I won't watch any of his movies again.

As for all actors being dumb, I'm sure that is the case for many, but I've heard Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Tom Hanks and Aston Kutcher speak
    rather intelligently on a wide variety of subjects and was actually amazed at Kutcher's, Affleck's and Damon's grasp of current events and politics as I too always had the pre-conceived notion that they were all morons. When in fact, that isn't the case at all. Just because they read someone else's lines in movies, doesn't mean they are empty air heads. So I reserve my judgement on actors now until I see what they are like off screen. Mel, I can safely say is a complete asshat off screen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast