+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Kao

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Thanks for clearing that up, chrisg!

I hope that he does not get a pass on this and eventually these tapes are admissable in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsnhound01;3974852;
    . many must make the choice to sacrifice their morals and values in order to survive in that town. Mel was fortunate, he never had any to begin with.
    Touché!

I am curious about your first statement. Say it ain't so! What happens to people who do want to take a higher road? How has the moral compass in Hollywood gone so askew?
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Radar on line's spokeperson indicated that a third party gave them the tapes. Whoever the third party is, they are very clever. By releasing one part of the tape for 5 consecutive days results in MG's name being in the news much more often. And thus the impact of the tapes winds up being far more profound. Some believe the third party just may have had a wee grudge against MG. And that would come as no surprise. He has a new movie coming out and that my just break him at the box office.
    Something to consider: Years ago I had some female friends go to Australia for the summer and they came back with the same impression-the men there were unbelievably chauvinistic. Almost a throwback in time in terms of how they treated their spouses and girlfriends. So MG seems to be representative of his environment. Someone on the board mentioned his father was the same way, so the nut did not fall too far from the tree...
    The thing I don't understand is why she did not go to the police with the tape of him threatening to 'bury her in the rose garden...' which,by the way,eerily paralled an episode of The Good Wife.

I did not know what to make of his statement: "I have done nothing but be nice to you." Did that strike anyone else as odd?
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

According to Wikipedia: "Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson, AO (born January 3, 1956) is an American actor, film director, producer and screenwriter. Born in Peekskill, New York, Gibson moved with his parents to Sydney when he was 12 years old and later studied acting at the Australian National Institute of Dramatic Art."

I just listened this morning to those 5 tapes. No matter how you parse his possible motivations or provcations, there is simply no justification for him. He's a monster.

Interestingly, the "OA" tiltle after his name stands for the Order of Austraia, a chivalry award.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I hope MG gets what is coming to him, but you know how the courts in CA favor celebs. I doubt much will come of it.

I can easily see why the girlfriend didn't act for a long time. Many abused women, some even educated, independent women, will tolerate abuse from a lover or husband for some crazy reason. They just keep hoping it will stop. They just hope if they do better, he won't get so mad anymore. It takes an abuse victim, multiple times before they finally break free.

Recently I have heard my own friends and family members make comments that the woman set him up or tricked him. That makes me CRAZY! So what? Nothing you could do could lprovoke that kind of behavior by a person. Why must people always blame the victim in abuse situations. I guess it's just ignorance.

I wasn't sure where to put this post. It doesn't really fit in those for movies.

Please check out this trailer for the movie he is in with Jodie Foster.

THE BEAVER - Official Movie Website

I'm hardly ever at a complete loss of words, but this one leaves me speechless. WHAT?

Jodie Foster - what were you thinking?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuyWing View Post
    Radar on line's spokeperson indicated that a third party gave them the tapes. Whoever the third party is, they are very clever. By releasing one part of the tape for 5 consecutive days results in MG's name being in the news much more often. And thus the impact of the tapes winds up being far more profound. Some believe the third party just may have had a wee grudge against MG. And that would come as no surprise. He has a new movie coming out and that my just break him at the box office.
    Something to consider: Years ago I had some female friends go to Australia for the summer and they came back with the same impression-the men there were unbelievably chauvinistic. Almost a throwback in time in terms of how they treated their spouses and girlfriends. So MG seems to be representative of his environment. Someone on the board mentioned his father was the same way, so the nut did not fall too far from the tree...
    The thing I don't understand is why she did not go to the police with the tape of him threatening to 'bury her in the rose garden...' which,by the way,eerily paralled an episode of The Good Wife.

I did not know what to make of his statement: "I have done nothing but be nice to you." Did that strike anyone else as odd?
    I have also heard that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

His father was a Nazi supporter and a proponent of the Holocaust never happened theory. Every Mel Gibson DVD I owned went into the trash years ago.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Jodie Foster - what were you thinking?
    Exactly! What is wrong with her? I have nothing against the woman and have always admired her work, but this is just bizarre! EVEN if none of the negative news had come out about MG, this movie would make me think both of them have taken leave of their senses. It boggles the mind.

I saw Jodie on Letterman last week, but missed any details about the movie, just the title. I would think she would be too humiliated to promote this movie. LOL Really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast