+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

If something seems to be too good to be true it generally is. Poor Oksana. Good for her people for releasing those tapes in a public forum, because that might have actually saved her life. Mel sounds completely gone in those tapes.
    Both of these people really irritate me. Him, for all the reaons stated here and elsewhere. Her, for the sole reason that she bears an eerily disturbing resemblance to the Octomom. It's jarring to me
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3981337;
    Both of these people really irritate me. Him, for all the reaons stated here and elsewhere. Her, for the sole reason that she bears an eerily disturbing resemblance to the Octomom. It's jarring to me
    She DOES remind me of Octomom.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I can't stand either of them either.

Him, for all the reasons stated, and her, for none of the reasons people are giving.

I just think she's completely stupid to have married him in the first place. It's not like no one knew what he was capable of. And, to have a child with the guy? More than stupid.

So, he's a raving lunatic and she's stupid beyond belief.

All of that said, I think the tapes should have been saved for court. It's a publicity stunt.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just wanted to add... It's not easy to "feel sorry" for someone who willingly made the decision to MARRY and have a child with someone who is a proven philanderer, has drunken rages, etc. etc...

No defense of Mel, and I hope no one reads it as such. I just refuse to feel sorry for her. There were red flags all over the guy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No Way should the tapes have not have been made public!! Abusive people need to be outed as soon as possible. They operate "under the cloak of darkness" and silence...to their nefarious advantage. If anything, she probably didn't "out" him soon enough.

And I didn't think she was married to him. When did that happen?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3981506;
    All of that said, I think the tapes should have been saved for court. It's a publicity stunt.
    I could be wrong, but her lawyers did present the tapes and the judge said that they could not be used.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3981621;
    No Way should the tapes have not have been made public!! Abusive people need to be outed as soon as possible. They operate "under the cloak of darkness" and silence...to their nefarious advantage. If anything, she probably didn't "out" him soon enough.

And I didn't think she was married to him. When did that happen?
    But of what use to US is it to have heard them? Sure, public to the courts, to the law, to anyone involved in this case... but for the rest of the world? I think it's unnecessary because it's about revenge, not justice.

I understood they were married. I could very well be wrong, I'm just hearing about all of this now, and never really paid them any mind until this point.
    I must say, I do feel really sorry for the baby and definitely feel the mother should get custody...

ETA: often, in cases of abuse, many people take extreme attitudes. We've seen all out attacks on Mel, (justified!), and people seeing no wrong with her. On the other hand, we've seen people actually saying that she brought it on herself, (ridiculous!), and people feeling sorry for Mel.

I just think that if a person has been victimized like she has, it doesn't mean she should be exempt from any kind of criticism at all. The attitude is, "you can't say ANYthing bad about her, because she's a victim!". That's not right. She's not exempt from criticism or public scrutiny, just as Mel isn't.

I said, "I refuse to feel sorry for her." That was a rash and bold statement and not entirely true. The image of anyone being physically abused is horrific and does elicit empathy. I feel sorry for her in that she had to suffer through that. However, I do not think the tapes need to be released to the general public for their interest, and I think her purposes for doing so may not be just in the interest of justice or safety. JMO, of course.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 07-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Whoever published them, I am pleased that they did. If anything should happen to her in the future, it can't be shoved under the rug. Who knows how many politicians, district attorneys, and/or police officials Gibson may have bribed or tried to bribe to get him out of this. It's happened more than once in Hollywood over the decades and I'd be quite suprised at all if he has not at least tried to pay his way out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3981730;

I understood they were married. I could very well be wrong, I'm just hearing about all of this now, and never really paid them any mind until this point.
    I must say, I do feel really sorry for the baby and definitely feel the mother should get custody...
    They weren't married. They signed some sort of cohabitation agreement, as I understand it, but had not married.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3981712;
    I could be wrong, but her lawyers did present the tapes and the judge said that they could not be used.
    And I could be wrong, but I didn't think that had been decided yet.

And, spockwhat, I just think that the more you expose an abuser to the widest possible audience, the less they can get away with and "justify". Honestly, I thinks just the viciousness and maliciousness of the conversations justifies exposing him. Like Florimel suggests, just his money...alone...can buy him a lot of cover-up and justification.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast