+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

I didn't find his rant that shocking either, probably because, sadly, he's had that awful reputation for a very long time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kao

Oh dear. Tape 3 was released this afternoon. At this point, I don't care if she was the goldiest gold digger who ever digged...this man is FOUL.

BP has wrecked us stayathomemom's Avatar

Agreed he is foul but in hollywood circles he does know wrong. Very sad!
    BP please stop this mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3979943;
    Oh dear. Tape 3 was released this afternoon. At this point, I don't care if she was the goldiest gold digger who ever digged...this man is FOUL.
    Well, it's a good thing then that she recorded a conversation of verbal and emotional abuse, an apparent admittance of physical abuse and what sounded like a death threat.

And if Mel Gibson attracts partners who are interested in gold digging - which is speculative - then he needs to be a better judge of character in the future. What is more relevant, however, is his character at this moment. Not everything in life is six of one, half a dozen of the other, but let's mostly blame the woman - or the societally disempowered person in a situation, if one's involved - and then call it a day.

And Gibson definitely can do wrong in Hollywood. He's been dropped by William Morris and he really hasn't done that much work other than his own projects since his last racist rant. He only was cast in Edge of Darkness, which I believe is his most recent movie, because Robert De Niro dropped out.

ETA: I didn't know there was a BBC version of that, Fluff. Another BBC remake over the past couple of years was State of Play with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton originally cast and then they both dropped out, too. They were replaced by Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck but it wouldn't surprise me if some actors take a really hard look at the scripts compared to what the BBC has done and just think what the BBC did was superior because the BBC rocks.
    Last edited by chrisg; 07-13-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I was upset when I found out Gibson was doing Edge of Darkness.
    I watch the BBC series back in the 80's with the wonderful Bob Peck.
    I knew that whoever got the role wouldn't do it justice, but when I found out it was Mel I wouldn't even watch it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I am not interested in Mel as an actor and really could careless about listening to him rant like a loon on tape. I guess he can kiss what's left of his career bye bye.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Mr Gibson,
    Please go straight to hell.
    Thank You

I don't understand why people keep accusing this woman of being a gold digger anyway. She has been a successful musician and model and she was married to Timothy Dalton and had a child with him. It sounds as if she was doing all right for herself, with critical acclaim for her songwriting, in particular. If that wasn't enough, I'm sure she was probably getting plenty of alimony from Timothy Dalton. I really don't understand why if a woman becomes involved with a successful man, suddenly she must be a gold digger. Maybe she was just struck by the same charisma and charm that Mel Gibson displays on film. In most of the legal moves she's made, she seems to be more concerned about custody than money. That doesn't seem like a gold digger to me. To me, that's just a sexist throwback to suggest that a woman is only interested in a man for his money. I think it insults our entire gender.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Kao

Stargazer: I've read a lot of comments in different places from people who assume that she is, and none of their reasoning behind their beliefs are nice (since they have to deal with her age, previous relationships, nationality, etc). These are usually the same people claiming that he was set up or that she deserved this sort of treatment. She even mentioned in the tape that she was making 100k a year--until she met him. Apparently, he alienated her from almost all of her friends and made sure that her projects, clothing, living situation, etc were fronted with "his money"...the better to control her. She probably thought she was living the dream...until it turned into a nightmare.

If something seems to be too good to be true it generally is. Poor Oksana. Good for her people for releasing those tapes in a public forum, because that might have actually saved her life. Mel sounds completely gone in those tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3980831;
    To me, that's just a sexist throwback to suggest that a woman is only interested in a man for his money. I think it insults our entire gender.
    Well said Star.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast