+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3976819;

After listening to it, I am absolutely speechless, and can completely understand why she was taping him. There's no other way to describe it--it's absolutely VILE and abusive, and the thought that anyone would have to put up with that is horrific.
    They were awful. I couldn't finish listening to them. I mean, he threatened to kill her with a baseball bat and bury her in the rose garden. She must have been completely terrorized by the man. He sounds totally out of control on the tapes. It makes me wonder what he did to her when he was standing right there with her. He probably beat her more than just the time he knocked her teeth out. As I said before, too, I can't imagine that this temper just appeared out of nowhere. I have to believe that he abused his first wife and children as well.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

OMG! I just listened to the 2nd recording, and I'm speechless. It was even worse than I could have ever imagined. He sounds like he's having a psychotic break, and all that heaving heavy breathing.

I'd be scared out of my mind too. I hope LA county throws the book at him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mel's behavior would make me consider a concealed carry permit.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

and to think I used to think he was so cute.... ugggg

If this is how Mel speaks to a woman he's been with for such a short time, I can only imagine what his ex-wife had to endure.

Years ago, when I lived in SoCal, I had a number of friends who worked in the business. It was the worst kept secret in Hollywood that Mel was a complete dog. The entertainment shows would do stories about how he and his wife went everywhere together and made it seem like they had this great, close marriage. In reality, she was with him all the time because he couldn't keep it in his pants. She was a human chastity belt because they are Catholic and that was a more palatable solution than divorce. Obviously, she got over her aversion to divorce.

I stopped being a fan of Mel a very long time ago. It seems like every movie he makes is ultra-violent and he justifies it with the old "the violence was necessary to tell the story" line. At a certain point, NO, that much violence isn't necessary. I understand how Christ was crucified - I don't actually need to see it.

Anyway, yeah, he's a dirtbag, it's nothing new and I could care less if he ever makes another movie again. He's already been dropped by his agency and I can't imagine many people will want to work with him after this latest episode. As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow. Just got back to "civilization" after being at the lake with no internet for two weeks. I am speechless at what a total dirtbag Mel Gibson is. And to think, I loved him in Braveheart and the Mad Max movies. Who knew he could be such a psycho? I am sure his wife had to put up with that and probably a lot more. She's probably just happy to be out of that marriage and hopefully she has enough money to live comfortably with her children and never has to see him again. Ugh.

I agree that he's a total sleazebag - he has been one for years.
    However, I do think this woman is pretty bad, as well.
    I am in no way, shape or form condoning abuse, but she hooked up with him and had the baby, etc. with the intention of getting mega bucks from him.
    She was not some naive schoolgirl. She knew full well what she signed up for and she very carefully orchestrated those phone calls to get him to admit to things so she'd have a record of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did she tell somebody this....or what?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't care if she incited, instigated, goaded, baited him, whatever you want to call it. I don't care if she is the worst gold-digger in history. He's the one who said those awful things, no one else.

Although I enjoyed a lot of Mel Gibson's movies I never warmed to him as a celebrity. His co-stars would always say how he loved to play practical jokes on them and that just seemed so immature to me. It's silly way to judge someone, I know.

The tape was awful to listen to, but for some reason I didn't find it shocking. Perhaps because so much has been written about it that hearing it only confirmed what had been written. Perhaps part of it is that he has a history of flying off the handle so he just doesn't provide any shock value anymore. It's sad. I did like some of his movies but like others have said I didn't really think much of him as a celebrity even before his first outburst. I have a feeling he will head off for a stint in rehab to try and save whatever is left of his career. It seems to be the celebrity quick fix of the day to do a little rehab after a fall.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast