+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Re: Mel Gibson is a waste of human flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3972794;
    they'll excuse it by saying that he was drunk at the time
    This is something that irritated me when he was pulled over by the cops and went off on the Jews. Everyone excused him because he was drunk. I'm sorry, but I have been slobbering drunk more than once in my life (but not for many years now ) and I have NEVER started ranting about Jews, blacks, Scottish, Catholics, or any other group of people. I've never seen anyone else do it when they got drunk, either. Unless that weird anger and intolerance is in you to begin with, its not going to come spewing out just because you're drunk. The alcohol didn't make him say anything. It just acted as a truth serum so he could say the things he believes anyway. The man is an incurable bigot and now we discover he's also an abuser. It wouldn't surprise me if his first wife and all his children were abused. I can't imagine that hitting a woman in the face while holding a child is such a big leap from hitting the child instead. I think he'd benefit from a nice long stay in jail for this mess. I'll never be able to see him the same way in a movie.

That being said, I listened to a few minutes of the tapes. I absolutely think she said something to get him ranting because her whole demeanor seems suspicious to me. Still, I don't even care. If that wasn't in him to begin with, she wouldn't be able to provoke it out of him. She'd obviously been a victim to his nasty side in the past and knew that no one would believe that a beloved actor would do such a thing. So what if she set him up to get some proof on her side? I say good for her that she's showing the world who he really is.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have always said if you say something while you are drunk it is probably something you are to cowardly to say sober. I never believed that drunk scenario. I never watch anything Mel Gibson makes so no big loss to me.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3974388;
    I used to like Tom Cruise too and what he did wasn't nearly as bad as what Mel did. And Tom's box office is still suffering. Look's like Mel's will now too. Good. He deserves it. I can't believe he is such a jerk. I won't watch any of his movies again.

As for all actors being dumb, I'm sure that is the case for many, but I've heard Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Tom Hanks and Aston Kutcher speak
    rather intelligently on a wide variety of subjects and was actually amazed at Kutcher's, Affleck's and Damon's grasp of current events and politics as I too always had the pre-conceived notion that they were all morons. When in fact, that isn't the case at all. Just because they read someone else's lines in movies, doesn't mean they are empty air heads. So I reserve my judgement on actors now until I see what they are like off screen. Mel, I can safely say is a complete asshat off screen.
    Never made the comment that all actors were dumb. My comment was some of the stupidest people around were actors. Key word being 'some'. There are quite a few very intelligent actors, but let's face facts, this is a profession that values box office appeal over brains. Or morals. Or values. And speaking as someone who was in 'The Business' years and years ago... many must make the choice to sacrifice their morals and values in order to survive in that town. Mel was fortunate, he never had any to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3972722;
    What did she do to set it off? How about Mel is just a loud mouth racist sexist piece of garbage and is capable of going off all by his lonesome because he has serious issues? What did the cop do that set him off when he started his tirade against Jews? Obviously Mel has problems and doesn't need to be provoked to be an ass***e
    Thank you, Unk
    No matter WHAT, physical violence is only acceptable to me if it's self defense, or defending your loved ones. And that would even include if she HAD intentionally 'pushed all his buttons' or otherwise "tried" to set him off.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I am a person who cares about is an actor is an a$$hole or not. For example, I don't watch Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt.

It doesn't take much to set Mel off at all. I recall seeing a bit of video wherein he was a guest at some University after the film Apocalypto came out. One woman in the audience was not happy about the portrayal of the indigenous people, and he completely went off on her and told her to make her own effing movie, or words to that effect.

He cannot take criticism at all, especially from those he deems beneath him, especially women. He is a homophobic, racist, misogynistict jack arse.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

What a miserable excuse for a human being. Utterly despicable. The good news is L.A. takes domestic violence very seriously, so hopefully this scumbag will do time. Vile, hateful, racist prick. I feel very, very bad for his children. He is nothing but a pile of rotten, maggot-riddled trash. I hope they throw the book at him. The William Morris agency dropped him, and, hopefully, the entire Hollywood community will follow suit. That's all I care to say about this pathetic piece of s**t, but I really wanted to say it.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Kao

The second tape was released this morning.

After listening to it, I am absolutely speechless, and can completely understand why she was taping him. There's no other way to describe it--it's absolutely VILE and abusive, and the thought that anyone would have to put up with that is horrific.

The comments at the source pretty much made me give up on humanity. Loads of people saying he was set up, doesn't deserve this, is a good Christian man, etc. How on earth could ANYONE justify this?
    Last edited by Kao; 07-12-2010 at 04:17 PM.

She very well may have provoked him in order to get evidence on tape, but she didn't take control of his mind and vocal cords and force him to spew the garbage that came out of his mouth. That was all Mel.

BTW, my son's ex is a great one for trying to provoke a fight with my son. I don't know if she's smart enough to try to tape him or not, but when she does this, he always tells her that if all she wants to do is fight, then he's hanging up. And he does it. Any provoking texts are unanswered. (but saved) It's called self control, something Mel Gibson is sorely lacking.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kao

It doesn't sound like she provoked him; she's pretty calm in the second tape (except when she's talking about her daughter's safety). From what I got from the conversation, he called earlier and was abusive so she hung up on him. That was enough to set him off.

I don't believe in the "he was drunk" excuse either. All booze does is make you take of your mask and forget the sort of person that you're pretending to be. In Mel's case, he's an abusive, racist, anti-semetic prick who pretends to be a nice person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast