+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bret Michaels suffers HUGE brain bleed. Critical Condition

Re: Bret Michaels suffers HUGE brain bleed. Critical Condition

Wow. Thanks for sharing that Bonbonlover. Good thoughts going out his way for recovery. I think he's going to have to listen to the doctors and do what they say whether he likes it or not.

Although I hoped not, I kind of expected we'd be hearing something like this latest setback. I doubted and still doubt we have been told all the information about his condition. Nor should we expect to as the details of a celebrity's struggle with health issues or marriage issues is really no one's business. I will simply wish him well and hope for his recovery.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3909474;
    Although I hoped not, I kind of expected we'd be hearing something like this latest setback. I doubted and still doubt we have been told all the information about his condition. Nor should we expect to as the details of a celebrity's struggle with health issues or marriage issues is really no one's business. I will simply wish him well and hope for his recovery.
    Me too, Florimel. When he told Oprah that he still had problems moving his lower body and he still has headaches was pretty upsetting. How on earth does anyone think he is ready to tour? I hope to God someone gives him a "come to Jesus" talk and gets him to take a few months off.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3909501;
    Me too, Florimel. When he told Oprah that he still had problems moving his lower body and he still has headaches was pretty upsetting. How on earth does anyone think he is ready to tour? I hope to God someone gives him a "come to Jesus" talk and gets him to take a few months off.
    I totally agree, Crit. Hopefully this is the "come to Jesus" moment he needs. There is no way he can tour right now.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I wonder if the hole in his heart caused the first stroke or if it's entirely separate. I know a teenager with a PFO who had a stroke because a clot passed through the hole and lodged in a vessel in her brain. But I don't know if a PFO would account for hemorragic, which was the bleeding stroke he had earlier. Poor guy. After watching Celebrity Apprentice I really started to like him. He's a decent man and he deserves a long and healthy life.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

The report I read indicated that the two events weren't related. It's a pretty horrible set of circumstances for him, health-wise. I really hope he's pulls through this successfully, but I worry that he won't be able to just take care of himself.

That little bit on Oprah where his older daughter talked about him not seeing her graduate or being around to walk her down the aisle was so heartbreaking. He should have to watch that 10 times a day to remind himself of why he needs to take it easy for a while.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

To the Point

I too thought he was pushing too hard, too fast! What a tough time for he and his family. There has to be a great deal of fear of the unknown in this situation. Prayers for the whole family.

FORT Fogey

We also have to remember he had an emergency appendectomy. This guy is getting signals sent to him for some reason. He needs to listen to his body, and perhaps retire at least for awhile. I fear if he does not, one of these signs is going to be too late.

Hoipefully he'll bounce back soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345