+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

Re: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3927913;
    Friendship, humor, shock value, publicity, impulse...who knows. Maybe she's not straight, or had Katy Perry's song playing on repeat while she slept the night before.

I didn't see it but those are my guesses.
    I read that it was planned in advance and that it was Sandra's idea. I guess you're right. It could be many reasons. I just recall Brittany and Madonna doing it and Miley simulated kissing a girl in a British video last week. I just wondered if there was something I was missing.

One thing about the lip-lock, it's got people talking about something other than "poor Sandra." Maybe that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3927583;
    It was great to see her out and appearing happy. She tells the public she is ready to get back to normal. That's good. Still it must be painful to be raising her baby alone and not with the man she planned to do it with. We know she is better off.

I do like Sandra, but can someone tell me what was behind the kiss with Scarlet Johannson? I'm a liberal person and have lesbian friends, but I don't understand why straight women like to kiss each other on tv. I don't consider it bad, wrong or anything like that, I'm just curious as to why a straight woman would want to do it. Any ideas?

Why - Buzz. PR. Get people talking.
    And it appears it succeeded.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Actually, rumors of bisexuality going way back, with Sandra. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." She also mentioned "all sorts of sexuality" in her Oscar speech and now the kiss. I think she's easing up to 'coming out.' Maybe she wanted to do that on her own terms in her own way rather than 'being outed.' She might've even planned to but knew this other stuff would be hitting the tabloid headlines and it would've been a big muddle.

Even if she did adopt the baby partly for publicity, I don't fault her for that - it's all part of the makeup it takes to become successful. She had the same acting teacher I did, and out of all the classes he taught, so few became working actors let alone a 'name' it's like less chance than winning Lotto. It takes more than talent it takes super ambition, drive, and marketing and kudos to her. I don't see her as America's blushing sweetheart, but I do give her props for making it on her own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3928632;
    Actually, rumors of bisexuality going way back, with Sandra. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." She also mentioned "all sorts of sexuality" in her Oscar speech and now the kiss. I think she's easing up to 'coming out.' Maybe she wanted to do that on her own terms in her own way rather than 'being outed.' She might've even planned to but knew this other stuff would be hitting the tabloid headlines and it would've been a big muddle.

Even if she did adopt the baby partly for publicity, I don't fault her for that - it's all part of the makeup it takes to become successful. She had the same acting teacher I did, and out of all the classes he taught, so few became working actors let alone a 'name' it's like less chance than winning Lotto. It takes more than talent it takes super ambition, drive, and marketing and kudos to her. I don't see her as America's blushing sweetheart, but I do give her props for making it on her own terms.
    You might be right. Did you attend ECU? I'm not sure which classes you attended with Sandra. She was at ECU the same time I was there back in the olden days 1986. LOL I wasn't in any of her classes though.

Anyway, I just remembered, she also kissed Meryle Streep at some award show. Remember that? Not that there's anything wrong with it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Jesse was seen making out with Kat Von D at a tattoo exhibition in Las Vegas. Any modicum respect I still held for him just flew out the window.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4040818;
    Jesse was seen making out with Kat Von D at a tattoo exhibition in Las Vegas. Any modicum respect I still held for him just flew out the window.
    Oh, yuck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3927583;
    I do like Sandra, but can someone tell me what was behind the kiss with Scarlet Johannson? I'm a liberal person and have lesbian friends, but I don't understand why straight women like to kiss each other on tv. I don't consider it bad, wrong or anything like that, I'm just curious as to why a straight woman would want to do it. Any ideas?
    I didn't see the kiss. Was it brief? In many old world cultures, kissing on the mouth is the norm (no matter whom you are kissing), and no one thinks anything of it.

Kissing In Different Cultures - The Kissing Site
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-18-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4041427;
    I didn't see the kiss. Was it brief? In many old world cultures, kissing on the mouth is the norm (no matter whom you are kissing), and no one thinks anything of it.

Kissing In Different Cultures - The Kissing Site
    I just looked it up online. In the context of the MTV awards show, it's obvious that the kiss was a joke. It was brief, non-sexual, and not a big deal.

I'm a prude. If it didn't offend me, it ought not offend anyone. Just my opinion.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I'm curious about why people have negative feelings about Kat Von D. I've always liked her. In spite of the fact that they both have lots of tattoos, she's nothing like Michelle McGee. Kat was on George Lopez's show last night and she was perfectly lovely and sweet. Same with her appearances on Letterman. Plus, she's an incredibly talented tattoo artist. I've never seen anyone do portraits as good as hers. Jesse could do (and has done) much worse. It seems to me that Sandra wasn't his type at all. Kat seems like a better fit for him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread