+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

Re: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3924382;
    I didn't see (but heard of) Monster Garage. In the very little that I knew about him, he seemed like an interesting person to know (in a positive way). Sandra's marrying him confirmed that hunch (yes! I was right about him!). Oops, nope.

Hate to be repetitive, but I was hoping that Jesse would break down societal walls about people who are not conservative. IMO, tattoos are body art (and can be spiritual). No, I don't have any (yet). And I don't even know what Jesse's tattoos are.
    I just shake my head with Jesse's behavior. I have a bunch of tattoos. It is a lifestyle choice that I have made and I don't expect that everyone is going to like them or accept them. But I DON'T want to ever be associated with Jesse based on the fact that we both have body art. Even back in his Monster Garage and early discovery channel days I shook my head. Yeah I have my issues but I'm not as destructive as he is and he doesn't begin to represent the sub-culture of tattooed people and I never want him to be a the poster child for my sub-culture.

When he married Sandra my first thought was oh that girl has a hankering to do some fixing because that's a guy who is definitely broke. In one of his earlier shows he couldn't even manage his money well enough to keep his bike shop really afloat. He was SUPER irresponsible and his wife at the time was trying to hold it all together (business, family etc.) and he just pittered it away. Then he married Janine who he had a short but volatile relationship with. They both lacked some responsibility and when it got hard he bailed.

I don't know. I have seen Jesse as a very broken person working through some serious problems. Someone who makes awful decisions. And is kind of skating on the edge of disaster constantly. I had a friend like him too and I call him a wrecking ball because everything he comes into contact with he will destroy. Jesse's like that, except he's had some lucky breaks in life.

But dude I totally don't want him representing anyone not conservative because there are a lot of us who live every day doing very normal things that break that wall down.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3925456;
    I just shake my head with Jesse's behavior. I have a bunch of tattoos. It is a lifestyle choice that I have made and I don't expect that everyone is going to like them or accept them. But I DON'T want to ever be associated with Jesse based on the fact that we both have body art. Even back in his Monster Garage and early discovery channel days I shook my head. Yeah I have my issues but I'm not as destructive as he is and he doesn't begin to represent the sub-culture of tattooed people and I never want him to be a the poster child for my sub-culture.

When he married Sandra my first thought was oh that girl has a hankering to do some fixing because that's a guy who is definitely broke. In one of his earlier shows he couldn't even manage his money well enough to keep his bike shop really afloat. He was SUPER irresponsible and his wife at the time was trying to hold it all together (business, family etc.) and he just pittered it away. Then he married Janine who he had a short but volatile relationship with. They both lacked some responsibility and when it got hard he bailed.

I don't know. I have seen Jesse as a very broken person working through some serious problems. Someone who makes awful decisions. And is kind of skating on the edge of disaster constantly. I had a friend like him too and I call him a wrecking ball because everything he comes into contact with he will destroy. Jesse's like that, except he's had some lucky breaks in life.

But dude I totally don't want him representing anyone not conservative because there are a lot of us who live every day doing very normal things that break that wall down.
    I would really love it if everyone was accepting of and open-minded about everyone who is different than them. But the majority of people are apparently not that way. Somehow our society built these prejudices.

It's not how you look but how you are (duh?). It's not about how much money you make or what job you do (for a living).

I'm pretty sure there are others who feel this way.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Society didn't build prejudices people built them. People want to group people together. People see tattooed people and they see Jesse. I don't count on celebrities to break down the walls created by people. People know who I am. Not just what I wear. Or who I date or sleep with. But they know me and that is more powerful than all the misbehaving celebs in the world when it comes to affecting change.

Jesse is just another guy who happened to get a lucky break. That lucky break probably accelerated his destruction as he would have just been yet another bike building guy in California without that break (and there's many of them out there struggling like he was). He got fame and opportunity and it overwhelmed him and he collapsed. I think he had a much better chance at fixing who he was back before discovery channel ever discovered him back when he was struggling with his first marriage and children and his Joe Average job/bike shop. There was far less stuff to run to while he was running away from what he was running away from back then.

Well, yeah...but what is society if not people?

I agree that walls can be broken down at the local level, but since we're stuck with the media, it would be good for people in the media (or whom have access to the media) to break walls down, and doing that would send the message to more people. KWIM?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Really honestly after seeing all the "in" crowd people at my tattoo shop getting blasted down with silly little dolphins etc. I don't think there is a wall that needs to be broken down about tattooed people. Not to mention all the pop-culture shows about it. Many tattoo artists have appreciated this influx of people as they can take them for a ride. Tattoos and piercings has hit the mainstream event horizon. I hardly see the tattooed subculture needing any more push for acceptance.

And all that without Jesse's help. Even before the tattoo shows my shop was filling up with these people wanting tattoos so I can't even credit those TV shows. People just saw other people and thought it was cool and did it. More people did it and that's how change happens. Celebrities are typically riding the coat tails of a movement and if Jesse is representative of anything it's that biker, H-Beach, bro culture than anything. Those folks, by the way, just happened to be tattooed as a part of their own culture. Now he represented those groups to a T I think.

Back to Jesse since that is what this thread is actually about. Crushes and wishes aside.

I would guess he spent more time than not not faithful to Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3925853;
    Really honestly after seeing all the "in" crowd people at my tattoo shop getting blasted down with silly little dolphins etc. I don't think there is a wall that needs to be broken down about tattooed people. Not to mention all the pop-culture shows about it. Many tattoo artists have appreciated this influx of people as they can take them for a ride. Tattoos and piercings has hit the mainstream event horizon. I hardly see the tattooed subculture needing any more push for acceptance.

And all that without Jesse's help. Even before the tattoo shows my shop was filling up with these people wanting tattoos so I can't even credit those TV shows. People just saw other people and thought it was cool and did it. More people did it and that's how change happens. Celebrities are typically riding the coat tails of a movement and if Jesse is representative of anything it's that biker, H-Beach, bro culture than anything. Those folks, by the way, just happened to be tattooed as a part of their own culture. Now he represented those groups to a T I think.
    It's always been interesting to me that even years ago (and since), it was acceptable and fine for men in the military to get tattoos, but not OK for anyone else, especially women...ACK!
    Back to Jesse since that is what this thread is actually about. Crushes and wishes aside.

I would guess he spent more time than not not faithful to Sandra.
    Probably. People who want to do such things should only hook up with each other (assuming that Sandra was monogamous).

Apparently Sandra made what the media said was her first public appearance since her messy divorce announcement. Don't know what it was, though.

She accepted a life-time achievement award from MTV awards or something like that. There were 3 presenters... a guy (from a recent movie where she's his boss?), Betty White, and Scarlett Johanson. She addressed the first two and then asked Scarlett why she was there. Scarlett said she had hoped to see her win the best kiss category and then next thing you know S&S are in a full lip lock!!! Then Sandra got serious and said she wanted things to go back to normal and that she has no intention of quitting the business. She looked lovely in a short, black, sequined dress with a very low back. Betty White quipped that she needed to be careful not to put it on backwards. It's probably all up on youtube by now.
    Count your blessings!

Her first appearance was a surprise on at the Guy's Choice Awards or something like that a few days ago. She accepted an award for "Troops Choice." Then she did a planned appearance at the MTV Movie Awards last night. Of course, at both shows, she got lots of applause and support.

I think Jesse's supporters would probably fill a tool shed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3926171;
    Her first appearance was a surprise on at the Guy's Choice Awards or something like that a few days ago. She accepted an award for "Troops Choice." Then she did a planned appearance at the MTV Movie Awards last night. Of course, at both shows, she got lots of applause and support.

I think Jesse's supporters would probably fill a tool shed.
    It was great to see her out and appearing happy. She tells the public she is ready to get back to normal. That's good. Still it must be painful to be raising her baby alone and not with the man she planned to do it with. We know she is better off.

I do like Sandra, but can someone tell me what was behind the kiss with Scarlet Johannson? I'm a liberal person and have lesbian friends, but I don't understand why straight women like to kiss each other on tv. I don't consider it bad, wrong or anything like that, I'm just curious as to why a straight woman would want to do it. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3927583;
    I do like Sandra, but can someone tell me what was behind the kiss with Scarlet Johannson? I'm a liberal person and have lesbian friends, but I don't understand why straight women like to kiss each other on tv. I don't consider it bad, wrong or anything like that, I'm just curious as to why a straight woman would want to do it. Any ideas?
    Friendship, humor, shock value, publicity, impulse...who knows. Maybe she's not straight, or had Katy Perry's song playing on repeat while she slept the night before.

I didn't see it but those are my guesses.

+ Reply to Thread