+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

Re: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

I barely watched on CA but years ago I watched his Discovery channel specials and his monster garage show. I always said about him that he'd be fun to be friends. Fun to be friends with benefits with but he was not relationship material and that was really evident on those other shows. He obviously lacked responsibility and impulse control on those shows and you saw him demolishing his relationships with various people.

I didn't see (but heard of) Monster Garage. In the very little that I knew about him, he seemed like an interesting person to know (in a positive way). Sandra's marrying him confirmed that hunch (yes! I was right about him!). Oops, nope.

Hate to be repetitive, but I was hoping that Jesse would break down societal walls about people who are not conservative. IMO, tattoos are body art (and can be spiritual). No, I don't have any (yet). And I don't even know what Jesse's tattoos are.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3923538;
    Even celebrities can't make an adoption happen overnight when they need some positive publicity. The adoption of their child was in the works quite some time before the scandal hit. I absolutely believe they were both being legitimate in their intentions.
    I meant in general, for her career and to dovetail with the film release. She began the adoption about two years ago but I meant the Katrina tie-in and how similar it is to the plot of her recent film. No such thing as too much publicity for an actor.

Kao

I hope he continues to work on his issues, but the last thing Louis needs is a bigot for a father. Thank goodness Sandra decided to get out.

Strange thing is, he applied to adopt Louis with Sandra.

I wonder what the legalities are about taking his name off of the adoption papers. (shrug)
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3924605;
    I meant in general, for her career and to dovetail with the film release. She began the adoption about two years ago but I meant the Katrina tie-in and how similar it is to the plot of her recent film. No such thing as too much publicity for an actor.
    I'm not certain of the timing of things because I had absolutely no interest in the movie, but didn't the adoption remain completely out of the public eye until long after the movie's release, both in the theatre and on DVD? If so, there wouldn't seem to be much of a connection to the two events other than Sandra being inspired by the story.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3924651;
    If so, there wouldn't seem to be much of a connection to the two events other than Sandra being inspired by the story.
    That certainly seems possible that she was working on an inspiring script about adoption and decided to go for it. As far as she knew (presumably) she was in a solid relationship with a nice guy, so it would follow that she would think it would work out for them to adopt a child together.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3924651;
    I'm not certain of the timing of things because I had absolutely no interest in the movie, but didn't the adoption remain completely out of the public eye until long after the movie's release, both in the theatre and on DVD? If so, there wouldn't seem to be much of a connection to the two events other than Sandra being inspired by the story.
    Movies begin filming or pre production a long time before release, and the adoption had originally been planned for sooner - but then some of this is from gossip rags, so who knows. I don't even think it's condemnatory - I think she will be a good mom - just that publicity and an actor who succeeds are intertwined. Just wondered what others thought on it all. As for me, who knows...I think probably so at least subconsciously, if not suggested by a publicist. Even if so, I'm not saying she's Joan Crawford, though (whose adoptions definitely were for publicity at first.)

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Sandra needs to do anything so extreme as adoption for publicity.

I could be wrong (hey, there was that ONE time, but I was wrong).

+ Reply to Thread