+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

FORT Fogey

Re: Sandra Bullock and Jesse James

We have adopted three foster children, and trust me abuse is a hard thing to get over. Our one son was tied to his bed with tape, and allowed one meal a day for five years. He is a sweet caring person, but he still feels paranoid of people out to get him if they do not do what he wants. It is a lifelong process, and sometimes you make the right decision, and sometimes you do not. Jesse in this instance did not.

I just have to say though that Sandra and Jesse should have become coparents to Louis. If they started the process to be parents together, than Louis deserves the both of them. Whether or not they work out, that child deserves a father, and Jesse has never shown anything but good towards his children.

Regarding abuse, I grew up in an abusive household so I do allow a little slack for others who have as well. I personally won't wilfully cause harm and am mindful of how my upbringing could result in poor behaviour, but I am not everyone and I don't expect that everyone to be me. So yes, I understand how the desperation and insecurity that almost inevitably results from being poorly parented can lead to the sort of nihilistic lifestyle that Jesse has shown a predilection for.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3920022;
    . . . nihilistic lifestyle that Jesse has shown a predilection for.
    Okay, had to go to the dictionary . . . to confirm that I agree with you.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3920022;
    Regarding abuse, I grew up in an abusive household so I do allow a little slack for others who have as well. I personally won't wilfully cause harm and am mindful of how my upbringing could result in poor behaviour, but I am not everyone and I don't expect that everyone to be me. So yes, I understand how the desperation and insecurity that almost inevitably results from being poorly parented can lead to the sort of nihilistic lifestyle that Jesse has shown a predilection for.
    Which results in his being incredibly self destructive. You can't give someone like him a pass for causing others pain, but it does help, somewhat, to understand how this could've come about. Haven't we all been saying, "What an idiot! How could he do something like this and blow something so good?" I'll guess this is, at least partially, the explanation why.

Definitely part of why - I agree there. People don't really "get over" abuse. They just learn to cope with it as life goes on, (or not.)

I'll stick my neck out again - Does anyone think her adoption was a publicity ploy?

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3923250;
    I'll stick my neck out again - Does anyone think her adoption was a publicity ploy?
    I don't. They had adopted Louie right before the scandal hit. If it were for publicity, seems like they would have announced it before all the awards shows, but Sandra said they intentionally kept it quiet until all of that was over and life had settled down.

Plus, she doesn't seem the type to use children as a way of bringing attention to herself (coughKATEcough).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3923250;
    Definitely part of why - I agree there. People don't really "get over" abuse. They just learn to cope with it as life goes on, (or not.)

I don't. I've always admired Sandra and, honestly, been envious of her work ethic because she did a lot of the labour herself renovating a house awhile back. For some reason, that hard work and the fact that she has never been a famewhore (at least not noticeably so) lead me to believe that she has been honest in her adoption of Louis.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Even celebrities can't make an adoption happen overnight when they need some positive publicity. The adoption of their child was in the works quite some time before the scandal hit. I absolutely believe they were both being legitimate in their intentions.

The whole mess with Sandra and Jesse makes me really sad. It wasn't like they were in a marriage where they'd stopped loving each other or it wasn't working out. He says even now that he loves her. So it just seems like such a waste to find love and happiness and then throw it away. I hope he's able to work through his issues over the abuse before he gets involved in other relationships.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I don't know if I ever see Jesse working through his issues. I'm sure to a degree he regrets the failures of all his relationships and loved all of his wives as much as he knew how to. But he has lived that risk taking, bad boy lifestyle for so long at this point that I don't see him giving it up, especially now that he's demolished this relationship as well.

And I don't believe for a second that there weren't some issues behind closed doors throughout that relationship. And I think they both have their own separate issues to work on on their own.

I fell for his slow soft-spokenness, business/people savvy, and apparent intelligence (on CA, but it's obviously an editted if not scripted show), so it's not a very long stretch to imagine that women in his real life did so, too.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread