+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson death

Re: Conrad Murray convicted of manslaughter in MJ's death

Thank you, JavaJo, four your kind words.

We are all different, but that makes us all unique and cared for.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    A man died and another man was largely responsible for it. Do no harm, isn't that mantra in the medical field? He deserves everything he gets. And Michael may have been different but he was a human being with loved ones.
    What about all the other doctors that have treated Michael over the years? What about Michael himself? What about his family? Michael's death is an accumulation of lack of responsibility unfortunately only one person is actually being punished for it.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What about all the other doctors that have treated Michael over the years? What about Michael himself? What about his family? Michael's death is an accumulation of lack of responsibility unfortunately only one person is actually being punished for it.
    MJ's father is one of those who should be punished. That man is despicable!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson deat

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I also think when you try to buy a doctor to do things that are unethical and wrong, you get a doctor who is unethical, wrong and doesn't really care about you, he just wants a paycheck.
    Goes right back to the saying that you get what you pay for--if you're paying for someone who will break or bend the law to get you what you want, don't expect him/her to worry overly much about how it affects you, and don't expect that person to stand up for you if/when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    MJ's father is one of those who should be punished. That man is despicable!
    Him too.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson deat

I say he is lucky he can only get up to four years. There is nothing that can or will excuse a Dr. breaking his oath to do no harm. I put the blame squarely on the Dr. No one forced him to buy 4 gallons of meds that are to be used in a hospital only. He had nothing to save this man's life if something happened. He may not have been the only Dr. but he is the one who violated the standard of care for his patient. He is the one who after Michael died was worried about hiding his meds and not about the harm he did and the oath he violated.
    JavaJo and Fanny Mare like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I say he is lucky he can only get up to four years. There is nothing that can or will excuse a Dr. breaking his oath to do no harm. I put the blame squarely on the Dr. No one forced him to buy 4 gallons of meds that are to be used in a hospital only. He had nothing to save this man's life if something happened. He may not have been the only Dr. but he is the one who violated the standard of care for his patient. He is the one who after Michael died was worried about hiding his meds and not about the harm he did and the oath he violated.
    He should have said no, no matter the $$ amount. Someone else might have taken more care or if not, would be facing jail time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I understand the sentiment and I agree there were many wrongs over a long period of time. However, I want to be very careful here - sort of like when my mom used to say to me "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" Not to say others shouldn't be prosecuted, if it can be proven. But I don't want to use that argument in any way to undermine what CM did. Bottom line, he had an oath and he arguably broke that oath to make some money. As such, he should be punished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123