+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson death

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson deat

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sadly, I'm sure you're right. Plenty of scummy people willing to do whatever they have to do to get in with celebrities.

It's obvious that Murray was guilty, not only of manslaughter, but of just a horrifying lack of good judgement. The cynic in me wasn't sure a jury would convict him. An analyst on, I think, ABC, said that he might only serve a year in prison. Now, that's criminal.

ETA: I was just reading an article on CNN about the verdict and someone said something like "If this was anyone but Michael Jackson, would we be here talking about this?" Probably not. The average person doesn't have the money or power to have a personal physician in their home to administer anasthesia to them nightly so they can sleep.
    Very true and just another reason when the rich can buy so many people to do their bidding. No one wants to go outside the law or medical ethics for nothing. Those doctors are making loads of money but breaking the rules because the cash is there. Didn't the Octomom's doctor get paid $$ for what he did?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray - Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in Michael Jackson deat

I am glad and he will lose his license in California. Hopefully any other states he is licensed in will revoke them also.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I also think when you try to buy a doctor to do things that are unethical and wrong, you get a doctor who is unethical, wrong and doesn't really care about you, he just wants a paycheck.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Conrad Murray convicted of manslaughter in MJ's death

To Thine Own Self Be True

Re: Conrad Murray convicted of manslaughter in MJ's death

That entire trial was a joke, even if Dr. Murray had refused to treat Michael Jackson, either Michael or someone from his entourage would have found another doctor who would have given Michael the drugs he wanted. While the Jackson family feel that they now have closure they should take a good look at themselves and ask why they didn't do something before this to help Michael instead of railroading a wannabe fame whore with manslaughter charges. It doesn't bring Michael back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think it was a joke. I don't care how long Michael had to "Dr. shop", it was a clear case of medical malpractice, and yes manslaughter. My sister in law is an anesthetist and administers this drug, IN AN OPERATING ROOM. This guy had no means to resuscitate, not an airway, bag, mask, nothing, and he administered it in a bedroom. He should never have been administering it in the first place, and the fact that he did so without the proper equipment makes it doubly bad. So what, if Michael found another Dr. who would do it? It would make him guilty as well. Medical standards and practices exist for a reason, and this is a prime example.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    I don't think it was a joke. I don't care how long Michael had to "Dr. shop", it was a clear case of medical malpractice, and yes manslaughter. My sister in law is an anesthetist and administers this drug, IN AN OPERATING ROOM. This guy had no means to resuscitate, not an airway, bag, mask, nothing, and he administered it in a bedroom. He should never have been administering it in the first place, and the fact that he did so without the proper equipment makes it doubly bad. So what, if Michael found another Dr. who would do it? It would make him guilty as well. Medical standards and practices exist for a reason, and this is a prime example.
    I agree it was malpractice, per se. Period. Involuntary manslaughter was the right call.

He deserved to go down for kowtowing to a rich freak.

Freak, fantastic or not.

It doesn't matter if MJ could have just gone out & found someone else. The fact is that Conrad Murray agreed to do this, knowing it was against the law, against medical practice rules, wrongful use of an anesthetic, & just plain wrong. He did it for the big bucks, nothing more.
    It's like someone trying to hire a hit man. The guy who takes the job & does the deed isn't innocent just because someone else could have been hired. The one who takes the job & does the murder is a murderer, & a murderer for hire at that!
    This is what Conrad Murray did. Anything less would have been a miscarriage of justice.
    norealityhere and JavaJo like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

A man died and another man was largely responsible for it. Do no harm, isn't that mantra in the medical field? He deserves everything he gets. And Michael may have been different but he was a human being with loved ones.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast