+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

I haven't been following this story at all but if the guy doesn't want to talk to the police- and he doesn't have to - then he shouldn't. He's got constitutional rights like everyone else and a right to not explain himself. I couldn't care less why he crashed into some garbage can, whether he fought with his wife or not or whatever else. Why the hell is this even news??
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760109;
    I noticed this morning that the morning shows did not seem to have much to say about it--because there is nothing new to say.

They resorted to trying to slander the ostensible "mistress"--who has acquired her own legal representative to help her fight back against her reputation being ruined.

IMO if Tiger can continue not to talk about it then the story will die for lack of fuel.

I happened to have talked with a lot of people yesterday about other matters and made it a point to ask about this situation.

Not one person said anything other than they did NOT want or need to know any details about his private life.

That has been the general concensus from the people I have talked to......minor news being made into something major.

I agree with the alledged mistress getting an attorney.

FORT Fogey

There was one "detail" I heard for the first time this morning. I classify it under rumors but it is tantalizing in light of our discussion about the possibility of his being on sleep-aide hypnotics etc--

Supposedly Tiger was barefoot when driving the SUV.

I have no idea what the original source of this was (nor any idea of whether or not it is true)--it was said in pasing on one of the morning shows--I think GMA.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My vote is that Tiger is protecting his wife from a criminal charge.

I've also learned that in a lot of life's aspects, it's better to say as little as possible. The phrase, "loose lips sink ships" wasn't coined for no reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760156;
    My vote is that Tiger is protecting his wife from a criminal charge.
    I've also learned that in a lot of life's aspects, it's better to say as little as possible. The phrase, "loose lips sink ships" wasn't coined for no reason.
    I never thought if it that way. I can see Tiger taking the heat for her.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I have driven my car barefoot. I wonder if he has a sleep disorder and wasn't aware or awake to know that he was in a car driving down the driveway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The simplest explanation is usually the true explanation. One of my instructors used to say, "When you hear hoof beats, think horses NOT zebras." We were prone to expressing extravagant, creative thoughts. Keeping it simple has served me well.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

But see...this isn't John Doe....this IS Tiger Woods. And he has fans. And a lot of his wealth comes from people loving him and what he does so well. I just don't think he is setting the best example....and I'm sorry, but as a pro athlete...that is something you take on. There are a lot of young kids out there that look up to him. Sure, he isn't breaking the law by not talking to the cops....but it sure looks like he has something to hide by doing that. If there is nothing to hide....why not just talk to them? My boyfriend is a huge Tiger Woods fan. When this accident happened he went from "OH NO...I hope he's ok!!!" to "What a fool!" If Tiger Woods doesn't care what his fans think about him....then fine. But he should.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Tiger has been cited for careless driving which carries a small fine. A lot of this has been much ado about nothing I think. I do agree, Juls, though, that from a PR perspective he could have handled this much better.
    Last edited by chrisg; 12-01-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3760267;
    But see...this isn't John Doe....this IS Tiger Woods. And he has fans. And a lot of his wealth comes from people loving him and what he does so well. I just don't think he is setting the best example....and I'm sorry, but as a pro athlete...that is something you take on. There are a lot of young kids out there that look up to him. Sure, he isn't breaking the law by not talking to the cops....but it sure looks like he has something to hide by doing that. If there is nothing to hide....why not just talk to them? My boyfriend is a huge Tiger Woods fan. When this accident happened he went from "OH NO...I hope he's ok!!!" to "What a fool!" If Tiger Woods doesn't care what his fans think about him....then fine. But he should.
    What do the children have to do with this? Second time in as many weeks that I've seen this self-serving argument brought up in connection with a celebrity "scandal" and it's just as irrelevant as it was the first time.

If the kiddies ask they can to be told that Tiger Woods has a constitutional right to NOT talk to the police and people are not guilty of something just because they choose to exercise their rights. If they're too young to get the "constitutional right" part they're too young to even care about the news. It's a great lesson and it's what I'm going to tell my kid if she asks although I doubt she'd care. Not everything is or should be about the proverbial kids.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread