+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Since Tiger lives in and exclusive PRIVATE gated community, it is highly possible that that the HOA prefers to take care of any damages done, in a private manner.
    Also, I have noticed that it is the FL. Hwy Patrol that is handling this vs. the Windermere city police.

I know that in my area there are gated communities that are not incorporated for what ever reason, so even though the houses have the city name for a mailing address they have to call the county sheriff and fire departments for emergencies.
    They also have to pay their own sewer and gas fees.

That could be another reason that Tiger is not getting dinged for the fire hydrant "damage".

Just some thoughts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3759959;
    Unkle, I hear you loud and clear, and agree. For some twisted reason, most celebrities and other people with loads of money (and/or media market value, meal ticket potential) are often granted special privileges by people in positions of power and authority, even (or especially?) when it comes to law enforcement.
    Since Florida law says that no one has to talk to the police other than providing driver's license and proof of insurance--I'm not sure I see how this gives Tiger Woods "special privileges" under the law.

He complied with the law--that's all the law expects him--and any other Floridian--to do.

I understand not talking to the police without a lawyer present, that's not a problem. But there has been how many canceled meetings now? I'm sure John Doe the gardener would get by with that.

FORT Fogey

I honestly think this is the dumbest thing ever to be having time wasted on television. If he is having an affair, and his wife is angered so what that is about the most uninteresting thing to have to be talked about everyday. This is what our country thinks is news.

According to this link nbcsports:

Linda Adams, Woods’ neighbor, confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel that someone in her home other than her husband, Jerome, called authorities.

The Associated Press called the Adams home Monday and asked to speak to the Adams’ son Jarius, who’s believed to have made the call. The woman who answered the telephone told a reporter to call back later in the day. When the AP called back Monday evening, attorney Bill Sharpe answered and said he was representing the family. He said there was no comment at this time, but said a statement might be made Tuesday.
    It could be nothing other than they don't want to field press and other calls themselves, but it will be interesting seeing what develops.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760018;
    Since Florida law says that no one has to talk to the police other than providing driver's license and proof of insurance--I'm not sure I see how this gives Tiger Woods "special privileges" under the law.

He complied with the law--that's all the law expects him--and any other Floridian--to do.
    It's reasonable to believe that Floridians can and do decline to speak to the police. It is their right - regardless of their socioeconomic status.

This is only "news" because the Floridian exercising his rights is Tiger Woods. This would not be deemed newsworthy if the Floridian exercising his rights is John Doe the gardener.

Exactly, JordieGirl. And as I mentioned upthread, I am sure that Tiger Woods doesn't want to give more details to the police than necessary because it will just get out into the press and that is the last thing he wants for his family. Everyone already knows there was a one person accident and Tiger Woods was at fault. What more is necessary to know? Seriously.

Article
    On Sunday, Woods' agent explained his client's decision not to speak with FHP: "Further discussion with them is both voluntary and optional. Although Tiger realizes that there is a great deal of public curiosity, it has been conveyed to FHP that he simply has nothing more to add and wishes to protect the privacy of his family."

CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin explained, "Tiger Woods is under no legal obligation to speak with police...The Fifth Amendment gives everyone an absolute right to refuse to talk to them. He may be counting on the fact that if no new news emerges, everybody will move on."
    Gives EVERYONE the right.. including John Doe the gardener.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

How annoying that even the 911 caller feels the need to have legal representation and issue a statement. Seems that's the price to be paid nowadays by a good Samaritan in a high-profile incident.

I respect the way Tiger is at least trying to handle this - fulfilling his obligations to the law and assuring his fans he's okay, while providing as few details as possible to the press and asking for privacy.
    We're all just walking each other home. ~ Ram Dass

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3760058;
    I understand not talking to the police without a lawyer present, that's not a problem. But there has been how many canceled meetings now? I'm sure John Doe the gardener would get by with that.

Why wouldn't the gardener "get away" with it

The gardener--like Woods--would be complying with the law.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3760102;
    How annoying that even the 911 caller feels the need to have legal representation and issue a statement. Seems that's the price to be paid nowadays by a good Samaritan in a high-profile incident.

I respect the way Tiger is at least trying to handle this - fulfilling his obligations to the law and assuring his fans he's okay, while providing as few details as possible to the press and asking for privacy.

I noticed this morning that the morning shows did not seem to have much to say about it--because there is nothing new to say.

They resorted to trying to slander the ostensible "mistress"--who has acquired her own legal representative to help her fight back against her reputation being ruined.

IMO if Tiger can continue not to talk about it then the story will die for lack of fuel.

I happened to have talked with a lot of people yesterday about other matters and made it a point to ask about this situation.

Not one person said anything other than they did NOT want or need to know any details about his private life.

+ Reply to Thread