+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

I think he said it very well when he referred to "he felt entitled..."
    Pure and simple.
    And, we don't need a million dollar pyschiatrist to figure that out or some Dr. on a talk show who has an over inflated salary to tell us that.
    He is not now, nor will he be, the only athlete /celebrity / politician, etc. who's felt "entitled."
    The "deep rooted psychological problems" are simply what the "average person" would say - "I thought I could get away with it."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Gosh, he reminded me of A-rod yesterday.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm getting a kick out of watching Gloria Allred. Apparently none of her other clients have ever been cheated on despite the fact they were the other woman, and never picked up an issue of Cosmo to see the cheesy pick up lines men use to hook someone when they want to keep their fling on the side. I keep waiting for someone to ask her what about the other women, does he owe them an apology or just your client, despite the fact that that he said the same things to them? It must be hard keeping a straight face when she's talking.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3834179;
    I'm getting a kick out of watching Gloria Allred. Apparently none of her other clients have ever been cheated on despite the fact they were the other woman, and never picked up an issue of Cosmo to see the cheesy pick up lines men use to hook someone when they want to keep their fling on the side. I keep waiting for someone to ask her what about the other women, does he owe them an apology or just your client, despite the fact that that he said the same things to them? It must be hard keeping a straight face when she's talking.
    Isn't she Rachel Uchitels lawyer also so why didn't she have her there demanding and apology. The prostitution business must be really bad for her right now to lawyer up and demand an apology. Maybe a rag mag is giving her money now.

I also believe that the appology was not only part of a 12 step program but also a huge PR move. He had to appologize to save the brand that is Tiger Woods, especially with Nike. Nike golf IS Tiger Woods, so he had to make amends to his partners, supporters and sponsors.

I saw no remorse or sincerity, but I would not expect to do so from a Narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3835254;
    I also believe that the appology was not only part of a 12 step program but also a huge PR move. He had to appologize to save the brand that is Tiger Woods, especially with Nike. Nike golf IS Tiger Woods, so he had to make amends to his partners, supporters and sponsors.

I saw no remorse or sincerity, but I would not expect to do so from a Narcissist.
    I guess time will tell and we shall see not that it should matter.

I think he was told to do this, perhaps as part of a "step program". I've been humored, as well, by Gloria Allred. She seems to feel that her clients, who ever they are at the moment, are entitled to an apology. Well, strike me down if I'm lying, but didn't they know at the time that he was married? Shouldn't they have to apologise to Elin? What a bunch of cows! And Gloria is right in there as a fame wh@@@ getting her additional 15 minutes of fame along with her wh@@@s!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3836934;
    I think he was told to do this, perhaps as part of a "step program". I've been humored, as well, by Gloria Allred. She seems to feel that her clients, who ever they are at the moment, are entitled to an apology. Well, strike me down if I'm lying, but didn't they know at the time that he was married? Shouldn't they have to apologise to Elin? What a bunch of cows! And Gloria is right in there as a fame wh@@@ getting her additional 15 minutes of fame along with her wh@@@s!
    You are so right famita.......he was a notch on their prostituting belt but of course in the end it wasn't enough. Gloria is a slum lord lawyer.

These girls spread their legs wide for Tiger and they should have closed them and kept their mouths shut. I would think that their kiss and tell stories would be bad for any business that they would need.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3833589;
    What little kid would have a poster of Tiger in his or her room??? A football poster, a baseball poster, a soccer poster, a wrestling poster, a Nascar poster I understand but a poster of Tiger Woods in their bedroom, I don't think so.
    The ones that have been told (either directly or indirectly by people) "X people don't do Y activity; just do what society expects of you and you'll be okay." Those are the kids that had his posters on the wall. They probably have pictures of the Williams sisters and Shani Davis as well.

And there's a LOT of them.

But back on topic: I don't feel sorry for any of these bargain basement bimbos, nor do I feel that Tiger owes them an apology. An apology for what? Selling their stories to the highest bidder at someone else's expense?

To the Point

I'm sure there were several reasons for the Press Conference, but they all came down to one thing...it served the purpose of beginning the process of cleaning up the horrible train derailment that had taken place. While there will always be scars left by said derailment of the Tiger train, doing this begins the process of coming back to golf. I was more than surprised to hear him admit that the biggest issue was his sense of entitlement. Other than that there really was nothing of note. I don't think he necessarily owed the public an apology, but by virtue of his celebrity status and his capitalization on that status, I can understand why he chose to do so. I don't think he really needed to apologize to his wife/family and business associates in such a public way, but could he really make a public apology and NOT speak to that? That would have been one more thing for which the press could take exception.

As to the women...He does not owe them anything. They knew who he was. They knew he was married. They knew what they were getting in chosing to be with him. Not ONE of them can possibly have a legitimate claim. They are not better. The big difference is that he is a huge celebrity and they aren't. They made the same choices he made. They are no better. While they may not have been cheating on a spouse, they knew he was!

+ Reply to Thread