+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey
    I just heard on the news that Tiger has pulled out of his charity tournament that is going on this week.

I can understand why he'd do that--but it makes me sad that he feels the need to do it.

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3759733;
    I just heard on the news that Tiger has pulled out of his charity tournament that is going on this week.

I can understand why he'd do that--but it makes me sad that he feels the need to do it.
    He said it's because of his injuries. It's too bad; I was planning on going to the tournament on Sunday.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

He needs to just talk to the cops and be straight up. He's looking more & more fishy by the day....if he came out and said "hey, this is what happened...thanks for the concern...blah blah blah" everyone would stop paying so much attention. But because he is avoiding police and being shady it is making the public focus on him MORE. Stupid. He's looking like an idiot, imo.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3759750;
    He said it's because of his injuries. It's too bad; I was planning on going to the tournament on Sunday.
    Sorry to hear that! That would have been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3759804;
    He needs to just talk to the cops and be straight up. He's looking more & more fishy by the day....if he came out and said "hey, this is what happened...thanks for the concern...blah blah blah" everyone would stop paying so much attention. But because he is avoiding police and being shady it is making the public focus on him MORE. Stupid. He's looking like an idiot, imo.
    Exactly. Well said. Initially, the massive concern was over his well-being as the police had said he was in "serious condition" at the hospital after an auto accident. That is what started the whole thing. Then, I assume in the interest of his own privacy, only small bits of info were released - none of which really addressed anything. Lots of info was contradictory at first - and I believe this is what led to the increasing media coverage. Then, he postpones two interviews with detectives (I realize this is his right - although I am having trouble believing I would be able to get away with the same thing), then cancels the third interview attempt. Something just doesn't appear right.

If he really wanted privacy after this accident - he really should have handled it differently. More accurately, his people should have handled it with a statement earlier on, etc. There would be much less speculation, and less media coverage, IMO. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3759804;
    Exactly.

And "exactly" to Margaritaville's post as well.

Either he needs a smarter attorney and PR people, or he's hiding something that they are all working on (or he's incredibly naive).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3759551;
    He hasn't gotten away with squat. He just hasn't spoken to police investigators... and that's his legal right. And it would be your legal right if you were in the very same situation.

So where is he getting special privileges?
    Maybe I should direct my anger at the state of Florida for having an asinine law like that on the books. I'm absolutely floored that you can have an automobile accident with property damage and not have to talk to to a police investigator. How in the hell do you investigate an accident if the parties involved don't have to talk to you? How do you determine who is responsible? Do you honestly believe however that if it was John Doe, a caretaker at one of those estates in Tiger's gated neighborhood that drove his 1974 F150 Ford pickup truck over the curb, hit a fire hydrant and a tree that the police would be content not talking to him?
    Like I mentioned earlier, I could care less who he is sleeping with if anyone at all.

Unkle, I hear you loud and clear, and agree. For some twisted reason, most celebrities and other people with loads of money (and/or media market value, meal ticket potential) are often granted special privileges by people in positions of power and authority, even (or especially?) when it comes to law enforcement.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Amen, Unkle Scott....Amen!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3759938;
    Maybe I should direct my anger at the state of Florida for having an asinine law like that on the books. I'm absolutely floored that you can have an automobile accident with property damage and not have to talk to to a police investigator. How in the hell do you investigate an accident if the parties involved don't have to talk to you? How do you determine who is responsible? Do you honestly believe however that if it was John Doe, a caretaker at one of those estates in Tiger's gated neighborhood that drove his 1974 F150 Ford pickup truck over the curb, hit a fire hydrant and a tree that the police would be content not talking to him?
    Like I mentioned earlier, I could care less who he is sleeping with if anyone at all.
    I understand the sentiment but I feel strongly that people don't exercise their right to not talk to the police enough. Even if you are 100% innocent words that you speak to the police can be turned against you, and I would think that possibility is even more likely with a celebrity in some ways. The fifth amendment is there to protect us from an abusive police force. I'm not saying all cops are crooked, but it's not unheard of.

There's a great video about this subject I watched about a year ago. I found it hosted on this site: Why you should<br>never talk to cops<br> without a lawyer
    There's a quote on that page that is explained more in the video:
    Question: "The police are here. They want to talk to me. What should I do?"

Answer: "Make no statement to the police under any circumstances."

- Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson
    It may make him seem like a jerk but I completely understand not wanting to cooperate with the police if he doesn't absolutely have to.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread