+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3783110;
    Maybe that is why he married a Swede. They have a saying loosely translated is "Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it".
    I have seen pics of his wife pumping her own gas.
    I may be wrong but I think Tiger was getting a business degree in college. I saw the pic to. I would also say the bulk of his money is in swiss banks.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3783163;
    I may be wrong but I think Tiger was getting a business degree in college. I saw the pic to. I would also say the bulk of his money is in swiss banks.
    Economics.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Well, the salacious details are finally coming out -- just saw an interview with an investigator for the Daily Beast and he says...

Elin became suspicious when rumors of the Nat'l Enquirers story came out. She confronted Tiger and he texted Rachel (don't know last name) and asked her to say they were only 'just friends' and to talk to his wife. She did and she and Elin spoke for half-an-hour on the phone. When they got off, Elin seemed convinced.

The following day, Thanksgiving, Elin heard more N.E. rumors and she again questioned Tiger. "His way of dealing with it was to take an Ambien and go to bed," the investigator said. So when he went to bed, Elin took his cell phone and found texts from Tiger to Rachel, confirming their relationship. Elin then pretended to be Tiger and sent Rachel some texts of her own and Rachel responded. Elin then called her up and said, "I knew it!" Rachel replied, "Expletive" and hung up.

So, Elin went and woke Tiger up and confronted him. Still groggy from the medicine, he went into his bathroom. When he came out, Elin grabbed his phone and saw that he'd just sent a NEW text to Rachel, saying that Elin knew, she (Rachel) was the one he cared about, that divorce might be imminent and that he was going to pack his bags. Elin started punching him on the arms and chest so Tiger took the keys and ran to the car. She then got the club and chased him out of the house.

The rest, they say is history.

According to the investigator, the ONLY reason Elin is still here in the States is because of the children (implying she & Tiger are completely through.)

Separate story -- Jamie Grubbs (think that's her name) was on my local Atlanta station this morning, talking about how she'd been duped. She said that she felt bad for Elin and never wanted to hurt her but that Tiger had essentially pursued her. Then she went on to say that she was upset with Tiger for having led her on when he had other women. HUH?? Somehow, I just couldn't feel sorry for her!! :nono

I already had my ideas about Tiger before watching the segment I saw today but, wow, I didn't realize exactly how manipulative he was and just a downright slimball. Two months ago, I never thought I'd be saying or thinking something like that about Tiger Woods...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fanatic

Addicts are highly manipulative so that they can keep up the charade.

I note that people haven't said "kudos" to him for seeking the treatment that he so obviously needed. I guess it is easier to call him a slimeball than to have compassion for someone with an illness like his.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3812803;
    Addicts are highly manipulative so that they can keep up the charade.

I note that people haven't said "kudos" to him for seeking the treatment that he so obviously needed. I guess it is easier to call him a slimeball than to have compassion for someone with an illness like his.
    Honestly, and this may sound awful, but I'd have a lot more compassion for him if I thought he came to the realization that he needed help on his own, and if I thought he was doing it because he wanted to. I frankly think he's in there to rehabilitate his image and future endorsement prospects rather than any problems he may have and I think he did this at the advice of a manager, not because he thought it would help him personally. One thing that has come out of this whole story is how important his image was and that he obviously had to work to maintain it, and I have trouble believing he's doing anything but now.

Has he actually been diagnosed as an addict? Maybe he's just what he is, a cheating husband.

I would agree with the post above, he doesn't seem remorseful other than being worried about losing his public image.

I have not read a article that shows Tiger has made any statement with respect to any facts regarding the incident. Every media release is may have , could have, should have, he said, she said, they said.
    I am willing to accept this is a personal family matter and Tiger and his wife will work through this however they feel is best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3812932;
    Has he actually been diagnosed as an addict? Maybe he's just what he is, a cheating husband.

I would agree with the post above, he doesn't seem remorseful other than being worried about losing his public image.
    No, he has not been diagnosed as an addict, news reporters just started saying that. Their have been many men who have cheated on their wives and never been called sex addicts. I to believe the only reason he went into sex addict rehab was to help his public image.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3813174;
    No, he has not been diagnosed as an addict, news reporters just started saying that. Their have been many men who have cheated on their wives and never been called sex addicts. I to believe the only reason he went into sex addict rehab was to help his public image.

Maybe his wife gave him an ultimatum. His image is shot so I am sure he doesn't need that to salvage it or help it.

FORT Fanatic

Does it matter why he went in??? Lots of people have gone into rehab because those around them do an intervention or their world has collapsed around them. Not everyone goes into it willingly. So what if he went in just to salvage his image. I'll bet that while in there, he's had to confront the ugliness of the pain he has caused. Isn't that what matters most? Then the healing for those that have been hurt by his behavior (including himself) can begin.

But, I'll stop now before I get booted off of FORT for sharing my thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread