+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

I don't believe any of these "sightings". As one reporter pointed out there have not been any pictures just "reports". Reports of Elin seen at a California ski resort, near her home in Fl walking her dog, in England, in the Swiss Alps and in Africa with the CHEATER himself. But so far no pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3782839;
    I don't believe any of these "sightings". As one reporter pointed out there have not been any pictures just "reports". Reports of Elin seen at a California ski resort, near her home in Fl walking her dog, in England, in the Swiss Alps and in Africa with the CHEATER himself. But so far no pictures.
    There are so many reports and half of them conflict each other......all they care about to me is sensationalism.

Why can't a serial cheater as he is being called be rehabilitated and make a good father and husband. Have we became so judgemental and cynical in this great country we live in that we have no compassion or concern for our fellow man? My heart goes out to Elin because of the all the uncertainties she faces and because of her trust being destroyed and her life upended. I have no concern in bashing him for his mistakes because he will single handedly alone have to live with that and the repercussions it brings. My heart goes out to him also and I could care less he is a celebrity he is a human being in need of concern to.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3780557;
    The only reason Tiger's actions have adversely affected anyone other than his wife is because of the insatiably prurient interest of the public. If everyone behaved like his personal life was none of their business (which it isn't), then no one would feel the need to drop him as a sponsor and stockholders wouldn't be suffering. So, realistically, it is completely the fault of the nosy and judgmental public.
    While I get what you are saying, I certainly don't agree. Tiger is 100% responsible for his actions...no one else. Each individual involved is 100% responsible for their actions. Each individual who may be considered part of the "public" is 100% responsible for their feelings/reactions. The sponsors are 100% responsible for their actions. However, the public is not responsible for Tiger losing sponsors. It would surprise me if there weren't "moral" clauses in his contracts with all of his sponsors. They are paying him for his persona. Fact of the matter is that every decision an individual makes has some payoff and some consequence. There are always consequences...some good, some bad. I think probably Tiger is finding that the consequence of his choices may be a bit higher than he thought, but, sorry, the public is not responsible for this mess he finds himself in with his sponsors. He made decisions that put said sponsors in a position to make the call. The public did not put him in this position. Does the public opinion play into the call the sponsors are making? Certainly. However, that does not put the responsibility on the shoulders of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3782924;
    While I get what you are saying, I certainly don't agree. Tiger is 100% responsible for his actions...no one else. Each individual involved is 100% responsible for their actions. Each individual who may be considered part of the "public" is 100% responsible for their feelings/reactions. The sponsors are 100% responsible for their actions. However, the public is not responsible for Tiger losing sponsors. It would surprise me if there weren't "moral" clauses in his contracts with all of his sponsors. They are paying him for his persona. Fact of the matter is that every decision an individual makes has some payoff and some consequence. There are always consequences...some good, some bad. I think probably Tiger is finding that the consequence of his choices may be a bit higher than he thought, but, sorry, the public is not responsible for this mess he finds himself in with his sponsors. He made decisions that put said sponsors in a position to make the call. The public did not put him in this position. Does the public opinion play into the call the sponsors are making? Certainly. However, that does not put the responsibility on the shoulders of the public.

The only reason Tiger is losing sponsors is because he decided to take a break from golf. Once he starts playing again sponsors are going to start lining up to get back on that gravy train. They really couldn't care less about morality. They are just using that as an excuse to save money while he's not playing. Like I said, once he starts playing again they are going to act like none of this happened.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3782976;
    The only reason Tiger is losing sponsors is because he decided to take a break from golf. Once he starts playing again sponsors are going to start lining up to get back on that gravy train. They really couldn't care less about morality. They are just using that as an excuse to save money while he's not playing. Like I said, once he starts playing again they are going to act like none of this happened.
    I suspect you are correct. While it may be somewhat longer than his just participating in tournaments again, I do think that $$ is the bottom line, and if they see him as a maker of money they will throw some his way again.

While I agree that most sponsors are looking solely at the money, I don't think that Tiger's fans are going to be lining up in quite the way that they did before.
    He will regain some of his popularity, but he won't bounce back like many others did.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

To the Point

Just for the record, it drives me crazy when I read back over my post and see such terrible grammer. Sometimes I just am not being very attentive to the process and sometimes I make so many changes that I miss the glaringly obvious. Either way. Hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3783036;
    I suspect you are correct. While it may be somewhat longer than his just participating in tournaments again, I do think that $$ is the bottom line, and if they see him as a maker of money they will throw some his way again.
    The truth of the matter he probably won't need their money because I remember his dad saying on Oprah once he was tighter than the bark on a tree and I will venture to guess he invested wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3783045;
    While I agree that most sponsors are looking solely at the money, I don't think that Tiger's fans are going to be lining up in quite the way that they did before.
    He will regain some of his popularity, but he won't bounce back like many others did.

I'm sure that's the bargaining chip the companies will use with Tiger's agent to try to get him to sign for let's say, 8 million instead of 10 million a year.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 01-04-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3783067;
    The truth of the matter he probably won't need their money because I remember his dad saying on Oprah once he was tighter than the bark on a tree and I will venture to guess he invested wisely.
    Maybe that is why he married a Swede. They have a saying loosely translated is "Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it".
    I have seen pics of his wife pumping her own gas.

+ Reply to Thread