+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Thank you, Miss Scarlett. This is the whole point. Tiger doesn't get to crawl under the privacy umbrella when his private life turns ugly. He was the one who held his family and private life out there for the public to view and admire. Tough nuggies Mr. Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3781114;
    Maybe if Tiger had just stuck to being an exceptional golfer, then it would be more between him & his wife, but I think he made it everyone's business when he promoted his fictional image to all of us. Over & over again, promotions, TV appearances, written articles interviews & features on him, his family & this image he was presenting.
    He made himself fair game. While all the time being a total phoney & sleazebag (except for the golfing).

I'm glad to see him getting what he deserves.
    Judgemental? You bet I am!! and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.
    I don't have even the least bit of sympathy for philandering husbands, famous or not. And the way he did it, with multiple, numerous bimbos (I won't dignify them by calling them anything more acceptable, in fact bimbos is actually kind, compared to what I really think of them) is appalling & uncaringly crass toward his wife & family.
    As for the wife & family, HE caused them all the pain, NOT the media or critics.

I only wish all men who would do such a thing could be subjected to what Tiger's getting. The more sponsors & support that go away, the better.

Stick to golfing, Tiger, you're good at that, but keep yourself to golfing, NOT the public eye. Then you can do whatever you chose & THEN it will be no one else's business.
    Very well said and I totally agree!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3781114;
    Maybe if Tiger had just stuck to being an exceptional golfer, then it would be more between him & his wife, but I think he made it everyone's business when he promoted his fictional image to all of us. Over & over again, promotions, TV appearances, written articles interviews & features on him, his family & this image he was presenting.
    He made himself fair game. While all the time being a total phoney & sleazebag (except for the golfing).

I'm glad to see him getting what he deserves.
    Judgemental? You bet I am!! and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.
    I don't have even the least bit of sympathy for philandering husbands, famous or not. And the way he did it, with multiple, numerous bimbos (I won't dignify them by calling them anything more acceptable, in fact bimbos is actually kind, compared to what I really think of them) is appalling & uncaringly crass toward his wife & family.
    As for the wife & family, HE caused them all the pain, NOT the media or critics.

I only wish all men who would do such a thing could be subjected to what Tiger's getting. The more sponsors & support that go away, the better.

Stick to golfing, Tiger, you're good at that, but keep yourself to golfing, NOT the public eye. Then you can do whatever you chose & THEN it will be no one else's business.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel so I'm going to be lame and just ditto you!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3780605;
    I wasn't talking about being married with endless affairs on the side because the pain is still the same whether one or many.
    I guess it depends on who is doing the forgiving.

I've been able to forgive in the past when it was 1x.

When it's 10++, I don't believe I could forgive and / or feel the same.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3781300;
    I guess it depends on who is doing the forgiving.

I've been able to forgive in the past when it was 1x.

When it's 10++, I don't believe I could forgive and / or feel the same.
    I really don't care anymore because this is Tiger and Elins business and I believe they will handle it they way they want to whether anyone approves or not.

I agree nennie, Tigers personal life and current issues are personal to him and his family. Sponsor's have every right to make their own decisions with regard to Tiger representing their products, but, they are not out in the media bashing him like the media and general public. I do not condone what he has stated he has done but it is not my business what he does with his life. He may choose to never play golf again, who knows.

Tiger who?

I think Miss Scarlett got it exactly right. I am not even .01% interested in golf, so other than a few pictures on a newspaper I happened to be printing, I would never know who he was if he had not allowed himself, and his carefully produced image to be made such a huge deal of. Sure, it made him a ton of money, but he could have had a very comfy lifestyle with absolutely no money worries with only tournament money. To me, the price of fame is that many people do celebrity watch, and will be highly interested in the lives of such. There are many, many fine athletes, actors, singers, etc. who, sure, maybe aren't "THE BEST EVER" but dedicate themselves to their craft, doing no endorsements, and so it's not such big news if and when they mess up; there is no real "public image' other than as a great actor or athlete.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh the public outrage when Cobie whatshisname got caught red handed and apologized publically with his dutiful wife by his side - like him and a boatland behind him Tiger will come out this the other end with his devoted fans by his side.

and i don't care what sponsors decide to keep him or drop him - that's their business and I don't base my buying decisions on which celebrities companies use, regardless of their stature or reputation.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The difference with this situation (IMO) is Tiger Woods does not have his wife standing by his side like so many others before him.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread