+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 735

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

  1. #601
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3778685;
    There are still many people who do not understand how in the world it can be anybody else's business what Tiger Woods does in his private life and off the golf course.
    However, I think that the following article explains well how Tiger's actions off the golf course have adversely affected many in a detrimental manner and why they are interested in his personal life.
    The only reason Tiger's actions have adversely affected anyone other than his wife is because of the insatiably prurient interest of the public. If everyone behaved like his personal life was none of their business (which it isn't), then no one would feel the need to drop him as a sponsor and stockholders wouldn't be suffering. So, realistically, it is completely the fault of the nosy and judgmental public.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #602
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    the public has every right to feel however they want to feel about public figures. I certainly laughed out loud when Jimmy Swaggert was exposed as a hypocrite ("I have sinned"), and Tiger had "banked" on his squeaky clean family guy image for all it was worth. He made enormous amounts of money shilling for Nike and Gillette, etc., got his picture on every square inch of billboard and ad space possible. I have never watched golf (zzzzzzzzzzz) and have seen him everywhere, so I have a right to feel however I want. Public figures don't have the same privacy rights and expectations that the general public does. That is the price of their fame and riches.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  3. #603
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3780557;
    The only reason Tiger's actions have adversely affected anyone other than his wife is because of the insatiably prurient interest of the public. If everyone behaved like his personal life was none of their business (which it isn't), then no one would feel the need to drop him as a sponsor and stockholders wouldn't be suffering. So, realistically, it is completely the fault of the nosy and judgmental public.

    I totally agree with you there Rattus. All I ever cared about regarding Tiger Woods is how he played and behaved (which is something he needs to work on) on the golf course.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  4. #604
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,885

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3780574;
    the public has every right to feel however they want to feel about public figures. I certainly laughed out loud when Jimmy Swaggert was exposed as a hypocrite ("I have sinned"), and Tiger had "banked" on his squeaky clean family guy image for all it was worth. He made enormous amounts of money shilling for Nike and Gillette, etc., got his picture on every square inch of billboard and ad space possible. I have never watched golf (zzzzzzzzzzz) and have seen him everywhere, so I have a right to feel however I want. Public figures don't have the same privacy rights and expectations that the general public does. That is the price of their fame and riches.
    You are so right that we can feel and say what we want(because that is our right) but the thing that bothers me the most in the judging, bashing and trashing of him is people forget that the same experience can come and rest on their doorstep and then it won't be a pleasant experience.

  5. #605
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    people forget that the same experience can come and rest on their doorstep and then it won't be a pleasant experience.

    You wont find me married with endless affairs on the side.
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  6. #606
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,885

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3780600;
    people forget that the same experience can come and rest on their doorstep and then it won't be a pleasant experience.

    You wont find me married with endless affairs on the side.
    I wasn't talking about being married with endless affairs on the side because the pain is still the same whether one or many.

  7. #607
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,319

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    AT&T has dropped Mr. Woods now. They didn't use him in ads, but he wore clothes with their logo.
    Count your blessings!

  8. #608
    Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,756

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3780605;
    I wasn't talking about being married with endless affairs on the side because the pain is still the same whether one or many.
    I disagree. A one night stand; stupid, drunk passionate fling with remorse is one thing. Numerous, multiple deceptions going on for months and years with many women is quite another. I could forgive a stupid act of indiscretion, it's the number, 12 is it that is so appalling to so many. I cannot imagine Elin's pain. My heart goes out to her.

    Oh joy. Cuba Gooding is being touted to play Tiger Woods in a movie. What a shame and joke Tiger's life has become.

  9. #609
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,092

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3781094;
    I disagree. A one night stand; stupid, drunk passionate fling with remorse is one thing. Numerous, multiple deceptions going on for months and years with many women is quite another. I could forgive a stupid act of indiscretion, it's the number, 12 is it that is so appalling to so many. I cannot imagine Elin's pain. My heart goes out to her.

    Oh joy. Cuba Gooding is being touted to play Tiger Woods in a movie. What a shame and joke Tiger's life has become.
    I heard that it is now 13 mistresses.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #610
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,701

    Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

    Maybe if Tiger had just stuck to being an exceptional golfer, then it would be more between him & his wife, but I think he made it everyone's business when he promoted his fictional image to all of us. Over & over again, promotions, TV appearances, written articles interviews & features on him, his family & this image he was presenting.
    He made himself fair game. While all the time being a total phoney & sleazebag (except for the golfing).

    I'm glad to see him getting what he deserves.
    Judgemental? You bet I am!! and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it.
    I don't have even the least bit of sympathy for philandering husbands, famous or not. And the way he did it, with multiple, numerous bimbos (I won't dignify them by calling them anything more acceptable, in fact bimbos is actually kind, compared to what I really think of them) is appalling & uncaringly crass toward his wife & family.
    As for the wife & family, HE caused them all the pain, NOT the media or critics.

    I only wish all men who would do such a thing could be subjected to what Tiger's getting. The more sponsors & support that go away, the better.

    Stick to golfing, Tiger, you're good at that, but keep yourself to golfing, NOT the public eye. Then you can do whatever you chose & THEN it will be no one else's business.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 01-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.