+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3759553;
    It's my understanding that Tiger has fulfilled requirements pertaining to his accident, and nothing more is required of him.

Now he's got to figure out what he's buying his wife! The pink diamond has already been done! The "other woman" has "lawyered up" and is handling her business on HER end.

I did find the call to -911 entertaining. The man who called passed on "raggedy information". If you're close enough to know that the person is unconscious, you are definitely close enough to know whether the person is breathing.

For all of her "concern", Elin didn't bother to call for help? Gimme a break.

Tiger ought to have a really nice doghouse out back, though!

I bet he has the best doghouse money can buy.......he may even have to take his dogs out there with him. Better be a big one for the labradoodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3759551;
    What special priviledges is Tiger Woods getting? The special privilege of being accused of having an extramarital affair splashed all over every newspaper? The privilege of having a car accident, whatever the cause, splashed on every newspaper, television news and sports program, and internet?

He hasn't gotten away with squat. He just hasn't spoken to police investigators... and that's his legal right. And it would be your legal right if you were in the very same situation.
    I'm not sure that's true. If it was an accident that didn't involve potential criminal charges, why hasn't he met with them yet?

I still think it doesn't look good that he cancelled 2 (or was it 3?) appointments to meet with police investigators (at his home, he didn't have to go anywhere). And if it was merely an accident that didn't involve potential criminal charges, why would he need his attorney to intercede between law enforcement authorities and him? Maybe it's a medical issue related to his injuries...

And what is so wrong about discussing a news story? Those that don't want to discuss it aren't being forced to do so.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3759607;
    I'm not sure that's true. If it was an accident that didn't involve potential criminal charges, why hasn't he met with them yet?
    Because he doesn't have to, so why would he? He clearly seems intent on trying to make the darned situation go away. Not successfully, of course, but I'm sure he feels that if he tells the police the details then everything will get out in the press. And he clearly doesn't want that.

I still think it doesn't look good that he cancelled 2 (or was it 3?) appointments to meet with police investigators (at his home, he didn't have to go anywhere). And if it was merely an accident that didn't involve potential criminal charges, why would he need his attorney to intercede between law enforcement authorities and him? Maybe it's a medical issue related to his injuries...
    I don't think it's a matter of his attorney interceding between law enforcement authorities and himself... it's just his attorney doing his job.

And what is so wrong about discussing a news story? Those that don't want to discuss it aren't being forced to do so.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing it... so this comment must not be directed towards me.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Tiger got himself into a no-win situation. This incident belongs in the celebrity textbook of how NOT to handle this type of situation.

Tiger has met his legal obligations in handling a traffic accident, and owes nothing else to anybody. But here's the rub -- he is a celebrated public sports figure and people care about him. They want to know he's OK. He certainly eats up all the adulation from his adoring public when celebrating a good day on the links. This is just the other side of that coin. Celebrity can really suck.

Personally, the only thing I care about is why he was driving so recklessly. From the appearance of his vehicle, he wasn't just toodling around the neighborhood at 15 mph. Factor in the hour of the day, the weird window-smashing bit, and his lack of consciousness, and it just smells bad. As a member of the driving public, I would like to know that the rest of us are safe when Tiger is on the road. I know this happened in his neighborhood, but he drives on public roads too. Next time it could be one of us or our kids in his way, instead of a fire hydrant and a tree.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 11-30-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Emotional distress! This is a time when he really needs his dad but, unfortunately, dad is gone. Some things you just can't really discuss with your opposite-sex parent. Men and women looks at these things differently. I sure wouldn't want to be him, right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I'm sure Tiger's sponsors would like his image to remain pristine. Unfortunately, without a factual statement from the Woods' the public will continue to speculate, tending toward the darker side of things. My biggest problem with everyone wanting to let him of the hook and considering this a local neighborhood issue is that the fire hydrant and tree could have easily have been a child or a mother or a puppie. To me, the only difference between this being vehicular manslaughter and a temporary lapse in driving skills is the fact that there wasn't a person standing in the path of the vehicle. It wasn't Tiger's actions that kept this from being a more serious incident, his recklessness could have easily killed someone. I don't give him a pass because he "only" took out a hydrant. He still had no regard for any human life around him at the time, he just got lucky. Do we only penalize the unlucky?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He Has Done Everything That The Law Requires Of Him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3759647;
    I'm My biggest problem with everyone wanting to let him of the hook and considering this a local neighborhood issue is that the fire hydrant and tree could have easily have been a child or a mother or a puppie.
    Someone putting up their Christmas lights could fall off their ladder and land on a child or a mother or a puppy. Someone could swerve to avoid hitting a child and hit a mother or a puppy. Someone could drop a squirming puppy and have it land on a child or a mother. If he wasn't drunk, then it was just an accident - they happen.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759657;
    Someone putting up their Christmas lights could fall off their ladder and land on a child or a mother or a puppy. Someone could swerve to avoid hitting a child and hit a mother or a puppy. Someone could drop a squirming puppy and have it land on a child or a mother. If he wasn't drunk, then it was just an accident - they happen.
    I so agree with you......it was an unfortunate accident.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3759553;
    It's my understanding that Tiger has fulfilled requirements pertaining to his accident, and nothing more is required of him.

Now he's got to figure out what he's buying his wife! The pink diamond has already been done! The "other woman" has "lawyered up" and is handling her business on HER end.

I did find the call to -911 entertaining. The man who called passed on "raggedy information". If you're close enough to know that the person is unconscious, you are definitely close enough to know whether the person is breathing.

For all of her "concern", Elin didn't bother to call for help? Gimme a break.

Tiger ought to have a really nice doghouse out back, though!
    Proshay--Hi.

I know we're all getting bits and pieces from different souces.

From what I saw on the overnight news (from several different networks) it was said that there were two 9-1-1 calls--one from his wife.

The one that was played was from the neighbor.

I suspect it might have to do with intelligability?

Or maybe she didn't want hers played in public.

The above are guesses. I did hear several times that she also did call 9-1-1.

______________________________ ____________

I agree with everyone that this is a stricky situation.

On the one hand is the legal aspect--he has done what was required of him by law.

The other aspect is "personal" in that it has to do with his image which he has built up over his entire career of being a "straight-shooter" etc.

I personally don't need to know what the cause of any ostensible/alleged disagreement was between him and his wife--

I am just hoping he is okay--and that his family is okay.

And--not making possible excuses for anyone--but anyone who has lost a parent knows that the first few years after the loss are very difficult and people sometimes do engage in behavior they wouldn't do under other circumstances as they adjust to the loss. The void can be terrible and people resort to different means to try to fill it.

Again--not making excuses--just aknowledging how difficult it can be to deal with the loss of a parent--especially one who was as close as Tiger's dad was with him.

+ Reply to Thread