+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

"As a consumer, if I played golf, I would still value Tiger's assessment of golfing equipment despite his troubles. Nobody can argue that he doesn't know golf."

I'm neither a golfer nor a consumer of Tiger-endorsed products but I have found great inspiration in Tiger's approach to training and athleticism in general.

I am holding onto that during this situation since it really has nothing to do with his personal life and problems (which I am praying will be resolved for the best of all concerned)--and because he has inspired me so much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3769298;
    Tiger scandal could spell trouble for AT&T tourney - Washington Times

AT&T is re-evaluating it's relationship with Tiger as well. Wind Dancer is absolutely right about morals clauses being in every spokesperson's contract. These types of scandals are not something corporate PR people want a part of and we, unfortunately, are living in an increasingly tabloid culture. I didn't fully realize how much so until these past few weeks. I guess it's only been 2 1/2 weeks. I've never seen anything unravel the way it has with Tiger. It's very sad in many ways.

There is no other Tiger Woods for golf. It hasn't been like tennis where Pete Sampras was eclipsed by Roger Federer and now Rafa Nadal is challenging Fed. There is only one Tiger. He revolutionized golf and made it a much more popular sport and no one compares. Maybe someday but Tiger has been out there for over a decade and no one compared then and now in terms of his talent and the level of excitement and interest he brought to the sport. And some day this scandal will abate but, unfortunately, that won't be for quite some time now. Ultimately Tiger is responsible for his own behavior and the corporations are doing the realistic and expected thing -- given the circumstances -- but it doesn't make me like our tabloid culture one bit more.

In listening to the news stories about our ctiy's budget problems which have been brought on by the bad ecomony (we rely heavily on tourism) I realized that Tiger's not playing in tournaments in our area will also impact tax revenue and therefore impact municipal services. (we're talking millions of dollars in tax revenues when Tiger has appeared in the past.)

So the consquences of Tiger's "private problems" are much much wider than just his family or just some tournaments and endorsements--but also basic city services in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3769416;
    In listening to the news stories about our ctiy's budget problems which have been brought on by the bad ecomony (we rely heavily on tourism) I realized that Tiger's not playing in tournaments in our area will also impact tax revenue and therefore impact municipal services. (we're talking millions of dollars in tax revenues when Tiger has appeared in the past.)

So the consquences of Tiger's "private problems" are much much wider than just his family or just some tournaments and endorsements--but also basic city services in our area.
    The ripple effects are just enormous. No one can replace Tiger Woods.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I just heard on the radio that Elin took the kids out for lunch and was swarmed by the paparazzi I really feel badly for her and the children.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yup....I feel badly for her too. As far as I'm concerned they can give Tiger all the heck they want....but stay away from Elin and the kids!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

We may live in a tabloid culture, & they may be jumping on this like rabid rats, but ultimately THEY didn't cause this. THEY didn't do this to him. THEY didn't do this to his family.

Tiger did this to himself, and his family, and his sponsors, & to everyone else adversely effected by the whole scandal. The blame rests entirely on him.

If he cared at all about anyone who is suffering from his actions, he wouldn't have let himself be ruled by his you-know-what. He had to have known there would be a scandal & that at least his wife & family would be horribly hurt, but he just didn't care. An affair is one thing, but it's become apparent that this was far more than that.

This is a married man with an image he knew full well about & cultivated, who has been behaving in a manner uncaring of absolutely everyone else. He had to have known it would all come out, unless he is so self-centered & delusional that he thought he owned the media, & everyone else for that matter.

I don't feel sorry for him a bit. Some people may say it's "personal", but he made this whole scandal himself. He just went too far for a public figure. He had to know this.
    I don't blame the media, I blame Tiger. He handed the media a nice meaty dogbone on a platter. They can't be expected not to chew on it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I do think Tiger felt he owned the media. I believe he has had stories killed and such. He was too powerful in his world and now he probably realizes how much of a bubble that was. Now that it has popped. And he is responsible for this mess. But I do feel for his family. The paparazzi culture we live in is insane. Legitimize it, give it rules for the safety of everyone involved.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3769744;
    The paparazzi culture we live in is insane.
    Exactly. Saying so hardly absolves Tiger and this tabloid feeding frenzy has to stop. This whole thing has such a mob mentality to it at this point and they really need to give Elin and those kids some privacy.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

Personally I hope this never fully blows over. I hope that every golf tournament Tiger plays in, from now till the last one he enters, someone in the viewers area giggles, smirks, or comments on what a disgusting liar Tiger Woods was to his wife and children and the public.
    The latest magazine interview done before the news of his disgusting life went public has Tiger saying that the only things that are really important to him are his wife and family. What a FRAUD. He said what he knew the public wanted to hear, what his sponsors needed him to say, what a psychopath.
    I hope every sponsor pulls away from this pig. I hope his wife takes those innocent boys far away before Tiger can create more men like himself.
    It is not your "personal life" when you are signing endorsements with clauses in them about morals. Why do you think those companies included those clauses? Because they knew what they were marketing in Tiger Woods... the good, clean cut, boy makes good image. Now that image is blown by his own actions and the defenders all cry: Privacy.
    Bull hockey. You dont get to choose when your life is private once you endorse the humongous checks from the sponsors.
    You sir, are a pig, a slimy wad of scum, not a tiger by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3769910;
    Personally I hope this never fully blows over. I hope that every golf tournament Tiger plays in, from now till the last one he enters, someone in the viewers area giggles, smirks, or comments on what a disgusting liar Tiger Woods was to his wife and children and the public.
    The latest magazine interview done before the news of his disgusting life went public has Tiger saying that the only things that are really important to him are his wife and family. What a FRAUD. He said what he knew the public wanted to hear, what his sponsors needed him to say, what a psychopath.
    I hope every sponsor pulls away from this pig. I hope his wife takes those innocent boys far away before Tiger can create more men like himself.
    It is not your "personal life" when you are signing endorsements with clauses in them about morals. Why do you think those companies included those clauses? Because they knew what they were marketing in Tiger Woods... the good, clean cut, boy makes good image. Now that image is blown by his own actions and the defenders all cry: Privacy.
    Bull hockey. You dont get to choose when your life is private once you endorse the humongous checks from the sponsors.
    You sir, are a pig, a slimy wad of scum, not a tiger by any means.
    They have a boy and a girl. Yes he does have a right to privacy no matter what postition he is in life.

+ Reply to Thread