+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods' Accident

FORT Fogey

Re: Tiger Woods' Accident

Here is the link to the Florida laws pertaining to controlled substances from which I posted a very short portion in my post above--

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

So far I've not been able to find any Florida statutes that list or address Ambien as a "controlled substance."

I'll keep looking.

(Also am looking at Ambien-related lawsuits.)
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-30-2009 at 09:18 AM.

I still stand by my opinion that everything other than any charges they may bring against him is none of our business.

If you notice, the celeb marriages that are the most successful are the ones that are kept private. Tom Hanks/Rita Wilson, Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russel (although not married, but I still count it), Kyra Sedgewick/Kevin Bacon, among others....the ones you don't read about in the tabloids....those are the successful relationships.

So, if Tiger and Elin did have a spat, I don't need to know the particulars.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3759458;
    Had your neighbor knocked a down a tree in your yard how would you have felt?
    Our neighbour took out our entire back fence, along with a lilac bush and a plum tree pulling out of their driveway. My response? Not a huge deal to us - didn't bother getting the insurance companies or cops involved. I don't know why people are so interested in Tiger's incident. Either he's not a great driver (automobile, that is) or he was having a bit of a kerfuffle with the wife. Either way, not my business.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Under Florida law you must notify law enforcement if you are involved a vehicular accident--even on private property--that causes $500 worth of damage or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759525;
    Our neighbour took out our entire back fence, along with a lilac bush and a plum tree pulling out of their driveway. My response? Not a huge deal to us - didn't bother getting the insurance companies or cops involved. I don't know why people are so interested in Tiger's incident. Either he's not a great driver (automobile, that is) or he was having a bit of a kerfuffle with the wife. Either way, not my business.
    Tiger in my following of his career is a very private person and getting info out of him is like pulling teeth and I agree with you what is the big deal. I would say that about any celebrity in this kind of thing.

I figure they were having a tiff and it may have gotten heated and he left and maybe his driving skills just weren't what they should have been. End of story for me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3759536;
    Tiger in my following of his career is a very private person and getting info out of him is like pulling teeth and I agree with you what is the big deal. I would say that about any celebrity in this kind of thing.

I figure they were having a tiff and it may have gotten heated and he left and maybe his driving skills just weren't what they should have been. End of story for me.
    Indeed...end of story.

(4) "Controlled substance" means any substance named or described in Schedules I-V of s. 893.03. Laws controlling the manufacture, distribution, preparation, dispensing, or administration of such substances are drug abuse laws.
    Ambien is a scheduled medication. It arrives in the pharmacy with all other scheduled medication and is subject to the same dispensing limitations as all other scheduled rx's. It is a schedule 4. Scheduled drugs range from 1 through 5 with schedule 1's being dispensed in hospitals only, schedule 2's being under more restrictions than those that are 3-5. An rx written for a controlled drug (level 3 through 5) is only valid for 6 months, and must then be renewed by the physician. All come with warning labels about NOT driving while taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3759540;
    Ambien is a scheduled medication. It arrives in the pharmacy with all other scheduled medication and is subject to the same dispensing limitations as all other scheduled rx's. It is a schedule 4. Scheduled drugs range from 1 through 5 with schedule 1's being dispensed in hospitals only, schedule 2's being under more restrictions than those that are 3-5. An rx written for a controlled drug (level 3 through 5) is only valid for 6 months, and must then be renewed by the physician. All come with warning labels about NOT driving while taking.
    Could someone explain to me where Ambien even came into this story?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3759458;
    When famous people are given special privileges it has a tendency to piss of those of us that are held accountable to the standards applied to everyday society.
    What special priviledges is Tiger Woods getting? The special privilege of being accused of having an extramarital affair splashed all over every newspaper? The privilege of having a car accident, whatever the cause, splashed on every newspaper, television news and sports program, and internet?

He hasn't gotten away with squat. He just hasn't spoken to police investigators... and that's his legal right. And it would be your legal right if you were in the very same situation.

So where is he getting special privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by nennie
    Could someone explain to me where Ambien even came into this story?
    nennie.... part of the "rumors" and talk is that Tiger had been taking a pain medication. People have then begun hypothesizing that he was on Ambien. That one's taken on a life of it's own, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's my understanding that Tiger has fulfilled requirements pertaining to his accident, and nothing more is required of him.

Now he's got to figure out what he's buying his wife! The pink diamond has already been done! The "other woman" has "lawyered up" and is handling her business on HER end.

I did find the call to -911 entertaining. The man who called passed on "raggedy information". If you're close enough to know that the person is unconscious, you are definitely close enough to know whether the person is breathing.

For all of her "concern", Elin didn't bother to call for help? Gimme a break.

Tiger ought to have a really nice doghouse out back, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread